Rope and a Ropemaker

Flax is suitable for Rope, though Hemp is much better, and Rope is a pretty basic tool that’s been around for a while now.

According to the internet, about 40,000 years, which sounds about right.

Hard to name a civilization without some form of it.

A Ropemaker could quickly integrate in supporting Barn upgrades and herders in allowing for larger herds, and the Wagon shop with larger payload vehicles, and securing that cargo.

Further in the future, personal livestock at T5-6 homes, like horses for quicker movement, goats and cows for fresh milk as needed by a family without all the waste that stocking it in the Market brings.

Making Nets for better Fisheries, heavy and high-lifting Cranes that Stone Quarries, Deep Mining, Castle-building, Cavalry, Trebuchets, Catapults and Boats all require.

Ladies and gentlemen, Rope and a Ropemaker, for your consideration.

7 Likes

Yes! Rope is undoubtfully one of the key intermediate goods (just like iron ingot), most notably when flax is untradable. It should be what the fiber industries based on!

1 Like

I like the idea of a ropemaker, more for the idea of crafting nets. Nets for fisheries makes good sense, and also for netting aquatic fowl like geese and/or ducks, to establish an Aviary, where birds are kept for eggs and meat. We seem to have rope in the game already, if you look at the barn and the pulley on the front of it, or the pennants coming off of the Trading Post. So… who is making it? Flax has been used for rope for a long long time (so have nettle fibers- weeding crop fields could supply a small amount of nettles?), so it would fit the game as it is (as far as ingredients/crafting recipes go).

1 Like

Surprising how a rope maker isn’t in the game. Very needed though.

1 Like

I like the idea too.

BTW Could add elevator on cliffs (like on greek monasteries).

1 Like

It took a considerable amount of effort to find a gif of this without swears :joy:

1 Like

Yea, it’s just… there are no cliffs?

People have been creating their own, using the Fatten Tool, since the game released. Check the Settlement Showcase- Settlement Showcase - Share your creations!
Quite a few examples of cliffs created by players there.

And the barn has a pulley system shown on front of it, which would imply that we have the technology to at least create a simple pulley system.

The issue I see is that it will require Crate to add a new building type with at least one upgrade probably, that will only be used by players who enjoy doing serious terraforming to create their own cliffs. Something not all players get into. Though it might be an idea for a future update or small-ish DLC for people to buy if they enjoy the idea.

Well, to be honest i wouldn’t mind if some “real” cliffs were introduced in future updates.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.