Rune of Hagarrad is a bit overpowered

Against big enemies, because they get hit multiple times, while some other enemies seem to get hit only once or twice… at least that’s what I observed.

Maybe they should’nt hit enemies more than once, but get a buff to their base dmg?

I don’t think RoH is overpowered, at least not now :smile:

currently each projectile deals 25% less damage to each enemy at point blank…

What enemies and circumstances are you testing it in?
Level? Area? Crucible, SR or Campaign?
What are you comparing it to?

It got nerfed hard a few patches ago, and then tuned back up in 1.1.4.0, so expect people to have strong opinions about this. You should make a good argument, otherwise people are just going to shout at you about it.

1 Like

It does seem overpowered on bosses in maingame.

But @Gordyne RoH got a crushing nerf that made it fall from grace as one of the fanciest main skill nukes and become a very expensive but not-so-great support for other main skills. It’s not overpowered. Most top players agree that it’s vastly underpowered for the effort it takes to max it and achieve relevant cooldown reductions and conversions.

Lately RoH got a charity slap in the face in the form of reducing this nerf very slightly but I think the nerf should be removed completely, and sets such as Chillwhisper should be adjusted accordingly. In my opinion RoH is supposed to be a high dmg single target nuke with long wind-up and decent AoE debuff.

4 Likes

I can just copy what @ya1 wrote above. Cold rune is a just a mere shadow of its former glory.

Though, it is still a very good skill to build around for main campaign gameplay and farming, especially if you are a new-ish player that does not have that much gear lying around.

First it got 30% reduced damage at point blank, now it deals 25% reduced damage. What we got in 1.1.4.0 patch is thus a 7% damage increase.

WTF? People who call open for a nerf of a mediacore skill in a single player game are the same people who remind the teacher that we got homework to do and that they need to control it.

In a age of a ancient RoH was a most op skill in game, on single cast it deals 800k-1m damage
Gods could not endure this insult to game balance any longer and nerfed RoH it into a endless darkness of oblivion

1 Like

The gods got a bit too upset imo :wink:

Gentleman, is this your first time playing RoH build??
Would you please test your build in deeper shard and share us a piece of your observation??
People who play RoH first time might find it overpowered on a single target,
but they always overlook this skill doesn’t offer ADctH, also build that goes with it mostly glass canon.
It’s a skill bear much danger than the real treat it has to offer,
which is why Crate gives us Chillwhisper, a top choice for RoH build.

I bet lots of people would offer their left cheek for another charity slap, just kidding.
It’s scarcely possible that Crate would do this no matter how many pleading cases we’ve represented. Through all this time their position is as firm as our feedback.
Still I hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

1 Like

I smell another RoH nerf. :scorv:

To nerf or not nerf, that is the question.

roh must be one of the most ambivalent skills, each patch it gets either nerfs or buffs :stuck_out_tongue:

I smell a pit of endless rage. Including myself in that pit.

Don’t touch RoH, it’s been beaten enough times already.

Hi, thanks for all the answers and info, sorry for the late response!

It just seemed to me that it was unintended to proc so many hits on big targets. It’s just a vast disparity hitting a single spike vs hitting 4 or 5.

I also didn’t say it was OP, I said it was OP vs. Big targets.

I also didn’t ask for a straight nerf. I suggested a nerf to number of hits vs big mobs + a decent buff in base damage to compensate.

But, whatever… Its not a big deal if they leave it like it is.

There are many so called “shotgun” skills in the game that can hit same target with more than one projectile

High single target dmg, with high AoE frostburn + AoE debuff + Freeze seems like a skill that does too much IMHO. A skill that has that much AoE + debuff potential maybe shouldn’t also have high ST dmg?

But, if you nerf that part you need to compensate for it in some way, ofc…

At least that’s the way I see it. But then again… It has a big CD and time to arm. Not sure if it’s a fair trade off.

and you need to max out Skill + 2 modifiers + passive skill. That means that there is almost no room for more than investing into this skill. So from that perspective it could be fair that this skill has all of these properties.

Campaign. Level ~ 50

Well, you’re right, maybe OP wasn’t the right word… just that it has some crazy dmg spikes because of the shotgun effect. For a skill that’s supposed to be AOE, it was doing much more Single Target damage than Sacred Strike which is a ST skill :smile:

Let them shout… I made an argument, people are free to be for or against it :slight_smile:

I rest my case.

Spending 100 points to max 2 masteries plus investing into the Rune + modifiers still leaves you with 96 points to spend in other skills.