Saved games lost

A normal save is a folder_####### with a .map core file and .sav files for each save you made.

something like this ?

like this?

And you do not see those in the load menu in-game?

I see OneDrive is still up. My only conclusion remains that it is interfering.

Can I see the full folder structure please.

Also, your town’s name is Doomstown but the saves are Lycorisville? Is that something you deliberately did while playing or is this a mix of two different saves?

Ye I don’t see in menu
This one drive is for working only the one that I got all game saves is off

Any conclusions or it’s just bug in game

It is not a game bug.

The game cannot read the files because as far as it is aware they do not exist, so something on your system is causing this. This not the first time OneDrive has messed with people’s saves and caused problems.

U think that reinstall could help ?
Alsow I didn’t meet this problem with other games

my folder structure is a bit different. my document folder is pinned. and I got these save files there. not inside C/User/name/… etc. there is document folder inside it, but it’s empty. I don’t know why.

yes. I deliberately renamed my saved files. :slight_smile:

Are you running OneDrive or any other similar software?

1 Like

A reinstall of the game would not make a difference.

A simple test would be to make a new save and try to save the game. See what happens/where it ends up.

1 Like

Thx for help I will try to solve this problem

yeah just make sure one drive and steam cloud and any other cloud apps are off.

then make sure the save files are where Zantai said.

one drive is crap it will change permissions of files even. it is evil get rid of it lol

looks like my folder is in OneDrive. that’s definitely the issue. still figuring out how to move it to C drive. tried copy paste it and move location but doesn’t work.

Thanks for the help :smiley:

See if anything here helps

Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive - Microsoft Support.

"From Onedrive go to settings–>account then click on the unlink tab.

After that configure your account again, when the wizard ask you for the location select the C:\Users\jjcla\Documents path then click ok next choose this location."

I got my saved files back. I moved FF steam folder from C to D, then I copy all saved files from OneDrive to D. I don’t know if this the right solution or not, but it works.
Thanks for your help. and thanks everyone

yeah like i said one drive messing with permissions. then you need admin rights
to move stuff to C docs. Hard to tell without the PC in front of me for sure but
that is what happens a lot. D drive new location so no admin needed and
one drive not locking down the C doc area which it does when it is moving
files but it forgets to unlock. one drive is a hot mess.

now you can leave all these cloud apps running IF you spend the time
to go into settings and adjust stuff and/or make sure the path to the FF save
is not allowed to be touched.

yeah you’re right. I never touch OneDrive since I bought this laptop, but it messing with my game. thankfully my progress is save.

thanks for the help mate.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.