Savefiles in local save directory

Hello people and devs,
I hope it can me one, like synonymous of the devs bring some light here in the dark.

I have the following files in my savegame directory for common char usage:

-Playmenu.cpn
-Leaderboard.brd

I am not concerned about the two. I know what that is.

Then we have the 3 blocks with Formulas, Transfer and Transmutes. Of those there are ever 6 files, I thought anyway. :wink:

-Formulars.cst
-(Formulars.csh)
-Formulars.gst
-Formulars.gst.bak
-Formulars.gsh
-Formulars.gsh.bak

-Transfer.cst
-Transfer.csh
-Transfer.gst
-Transfer.gst.bak
-Transfer.gsh
-Transfer.gsh.bak

-Transmute.cst
-Transmute.csh
-Transmute.gst
-Transmute.gst.bak
-Transmute.gsh
-Transmute.gsh.bak

I have 2 questions about this:

The ā€œFormulas.cshā€ does not exist. The other two ā€œcshā€ but already. Can someone tell me why that is?

What do these csh and cst files store? With the gsh and gst files I know what it is ā€¦

Thank you

Edit: and yes, i have also hardcore characters played

Unless those are newer extensions the devs are now using canā€™t say I am familiar with them. Are you using any 3rd party tools that mess around with these files and may be implementing their own backups?

Hmm. Doing a search with forum search for *.cst lead to this conversation over in the GD Stash thread:

Someone posted this thread as well back some months ago (no replies):

Edit: Zantai responded with this about it in Discord:

ā€¦by which Iā€™m assuming he means that upon installation and loading in FG the first times these ā€œbackupsā€ were created because as far as I know ā€œnormallyā€ they have long been of the .gst/gsh variety.

The only files that matter when you play FG are the .gst/.gsh files. the corresponding .cst/.csh are copies that were created when you installed FG, in case you ever want to play without it (e.g. MP with some friends that do not have FG).

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming then that if you for whatever reason wanted to load those particular files in then you would just rename them as their normal .gst counterparts?

I assume so too. As they should essentially be the exact same files with which FG started out, there should not be an issue

1 Like

Thats it! Thank you!

At this time I had items in stash, items saved at the Illusionist, but not find the blacksmith in Hardcore mode, because I havenā€™t played a lot HC at this time.

Thats why the formulas.csh was not created or backuped, because it does not exist at this time.

Thanks