Search Feature?

Hi,

It would be really nice to have a search feature in the building’s menu, so that I can:
A. Search for buildings within the menu
B. Find a building when I can’t remember where I built it in my giant city, lol.

1 Like

B. Find the building in the B Build menu, click on it as if you intend to build it, usually other buildings of that one will show a highlighted outline.

That does not work. See image below, when I act like I am going to build a new brick facility, the other two don’t light up. The problem is that I have my city so big now that I was looking for my shoe maker and it took me like 10 minutes to find it, which is kind of annoying…

Oh, right. Service buildings, like Rat Catcher do light up, as do work camps and storage.
Alternative for finding buildings, go into Professions and click on the magnifying glass for, say, Cobbler. If they’re at work you’ll find the building, or they may be heading towards it (if they’re not bloody shelter stocking or looking for foood on the other side of the map.)

1 Like

da gebe ich recht das ist die beste Möglichkeit seine Gebäude zu finden wollte ich auch gerade schreiben aber da bist mit zuvor gekommen ^^

Bei märkten, Rattenfänger, Mist plätzen, Jäger, Fischer, Sammler, türmen, Kasernen und auch Lagern werden diese eigentlich weiß hinterlegt und man sieht den Radius bei einigen Gebäuden.

Es ist immer schnell zu finden ^^ nach einigen Stunden ingame ist mir das aber auch erst aufgefallen und jetzt nach knapp 100 Stunden ingame und einigen Karten gehts auch besser von der Hand

Zeit bringt einem alles in dem Spiel nach und nach bei ^^

Ah, Thank you!!

A valuable tip indeed. Now I have a much more efficient way to find it!

[Google Translate] Sie sagten “Rattenfänger”, haben Sie das gefunden? Ich habe nichts dergleichen gesehen.

Definitely need a search feature lol. Or a button to toggle between copies of the same building, so you don’t have to scroll manually through your big ass city!

Or maybe a sidebar in which you can easily toggle between different kind of building types to light up upon the map. And to scroll out further, now you can’t even have a decent visual overview of your city.

Speaking of overviews, does the game try to render the entire map continuously? Last game I played I had 840+ villagers and a horrendous lag every 5 seconds of gameplay.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of calculations the game engine is doing re desirability, etc, and that does cause problems. Hopefully the upcoming v0.8.1 patch will help with that as it’s mainly focused on optimisation of the game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.