Seasons need them badly

Grim dawn needs seasons bad an should have had them years ago its definitely the single main issue holding it back from diablo an poe please make seasons zentai

1 Like

an i dont mean fan made ones either before someone says i mean real ones from the devs like any other good arpg would do

grim dawn doesn’t need seasons, it’s an old school game, it’s also the best arpg

7 Likes

We’re getting another expansion instead :wink:

well thats fine an all but the game needs seasons much worse

i disagree i think it should have had seasons to start with

What do you expect from “real” seasons that the “fan made ones” can’t offer you?

2 Likes

the same quality an new stuff that comes every 3 months with poe an diablo there is a reason it works an is a good model dont get me wrong the fan made ones r good but a dev one would be way better an keep the game more updated an more alive thats all im saying

Yeah, no - the day/night cycle is enough…

3 Likes

well i disagree just my opinion all im saying would make the game feel more alive an updated a expansion once ever few years only is what hold it back from other arpgs

Almost 8 successful years would seem to indicate we…don’t?

Seasons are expensive, resource intensive, require a dedicated online infrastructure (and a fundamental rework of the game engine to support it) which in turn requires maintenance, upkeep, and an eternal war against cheats. Live-service games fundamentally change how a company has to approach development.

Instead we get old school no-bullshit expansions, offline play, and mod support.

29 Likes

i totally understand that so maybe then since it would be a fresh start an new game i hope u can implement them into grim dawn 2

an that also means u just dont have enough money or a big enough team to support them properly hopefully that can change in the future have good day sir

Church n Gospel truth!!

1 Like

im not trying to start a argument or say the game is bad i like grim dawn very much i just would personally have seasons over wat zantai mentioned thats all im entitled to my opinion like anyone else if it never happens oh well wont be end of the world an ill still play just one scrubs opinion have good day

zantai is my shepherd, I will lack nothing

2 Likes

Seasons are overrated, I see no point in them at all, and that does not even consider that for them to work you need a server hosted game, which GD is not, and the ongoing work of the developers. Their and my time can be much better spent than on seasons.

5 Likes

NYET.

PoE’s are the main reason I don’t play it, because everytime one drops the mountain of content grows ever higher to try and deal with. Along with mucking with the capabilities of previously strong builds, not out of balance concerns, but more to “shake up the meta”. Which given PoE’s still terrible drop rates for self-found makes it a royal pain to even think about playing.

Also, the only reason they even remotely working Destiny 2 is because they’re story driven and make up for the lack of regular expansion packs by pushing the story forward while improving the game. Because the PvE side of D2 has seen some amazing gameplay improvements, while PVP’s been kind of ignored lawl.

Anyhow, seasons cost considerable resources to do in the first damn place, which is partly why you only ever see them in live service type games which can use them to drive higher user spending and thus justify and have the income to do them. And guess what? Crate doesn’t have that sort of money to do that stuff, and also would rather spend those resources on expansions and other games, which would very probably make more money for them than seasons. They also don’t sell cosmetic stuff for the game constantly, which is a big part of seasonal models for income.

And all the above you would have realised if you’d just bothered to a) think first and b) look at the wider context and other games and how they do this stuff. /hint-hint

2 Likes

well once again a i disagree with u an b is grim dawn sold cosmetics an did things differently from the start they could have made a lot more money an do story driven season to me its common sense someone would want new content every 3 months instead of 3 years but u good sir definitely dont have it lol good day an good riddance

I personally want an offline game not online bs stuff. & from the feedback the season modders do an awesome job. have you tried their mod?

7 Likes