Settlement Showcase - Share your creations!

Where or when do you find a brick-paved road option?

Upgraded plazas… the poor raiders don’t know what to do when they get to the city… they scoot around the outside. :joy:

There is no road. Its all plazas.

1 Like

Sneaky!

I gotta try that! :grin:

WIP from the V8.0 build

9 Likes

Mmmm, really, really liking the pergola/archway/gate/things.
Be cool if we could pull it, like a farm field, up to 2x4 or 4x4, maybe?
Making a vine-covered patio next to a manor would seem like a natural fit.
Will they stack close enough to fudge an arbor?

1 Like

So, I’m trying that, but YIKES, what an incredible waste of stone!

We need to get Crate to make the brick plaza a buildable menu option in T4 or T5, and not an upgrade from an existing stone plaza location.

2 Likes

Maybe just place plaza’s around the vault and all other important buildings… and place walls around them too to be on the safe side.
Never know when a patch will change things. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Here’s a quick “tour” for anyone interested! Plus a thank you to all the Farthest Frontier team! :blush:

3 Likes

Avenue of the Giants, between Oak Way and Maple Trail.

3 Likes

Organic grown

6 Likes

Thank you for pointing this out

Oak, Maple, Birch and Spruce brick-lined avenues.

The screens of v.8.0 show a new, small wood arbor/gate.

If they make it into general play, I think spacing the trees back one space, and having arbors bridge the avenues at each space between homes will look pretty cool.

That will still leave enough room for the trees, statuary and gardens along the way in-between homes.

The layout of the town.

Blue squares are houses in the housing areas.

For some reason those are the only buildings that show up in the app.

The black circle is where the Trading Center, Vault, Town Center, and all my industry are located.

The black ellipse is where farming is taking place and the black lines/square are where my walls and fortifications are located.

The inverted ‘L’ shape on the upper right is the hot corner, but they have tried every approach.

Worst they’ve done so far is destroy a market and loot it of two flour, from the center of the black square around the bottom housing area.

3 Likes

Jealous of your planning skills, I’m more a gardener and treehugger I guess. :joy:

Although, my city is also well guarded.

7 Likes

V.8.0?
I see a Maypole and some Urns.
This is the kind of stuff I was hoping to see in coming here to this game.
My grid-style layouts are basic, and only look nice because of the bric-a-brac and window-dressing the game supplies.
Your work is beautiful.

Thank you, yes I signed up for the BETA test 0.8, cool stuff the new items!

that’s a beauty almost like Paris

Most impressive I had not thought of using plazas to make double width streets and roads… thbis is something I shall now try…

they should buy the rights to this to use as a game promo… it is a collossal piece of design and building work which brings gravitas and grandeur to the game… beautifully done video with great sound… the best I have seen of what is possible in this title

I took some “street level” snapshots, now that my settlement’s been shaping up some.

5 Likes

Only August so far, but we’ll catch up soon enough!

2 Likes