Shattered Guardian set questions

Hi Guys,

I’d like to get some clarification on how to obtain this set.
Me and my friend were grinding SRs in HC Ultimate and upon finishing SR 25, 4 set chestplates were available for buying from the SR vendor. We then reran SR 25 but the vendor wasn’t selling anything at all anymore.

So what’s going on?

What SR is required for the rest of the Shattered set items to become available?

This is especially challenging for hardcore players as damage spikes in high SR pose a huge risk to our top toons. I have 5 fully decked builds yet only one of them can farm SR 25 (still getting close calls occasionally). So, how much higher do we have to push to complete the shattered set??

Not sure, but I think different pieces for different levels? I don’t play SR so not sure. Maybe as said here?

1 Like

If you use a checkpoint, you must proceed at least one additional shard for the vendor to sell the set.

The final piece of the set is at SR60. Best of luck in your adventure!

1 Like

Sorry to interrupt, but if your build is experiencing “close calls” at SR 25, then it’s considered kinda weak/underequipped for endgame terms. Solid builds start experience some problems starting from SR40+, or even higher, if player is careful and avoids dangerous mutators/bosses.

Do you play HC or SC? SR 25 seems pretty low, but like you said, avoiding dangerous mutators and/or boss combos is important. When someone says “This build can do SR75+ with no deaths” in Softcore, doesn’t mean the same in HC, simply because there’s no retry if you got oneshot in one nasty situation out of 100. So, when I say that I’m getting close calls in SR 25, it doesn’t mean the build is weak. In fact, it’s sporting 4k armor, 3.2k DA/OA, 15K HP, all max or overcapped res and ~500 regen. It’s the very same spec which was used to clear SR 80 in softcore. But it dropped to 10-20% hp a couple of times today during our 2-3 hour run and it was pretty scary. Sometimes it’s hard to spot dangerous affixes when you are surrounded by 8 heroes at once. Those pesky mobs that remove your auras are the worst!

Well, guess, we have to push higher to get that set eventually. SR 60 sounds achievable in terms of damage, but I’m not sure we will be able to avoid death…

I play SC, but prefer making tanky builds, and i cant imagine how one of those, if geared and played properly, can die in SR25…
Enemies, that use dispel (turn off buffs) are kinda noticeable (they all are purple, you know). You can check boss’ names in boss room before engaging them (use minimap). If there is a really bad combo - just escape (logout or so), retreat makes no shame in HC.

From my own experience, SR 40-50 is kinda dangerous due to boss room layout. It’s even more dangerous, that SR 50-60. Be careful and dont pull all bosses at once. If you do, better just escape, the risk of death is too high.

DA matters a lot in HC, since being crit immune means you wont be suddenly killed by crit. As for life regen - well, i think it’s useless. Some enemies can literally turn it off, and mere 500 HP/sec is nothing for the damage you usually take in SR. ADCTH is the only working sustain for me there.
Max res arent enough, especially for HC. You need overcaps of 30+ for every res. For Elemental, Chaos and Aether i’d recommend 50+ (for Aether you can and should use faction consumable).
Armor is nice, but dont rely too much for it. From my own experience, there isnt much difference between 2.7k and 4k armor. Why? Because you’ll be melted by non-physical damage anyways (ha-ha). After all, there are 9 other damage types besides physical, so dont put all your eggs into a single basket.
BTW, what is your build? I’m using this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrPylj2

Thank you for the tips! I’m using this build, just different rings and helmet - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqJBy8N

Yes, DA and resist overcap is what I’m trying to push higher at the moment. I like how your oppressor has a lot more ADCTH. This would be very helpful in HC. Also, mark is super helpful against bosses (one on one). Hmm, maybe I should make one just to see if it has more resilience.

Hmm, 3% ADCTH? That’s barely noticeable, really. I cant imagine playing without 15%+…
And 2500 OA… that sucks, to be honest. You miss a lot and have 0 chance to trigger AM.
Man, i bet that build could have been much better with some adjustments. Maybe, also aim for 100% block chance/block recovery? That makes you tanky, you know, and only Warlord can do it.

And yes, Mark is superb, if you use it properly. A good “oh shit” save with low CD.

Yes, I’m looking for those adjustments but don’t have any better gear yet. It’s only been a month since I started my HC journey. But will aim for better rings so that I can redo the augments & components. Can craft the armor of Azragor for another +5% ADCTH.

It’s not about gear even. You could use other devotions (Ghoul/Revenant), other components (Seal of blades), etc.
As for rings, i bet, unique “Closed fist of Vengeance” is really great…

Sorry, this is my current setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23J7jBN

I could grab Ghoul/Revenant but not without losing a nice chunk of dps. Seal of blades would be great but my resistances are barely capped, so it’s either losing the seal of might or mark of myrmidon. I’m struggling to get both ADCTH and overcap resistances while maintaining good damage.

Consider getting Light of Empyrion, offers great resistances (total, 15% vitality, 20% aether, 20% chaos, 15% elemental) and makes up for the lack of Warcry damage dealt debuff.
You should also consider moving some physique points into cunning for more OA.

With that devotion switch you can definitely afford to use Seal of Blades instead of Might.

This is my version of the build:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4aXXl2
Haven’t touched it in a while and there are multiple things I’d change about it, I also recently got those superior Thornhide pants so would have to incorporate those somehow without screwing over my resistances.
On the other hand I also found a Gildor’s Guard which would help a lot with elemental res.

You could use Restless Remains in gloves slot, at least…

Thank you for the tips, Guys!
I’ve changed the build completely since my previous post here. Wasn’t enjoying the phys retal gameplay much, so went on experimenting… and this is the new spec - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23JWX4N
Eye of reckoning now deals 120k+ retal DPS before the buffs and procs, which is already more than half of what my DW Phys EoR warlord does and he melts bosses really fast. That doesn’t count all the normal retaliation damage and procs. This is not my final setup by any means. Still need better rings and medal. But it’s at 3k OA and DA with all the buffs active, good resists and HP. Only problem is the lack of RR, as it’s sitting at -37% for acid, which is pretty low. Couldn’t grab Rumour without losing too many important constellations. Still, managed to do SR 44 last night. My PC got frozen during 45, so no checkpoint yet, but it was doing ok in terms of damage and survivability.