Shattered Realm Boss Spawning Discussion

3-5 mins and scale more with SR levels is fair enough for a fresh kill 1v1, even in SR 105 it takes less than 2 mins to kill the toughness Iron maiden (24 mil hp). SR 50 IM has only 5 mil hp, so even a budget gears 2 mins far enough to solo kill her. And I repeat again, SR high levels is all about end game content, thus beginners will do just fine in low levels SR.

1 Like

So I tried few runs with builds I consider weaker without camera abuse and I saw little to no change in their performance in SR. Maybe if Mad Queen or Gargabol spawned it could be different but only because these two bosses are just stupid OP. Otherwise I think these changes really won’t do much at all. Only difference is it was annoying to play it this way but that is just a matter of taste I guess. I tested in SR 80. Maybe I will try also some weaker SR 65-66 builds but I still don’t think much changes with camera abuse.

To take a hypothetical, what if these changes were implemented and the scaling beyond 75, or even 60 was cut to a fraction of its current rate? Are we seeing a simple aversion to change, an aversion to something as simple as numbers going down, or a protest at an exploit being labeled as such?

1 Like

So there is only one major stupid thing when playing without camera abuse and that is Grava agros immediatly in that small boss room and makes it unplayable. If nonsense like this is fixed that would be nice. Large boss room is not much different with or without camera abuse. But it is just far less enjoyable to me because you have to run around more - different playstyles.

1 Like

It does not matter for me when 2 bosses insta agro, camera thing does not matter there. It’s impossible to have fun 1vs1 fights then (until killing 2 bosses and quitting on extremal deeps) and a lot of diversity is cut off. Does not matter if it’s shard 60, 80, or 100.

3 Likes

I prefer Diablo 3 rifts, just one end boss… and also easier to balance

1 Like

Also when you are redoing SR I would appreciate in first three shards not having arcane heroes spawn with healers. It is just cheap.

2 Likes

Some monster totems in Main Campaign even can be pretty sketchy with those combos

1 Like

Welcome to legit world.

Also having portals that spawn on the opposite side of the map in first three shards is not enjoyable.

1 Like

So you are asking for 1v1 fights and crate is saying that’s not intended. Reminds me of the AoM bug with auras…

And it’s “repaired” after 1,5years of release? With only effect on destroying diversity and playstyles in deep sr and without any effect on 60-75 shards. Some things “intended” and balancing around literally few players leaded to many builders leaving and basically empty builds section. That’s not gonna do anything good too.

2 Likes

It’s clearly not changing just a narrow subset of experiences when new players are being presented with the exploit and operating under the assumption that this is how they’re expected to claw their way up to a finalized gear state rendering the expected progression through SR moot. Rather than interact with the challenge they’re taking this easy way out, ensuring even a kludged together set of faction gear can ride through the checks of the boss room.

1 Like

@Dmt most games have this kind of statistics

So 13.7% of people who own the base grim dawn game have purchased FG, and thus 7.8/13.7 = 57% of FG owners have apparently jumped into the shattered realm? Seems like it concerns a large portion of recent players who are involved in the relevant content.

3 Likes

But this exploit is not corrected? Agroabuse still exists and community enjoyed it according to Zantai’s words? Camera exploit should be deleted (great), decreasing bosses vision range in the same time (so dont talk it’s not indended because it’s clearly is, otherwise all bosses would agro) is great, making 2 bosses always agro when luring bosses IS INDENDED will destroy diversity for handful players going for higher shards and will not change experience for average players - well, it will make 60-75 even easier than it is now.

1 Like

It doesn’t strike me as much of a surprise that you missed the point where Zantai noted the exploit will be patched for the shattered realm. High SR pushing at your own admission is a narrow subset of things not governed by game expectations and it shouldn’t have the impact it currently does on the broader community. It’s grown to be an incestuous pocket with undesirable traits emerging like that of inbred European royalty.

2 Likes

You are an optimist

I prefer to work off given statements rather than an unfounded position.

1 Like