Shields and Caster Offhands Feedback Thread

You can always make Dervish with dual Chillhearts.

Chillheart just converts Physical to Cold. As far as I can tell it doesn’t do anything for Fire.

You have belt with conversion, Rimetongue set piece and also shoulders. So you can easily boost 100% conversion, even with dual Chillhearts.

Am I mistaken in thinking that those items all together would result in only 52.5% conversion?

Rimetongue mask- 30%, Rimeforged shoulders - 25%, Nightfire belt- 50%, so average rolls will net you 105% . Don’t know what you’re missing in your calculations.

Chillhearts have global fire and lightning converted to cold, perfect for Eor. Dual wield it and you got yourself pure cold EoR (with good roll on conversion ofc). I dont even bother using Gravetouch.

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask. But how good is Myth Codex of Eternal Storms? From the looks of it, it seems like a perfect fit for a Trozan set build.

You are right, it was added that conversion. Even before that tried both versions and DW Chillhearts was better than Gravetouch. But with perfect rolls, you can just put your SR set and roll…

It’s a good placeholder for the set.

Adoomgod,

I’m in the middle of making a retal FoI and I noticed sth worth mentioning in this thread about CONSUMPTION OF AGRIVIX

1. As an off-hand supporting a spam cast (CT) and a channeling skill (FoI), it’s weird it has no cast speed

2. It has not a single drop of physical damage converted to fire. This is the main problem of all fire retal that can’t include certain chosen items.

The set’s not bad but the CT nerfs definitely stung. Yeah I dunno, haven’t tested it in SR either.

Removed Turrion’s Reprisal from the list. It’s definitely good enough now and with thinkering it might even fit on some pretty good builds.

I tested Wrathguard and Mythical Watcher of Erulan on Puri in crucible. Erulan showed himself as a good protective shield and overall more comfortable with the game. Wrathguard needs much more offensive ability/mods (+3 to brimstone seems like necessary minimum as well as pierce to chaos conversion to the Fire Strike)
Video cruciable (3 bufs + buner)

Erulan
Wrathguard
4 Likes

Thank you for your efforts, sincerely. I was hesitant to take Erulan off the list because the crucible time was a bit slow, but it definitely looks like a sturdy as fuck build so I’m pretty satisfied with the performance in the video.

I hope Zantai takes your feedback for Wrathguard into consideration. It could afford to be like a full minute faster or more considering its way more of an offensive focused shield than Erulan. Seriously, thanks @Firozo

I will remove Erulan from the list!!!

BTW just noticed Farrath’s cube have been buffed twice in a row. In previous patch managed to do 8.10 as best result in Crucible. Not sure if now it’s better. Cast speed absence isn’t a problem in my build, since both gloves and weapon have. Damage modifier is nice, but build still is perhaps the weakest PRM . One thing for sure is the Murmur change doesn’t help. Biggest problems are resistant to cold enemies.

I know the tendency is to decrease racial bonus, not the opposite. But the racial on Cube might help. I don’t think it needs another stats boost anyway.

Ok, I’m building a spam BWC Shieldbreaker with Infernal Knight set and think that Mythical Judgment of Empyrion may be “ok” in that setup.

It is a very peculiar offhand though. I can’t see what Soldier would do with it as his castable skills either require a shield or a 2-handed weapon. The Ulzuin’s Chosen bonuses would probably only help a fire based grenadier/canister bomber (but there’s better choices for both). We can already get full conversion for Chaos either using a Zarthuzellan’s Codex or Demo’s Conduit.

I think the Ulzuin’s Chosen bonus should be +2 to BWC/Agonizing Flames or +2 to Hellfire Mine. That way you can make use of the conversion.

Finally we get Judgment. Which also gains flat Chaos bonuses from Infernal Knight set. So it’s not a bad filler for stacking Burn damage whilst throwing a bit of lightning to compliment an elemental based build further.

I think -1 second to skill recharge for Judgment should be added to this offhand.

Other than that I’m stumped as to how to improve it without changing it completely.

Likely a leftover after the changes it’s received over time. Originally it was a Physical/Fire-themed item but has steadily shifted over to Fire/Lightning.

I agree that the +1 to Soldier could go by this point as I don’t see any Physical builds using it now, even if you slap on a Beronath Reforged the lack of +% Physical and Physical->Fire conversion on it would be too much of a detriment.

Erulan is of course a good shield for tanky bulds, but some range builds like warlord/paladin for example needs some support. What if we grant +3 to Safeguard to the shield to support these builds? I don’t think this change will make range builds OP. On the other hand +3 to Safeguard matches tematicly shield tanky builds. :slight_smile:

That’d be great. It’s sometimes hard to sell Zantai suggestions on items that are at least fine enough for some builds. But safeguard on Erulan would be welcomed!

Judgment of Empyrion has good stats now but lacking power in it’s grand skill sun spot. I wouldn’t mind having its base stats toned down a bit if that’s what would be required for him to make the skill pretty good.

Hello everyone! Small feedback on Farath’'s Cube: it is VERY MUCH need cast speed, it’s really essential to this offhand. Set Cast speed is not much of a problem in the presence of Arcanist, but if the Arcanist is not - you will suffer trying to squeeze every penny cast speed. And all anything, yet blessed by Random slips to your Crucible or SR run Voidmarked mutator and then your cast speed obtained with such difficulty flies in the tube.:frowning_face:

3 Likes

I am really interested for which build Farrath’s cube cast speed can help without Arcanist? Only build I can think of is cold FoI Infiltrator. Haven’t play it, but is it difficult to cap the cast speed with Mageslayer and Pneumatic burst?