Shockwave apparance skill change?

Hi. I was just wondering if it’s possible to “cut” the ground slam look from Patch of Grim Dawn mod and “paste” it into the base game ? for shockwave skill ofc

I think it may be possible but it depends.
Do you mean Forcewave? I’m always up for modding it:

Elemental and Fire Forcewaves

yea mb i mean Forcewave an yes I’ve seen this mod anyway but I’d prefer something more resembling physical damage like the sunder/EQ/ground slam from PoE and the patch of grim dawn already has that look uploaded

I’ll try to do it. I’ve been looking for a new effect for Physical Forcewave.
Tremor has incresting look but it’s a projectile not a wave so it’s not a straightforward change.

Anyway. I’ll look into new effects in this mod. I’ve checked D3 classes mod for new effects recently that can be used in main game.

1 Like

I’m done. I didn’t actually use any stuff from POGD.
Doesn’t look precisely like there but I think the effect is good enough vs time investment.
I also changed the sound because the default one is annoying.
This is how it looks now:

20210310204620_1

Replace your

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database\database.arz

with this file if you’d like to try it out
(rename it to database.arz)

https://mega.nz/file/EZk2Eb7Q#vm-1WefVptTn7QysZDMbUIiSDzo7c88oO4q7Mvq_GPk

PS I’m also Pavel (well Paweł to be precise)

1 Like

I’ve remade this for 1.1.9.1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\database\database.arz

replace with the same file from this archieve

https://mega.nz/file/FV90mASJ#QwKN3v9wP_dBczWHeM3ScA1bAHdJmpdt6IyDqk2RAwk

Could be a little bit different due to graphical settings but

• there should be these these stony spikes

• there should be this brown dust

• there shouldn’t be the yellow ground light from original FW

• sound should be nicer not this original robotic one

1 Like

yo @tqFan mate u are still here ? XD i’d like to back to the game and i want to still play forcewave, can i use this file fith 1.1.9.7 version ? ty

Hey, no it’s not compatible with 1.1.9.7 but I have actually already remade it for a new patch and have now a better way of hard-modding this. I will write the details and upload the file tomorrow (I’ll also compare it with the above one)

This new way of hardmodding makes it so that it’s not overwritten by updates and also works after the game’s updated. And you can choose to not play the hardmod (and even some other one). The mod only needs to be updated if there are some changes to Forcewave skill. Not sure if it’s 100% as it was before.

Instruction
  • unpack database.zip (3.8 KB)

• put database.arz in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods

• make a shortcut to Grim Dawn .exe you’re using (Grim Dawn.exe, x64/Grim Dawn exe, Grim Internals.exe)

• add /basemods in properties/target/shortcut of this shortcut so that the target entry looks like this for example

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\x64\Grim Dawn.exe" /basemods
  • run the game from the shortcut if you want to run with the mod

2 Likes