Should we add acid RR to necromancers?

Given the nerfs which have hit the binder hard, it seems that the necromancer only sees action when paired with the:

• Soldier
  • OK
  • Occultist
  • Shaman

Item sets also support masteries like:

• Inquisitor (radaggan’s, decree of malmouth, bonemonger’s)

In other words, the reaper is more or less obsolete outside the demonslayer set, a set which is also better used on the witchhunter.

I suggest adding acid RR to ill omen.

This would make things like acid based RE and reapers far more common place.

P.S:

1. For the life of me I still don’t understand the pierce to vit conversion on deathguard set.

2. Just wanted to point out that the “pre-aether/cold-conversion-on-starpact-binder” was IMO less synergistic than the warlord.

So…:rolleyes:

Taking in account that Necromancer has a toxic pet and venomous as fuck ground-blob and only two modifiers and one skill that supports aether, it should have acid RR as it randomly supports aether anyway with its RR. Acid Ravenous Earth sees no love because it’s easier to convert it to vitality and pair with Occultist, for quite a nice amount of vitality RR, while doing the same with Acid doesn’t really provide much. 95% acid RR is what I managed to get on a Necromancer/Nightblade, with Deathstalker, so 85% if you don’t pick that relic, and the same values would be for an Occultist/Necromancer, so I’d say Necro needs some kind of acid RR, even in a set, not particularly in skill tree, to be even seen to acid builds.

Also, I feel like Necromancer is starting to become one of the weakest masteries now.

Yup. Now imagine this…THE DEFILER.

:rolleyes:

But bck to the point, I actually think that having acid RR on ill omen is the way to go because it makes it harder to run a dual damage class (i.e. acid/vit).

In it’s current iteration, outside the classic vitality-based builds, necromancers will only really see picks for their:
> Pets
> Phys RR
> Aether RR/Aether DE
> Can’t really comment on cold DE

+1

#BuffPets2019

Okay, Necromancers don’t need acid RR. End of topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

GET OUT OF MY SWAMP MAYA :stuck_out_tongue:

If acid RR is added then I’d like to see cold RR added as well.

Would be really “cool” to see a cold reaper using SS with soulrend or AA beronath’s fury with combined nightblade/necromancer WPS.

I think cold is too much. Soul harvest gives so much flat damage to as it is. Would make the soulrend reaper too powerful.

On the same note, how about giving Nightblade some vitality RR on Veil of Shadow?

Yes please. Make PB viable in SR.

yes

10/char

P.S:

1. For the life of me I still don’t understand the pierce to vit conversion on deathguard set.

I brought it up…again during testing, i had made a big thread about it before. Pleaded for acid conversion again. All we got was some more flat acid and a bit extra crit on daggers

Why Blood Knight gets all the right conversions and this one does not is beyond me

No, acid ravenous earth becomes too op in that case
Disagree

You know that the acid RR does not have to be of a high value? Surely it can be tweaked.

As it is now, acid RE is shit

+1. so I can finally have motivation to play this foul stinking class:p

Yep. I think acid RR would go well. Deathguard reaper is bizarre (I don’t get the pierce to vit on BH either) and acid RE is indeed bad. Would be cool seeing some acid Cabalist become a thing as well.

I feel like disagreeing with your disagreement. And like acid RE would still be weaker than classic vit. But first I wanna ask you why you think so?

Leafmane offhand. Converts 100% vit to acid, gives flat damage, and adds CDR.

> Helm - adds more flat damage.
> Gloves - more flat damage.
> Conduit - more flat damage
> Pandemic - more flat damage

I’ve actually made a hybrid DG reaper which used seal of shadows - it’s not the best, but it did clear 170 with 4 buffs.

EDIT: Needed GG-rolled offhand though

:cry:

No, I am going to bathe in your swamp!

Wait…

Off Topic AF but Spanky your message inbox is full so I cant spam you anymore :confused:

I think Necro could use some Acid RR for sure. Right now Acid is one of the weakest damage types, won’t hurt to buff it.