Should we add acid RR to necromancers?

Necro is also in a very, very bad state now.

Yes, #BuffPets2019! :stuck_out_tongue:

Are necros actually weak in terms of pet builds though?

No idea as the only Necro pet build I have played so far after FG rolled out is my Ghost & Birds Cabalist. It could be the Birbs carrying the build.

What makes mantle of lost souls so shite?

I wouldn’t say that it is bad (if we are talking about the shoulder in specific). But you’d often find FiendFlesh Mantle to be a better choice if you are specifically looking for Chaos/Aether res for pets.

What? Since when is PB not viable in SR?

Have you tried deep shard runs with PB?

EDIT: Might be a flaw in my piloting style, or my theorycraft. But I struggle with not getting one-shotted. The sustain is fine, it’s just the occasional soul-crushing, life-snuffing smacks which really cooks my goose.

If Necro got acid RR, Ghol Cabalists would be ridiculously OP.

How OP are we talking here? Like 4 min crucible OP?

You could always remove the acid RR on ghol. It’s not fair for most class combinations with the necro to suffer because of 1 item set.

Ditto for the comment about acid RE being OP. Just lower the flat damage values on item modifiers accordingly.

We can do the reverse - buff flat damage values for acid/poison necro skills and/or relevant items if they need it. Makes more sense to go that way to me.

Why’s that?

Because the game is already overly reliant in resistance reduction and this need to be toned down. This is the reason why some class combos can’t compete with others, they have way less RR.

Because you can balance skills/builds around having access to only one source of RR that comes from outside mastery.

Anyway, let’s say Ill Omen gets up to -30% acid RR right now. Which builds would become a thing?

I’d remake the ASSReaper and it’d be a little less ass.

If I remember correctly, it’s a build based on melee aspect of Deathguard set. Won’t it make sense to just improve Deathguard set then?

Now that I think about it, if we had each mastery tied to one particular RR type, the game would lose some damage and annihilate some super strong builds. At this point some skills would need some massive changes, but it’d be fun and would kind of balance some classes.

Shaman = Lightning RR,
Demolitionist = Fire RR,
Nightblade = Cold RR,
Soldier = Bleeding RR,
Arcanist = Aether RR,
Occultist = Chaos&Acid RR,
Necromancer = Vitality RR,
Inquisitor = Pierce RR,
Oathkeeper = Physical RR

Now, you’d say “this way some or most builds would be unplayable” - so we can apply some Scion of Dreeg to -x% RR. RR could be convertable (maybe by skill modifiers only?), so we still could play, e.g. Shaman/Demolitionist and have converted 100% lightning to physical, giving us physical RR instead of lightning. This would tone down some builds and, maybe, make theorycrafting/the game more interesting.

This kinda sounds like a nice idea for a mod, tbh.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster, in my opinion. Would require a lot of rebalancing and stuff to pull it off. Even then, pretty much every single build we have atm would have to be changed.

Not really. If some sets/items would have conversion for that particular RR, nothing would change at all. The game is already full about skill modifiers, so this would not affect the game as much. But then again, rather sounds nicely for a mod instead of implementing it to the actual game.