Single target prefix for AAR with added damage

Hello everyone!

While looking at all the fast solo kills of many other builds on this forum or youtube, I am getting jealous.
Arcanists don’t have a single option for dedicated single target damage, they always “sacrifice” part of the damage for AOE capability. Another prefix for Conduit could solve this problem by taking the pierce ability and adjust total damage to AAR.

Many dear greetings

Example performance:

Nery has an impressive 3000% to Aether damage with Spellbinder. It takes him a lot longer than many other recent specs to deal with Ravager.

I would say that AAR is too nerfed and FoI feels much better now

1 Like

But video contains two fights with Ravager :grimacing:.
By the way, AAR has so much space for nerfs. It is too powerful still. Maybe, reduce its range? :thinking:

But how do you get to that conclusion? I haven’t found a single thing in which any AAR performs best. Most of the things it performs either in the mid range or below, except maybe crucible, where it performs “good”.

Is this even mechanically possible to change a skill on a fly that much? By the way, I know AAR didn’t have pierce some time ago.

Yes, but that was a rather pityful skill back then. Because neither it had AOE nor it had good DPS :smiley: And neither it had ADCtH, as far as I remember.

No, at least it’s not available to modders.

If I was a dev and was asked to add some item to boost single target damage of Arcanist I would make an item that that would reduce AoE and cooldown of Devastation. Or given how many mods like that are already in the game and how Devastation is already kinda considered to be not worth it without mods I’d simply change Devastation baseline and cut the number of mods.

1 Like

Then buff AAR, such a weak spell!

Is there an alternative? :slight_smile:

A mod like that would suck since AAR was exactly like that for years and people complained that it was too weak, and most likely would still kill single targets slower than other dedicated single target skills.

Not every skill is meant to kill single targets fast, they are good at something else instead.

What is the point of Ghoul here since there is no weapon damage on AAR?

Proc also gives phys res

Ravager is 100% the best and only benchmark in this game and all builds should be compared against it forever

4 Likes

Never said that. You may compare to other benchmarks as well, and find me a good [1.1.9.0] performance of any AAR build :slight_smile:

If you had said it I would have quoted you. I’m saying it

1 Like

Fine, if that is your opinion, then you’ll find a lot of people who will contradict you on this opinion.
But to me, it read like you were making fun of an opinion that was supposedly mine, which is not the case.

I can’t do anything about a guilty conscience, only benchmark determinations

1 Like

It seems you read my profile, and are trying to trigger me now with your trolling? Forget it.

This thread again!

…again!

It is not.