Single target prefix for AAR with added damage

Buff Clairvoyant then.
Clairvoyant has zero AAR bonuses except skill points.
Ok, it has fumble - seriously?
Lightning to Vitality - probably it is needed for Vitality AAR builds so it’s there to stay.

1 Like

Sure. I’m not opposed of that in any way. Clairvoyant is currently the worst option for Aether AAR

2 Likes

What are the non-set Aether AAR versions now? Cannot find any. Appreciate if you can share.

The best/most versatile non-set AAR builds that I know of are the Lightning AAR by RektByProtoss on the forums (just search for him, he’s got a build list), and the “Behemoth” by grey-maybe and mad lee.

I personally tried many other non-set AAR builds - pure Aether, pure Cold, pure Vitality, pure Chaos… They all suffered from poor support and too many restrictions imo. The build banana peel posted seems to be pretty good offensively, but his defenses seem to be lacking, which is also apparent when having a look at his video. I guess that’s part of the game when you try to push for low Crucible times.

Anyways, this thread was about the single target mod <3 It’s not about how good/bad AAR is.

Can’t really remember the itemizations and I’m not in the mood to dig but iirc it uses zero clair pieces probably the scepter and just put in every item that supports aether AAR that isn’t clair.

I imagine it’s clair wand, fleshwarped tome, essence ammy, then some conversion to convert the lightning.

I thought it was clear that single target mod won’t happen. Either this thread gets closed or we continue to be off topic.

Nothing is ever clear. Maybe another person has to add something that noone before him considered.

You sound like someone who won’t give up until Zantai himself comes to say no.

Arguments against single target mod:

1. AAR was originally single target and it sucked even with the better damage.

2. People literally asked Crate to make it AoE. Why tf would they do more work to make something that was hated by the community?

3. Single target AAR will only be useful against one enemy: Ravager. It’s better for every other boss that doesn’t spawn adds but getting to those areas will become significantly slower because you’re sacrificing your entire aoe arsenal. Ravager is the only boss you can walk towards from a portal without encountering other enemies. And target dummy.

4. It doesn’t add anything meaningful to the conduit pool. Yes, the weapon damage mod is also useless atm but at least it doesn’t make the skill more boring. Any other conversion would’ve been better.

Arguments for single target mod:

1. R A V A G E R
4 Likes

And you sound like a person who wants me to say that you are right just for the sake of me saying you are right.

I am still open to other arguments, that’s all. All arguments are welcome! :slight_smile:

I didn’t really want you to say anything about me being right. I just said things that have already been said for both sides while also adding my opinions (3rd and 4th point). In fact, I’d love it for you to put in more arguments in favor of the suggested mod, at least to convince Crate since I haven’t seen support for the suggestion, only opposition.

Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if Crate buffs AAR skill in general cause that’s more of what’s being said by many replies.

1 Like

You didn’t even list that it isn’t possible smh my head.

Referring to the idea of a skillmod removing the pierce, for the record.

I mean, people said that it might be not possible to change the skill back to single target mode on the fly via a modification, but I personally found the idea of a short range AAR pretty cool (edit: if THAT was possible, which I don’t know). It might not even be about Ravager/Dummy/Single target fights or stuff like that, but it would enable a different playstyle, too :slight_smile:

This is all assuming it’s possible cause it’s apparently not clear for him that it won’t happen as what’s said above.

Now tell me how AAR with no piercing is different than the piercing one, aside from the piercing itself. Because it’s all the same. You stand, cast your lasers and watch people die. Unless you count enemies dying slower as a different playstyle then it’s the same. I’m saying this as someone who has played both forms of AAR.

But why then are there the Flames or Drain Essence? It’s the EXACT same thing, just that it looks a bit different.

Also, I tried to shift already to the short range mode, as apparently the single target mode is not possible. And I thought it was a better idea than my original one.

A flamethrower isn’t even a beam. Even more so with DE where the skill sucks life out of enemies instead of shooting stuff at them. But yes the gameplay is exactly the same. It’s still more difference than laser that pierces vs laser that doesn’t pierce tho.

What’s the difference? Well except looks it’s that those two skills are built diffently than AAR. FoI is more intended to be for weapon damage stackers with the abundance of weapon damage mods and the fact that most of FoI damage aside from WD is dot which kinda doesn’t make sense. DE on the other hand isn’t a speed skill and is intended for people who wanna stay safe all the time. I have never seen a DE build that kills as fast as the equivalent AAR build (no, retal DE doesn’t have an equivalent AAR build) and that’s fair. DE hits on a 360 degree arc too.

Why do we have savagery when we have righteaous fervor and cadence and …

I did play the game since AAR didnt have pierce through. And yes, thats before every dam nerfs (flat dam, % dam, crit dam etc) to AAR- but it was such a horrible experience. If someone want a conduit or item with single mod but bigger dam to AAR, well i guess no one can stop your dream, but we have a lot of meme conduit to fix or should get more support (like acid Devastation) other than adding a new meme conduit no one will use- except for killing Ravager faster.

2 Likes

That answer goes to x1x1x1x2, as I was answering him. Please read the whole thing before you cherry pick single statements of me.

Do you know how an open forum works? People can reply to whomever and whatever they want.

In all fairness I just have to note that his ‘cherry pick’ came out of a grand total of…

…4 sentences. None of the others which in anyway contradicted or nullified his “cherry pick”.

And he’s right. This is an open forum and if you can’t handle having your statements addressed from multiple people then you might want to consider not making them.

1 Like

As you are literally NEVER contributing something meaningful, I am ignoring you now. The rest may continue actually contributing something :slight_smile: