Skelly Stance Selector

I believe you, but it’s not like every player will unpack the game files and will try to decypher what does what. So I did a very simple test that everyone can do, and it showed no significant difference, if any.

I’ve this question being brought up a few times, but since Crate didn’t “fix” it until now, then there’s probably no “problem” to begin with.

Just because something hasn’t been done before, doesn’t mean that something can’t or shouldn’t be done now.

2 Likes

Then why wouldn’t they fix it already if it’s that simple as to change a couple of numbers? AoM came out like 3+ years ago, although I wouldn’t know how skeletons were back then.

I changed a few numbers which causes them to change to aggressive permanently (provided I modded it right).
Not sure what it takes / is it feasible to make a selector so that you can choose the behavior on the fly.

Similar with some small visual mods I make - not really suitable for normal game because they for example change basic Forcewave look as a side effect when I just want to change Elemental visual.

1 Like

Because fix implies something broken. This is not a bug.

If you want something a bit similar, Necromancer pets behave differently regarding their summoning compared to Occultist/Shaman ones. Like if you press the button to summon Hound while running, it won’t make you pause while the pet is summoned. But with say, Blightfiend, your char will stop moving, summon the pet and then resume moving.

Forcewave was ingame since the base game. But dmg conversions giving it different tints/effects came only recently.

2 Likes

This. Crate want the skeletons to behave the way they do, otherwise they would have “fixed” it. It’s a design decision.

Hm, Hellhound being an underwhelming pet also wasn’t a bug, but with some previous patches they tried to fix / improve that. So if they wanted skeletons to have stupidly obnoxious long range they’d probably do so taking player’s pleas into account.

But I dunno, maybe I’m just playing wrong and don’t notice there’s some kind of issue. Maybe I should kill Ravager standing at Barrowholm entrance or something like that.

You are comparing balance changes that take into account pet stats to design changes like leash range.

Do you believe that pets on aggressive stance have “obnoxious long range”?

That would be about changing Ravager’s leash range.

You know, I actually forgot to mention the main thing regarding skeletons not having a “pet bar”. Notice how with two Hellhounds/Blightfiends/Briarthorns you get separate bar for each. So it didn’t come to anyone’s mind that having 10+ for each skeleton would obstruct the view a bit? =)

1 Like

No one said you need them on individual bars. But even then, just changing the default stance to aggressive without giving them pet bars will do the same job.

Well, I think the problem is in how the game handles this kind of thing - each summon of that type has its own bar. That’s probably the reason skellies don’t have it in the first place. A somewhat similar case was also in Diablo 2 - you could only see the health bar of a skeleton if only one of them is summoned.

As for default aggressive stance I think it was settled that Crate would’ve done that a long time ago if they would deem it necessary. But those guys never fail to surprise us (both ways XD), so color me impressed if they change that in 1.1.9.2.

1 Like

How about one health bar with the total health of your (say) 10 skellies? To me this doesn’t matter, I just want the skellies to not be standing next to me idle while my blightfiend is hitting the boss!!

1 Like

Only the devs can answer whether there are any technical limitations to having a single portrait for all your Skeletons. This is not the Diablo 2 engine, so that should not create any issues :wink:

See the example where they added different tints and particle effects for skills when you convert their damage. They could have also done that a long time ago, but they did it when they did it and not a moment sooner.

So, the point you are trying to make with that is irrelevant.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone suggest giving each individual skeleton its own picture and bar. Optimally, you’d stack the melee skellies, the mage skellies, and the heavy skellies each into their own pic with their own aggro/normal/defensive setting.

1 Like

Maybe you should re-read what I said about other pets that can get 2 summon limit, then. Their bars don’t stack, so why it should be different for skeletons? If Crate makes that change in 1.1.9.2 - hell, sometime in the future - good for you then!

Those pets “can” get multiple summons but they’re not designed that way at the outset. It stands to reason non-mass pets would get their own portraits and health bars.

None of that applies to skeletons.

How about a single bar which has the total health of the existing skeletons PLUS a total skeleton number in a circle or something … So if you summon six and one dies while the other five are untouched the bar is at full health. Then when you hit summon again and you now have 11 skeletons the bar remains at full health. That way you would know whether to “refresh” your existing skellies but the mechanic is not too difficult to implement or understand.

Either way, don’t care. Just want to be able to kill that queen in the royal hive without having to run right next to the b1tch to get the skellies to attack haha

It’s actually easy to make their Status Widgets (that’s how they called in the files) show:

One would also need to

• add icons for them
  • copy aggressive / defensive controllers from other pets

There are too many of them though as it was mentioned. But maybe someone would like some other pet to have this widget, i.e. Guardians of Empyrion with aggressive / defensive behavior

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.