Small Suggestions for Skill Learning and Visual Cues...also...Auto Stack?

I’ve been thinking about this for a while but when putting points into skills I often find myself confused as to what the skill might actually do or look like. This is especially true for passive skills and even more complicated when the skill gets triggered and im unsure if it was the actual skill or one of my other add on components or bonuses from gear, constellations, etc. A lot of the skill writing is vague and Im confused much of the time as to what it might actually do. Sure, I can put skill points into it and then test it out if I think I can and then go back to the spirit guide and pay to redistribute those points but I think it would be more helpful to maybe create short possible animation or video clips of what the skill looks like and have it be played during skill selection. It could even show what it looked like maxed and at base level so as to give the player more control and identity for future possible builds. kinda like D3 did. This would indeed be very helpful and remove much of my confusion and a bit of distaste for the game as I feel like many of my builds are done blind unless I have the IQ and time to delve deep into the engine of the game and as it is the game is my most played on steam and I don’t know if i have the extra time always to delve deep into online tomes and build videos. I know not every skill has an animation or a visual cue but this could be addressed with a more clear written overview. I understand a lot of grim dawn is based on experimentation but this would help clear up much of the questioning. I also think it would help create a better product. Another thing I noticed after the latest patch kinda on the side here is that the auto stack function has been removed from the inventory menu. At first I thought because items would autostack themselves but I think its bugged as I have to stack completed components and other stackables back on top of each other manually. Is this a bug? I hope so. Its kinda a time waster to play inventory tetris again. I love this game and I love what the team has built thus far. Even after months of putting it down and then coming back I really get into it all over again. I look forward to more expansions and see the world more filled out as much as possible. I can’t get enough. Thanks for all that you do!

Auto combine for components was removed in 1.1.6.0. You may need to take some single components back into your inventory and then click on them again for them to stack properly, but only for the one time. To stack items from your inventory into either the personal or transfer stash works as it always has: open, the relevant stash page, hold left-shift and left click on the item in your inventory to make it transfer. Items in the inventory bags should auto stack.

There will be no more expansions for the game, though there are a few more small content updates to come. Crate are focusing their attention on new projects they’re working on. A town builder which Medierra has been working on for a few years now.

And a couple of other projects which Grava and Zantai are spearheading.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.