Small Update 10/27/17

Just a small update pushed to Steam today that addresses missing expansion features in the Crucible.

Mainly the missing Illusionist NPC and not being able to purchase up to 55 Devotion Points.

The files were part of the expansion release (and GOG users had them), but they did not get pushed out properly on Steam for some reason. That is now resolved.

A larger patch is coming in the near future that will address other reported issues and include balance tweaks.

Well, keep up the good work!

Other dev houses should pay attention…

is one of those issues the missing roguelike?

*Also i’d love it if one of these days you guys make balance changes that make pistol, rifle, 2-hand melee, caster, or sword and shield as viable as DW. Check the build forums, EVERYTHING melee is DW. It shouldn’t be vastly superior to 2H or s/s, we need some buffs. not just expansion nerfs =’(

dont think the new dungeon will be out with the next patch, valbury was tested by those with access for 3-4 weeks till release

disappointing, since it was billed as part of the expansion right up until release.

I dont blame them. Too bad they arent able to capitalize even more the expansion because of the lacking sense of urgency. Sometimes they treat their game like Dark Souls and not an arpg/hack n slash which is more about builds and loots and not story.

But we wish they could work faster, especially this time after a realease with problems/missing things.
Two weeks in the expansion, months of testing…

Maybe the need more testers.
Maybe they need to launch beta patches for players wanting to opt in (Paradox is doing this with some of their games like Stellaris).

I suspect part of the Crate team is already working on a new game (kickstarter announcement soon?)

I have to respectfully disagree. Grim Dawn is great in no small parts because of it setting, lore and story. There are many grind and loot ARPGs nowadays, but Grim Dawn is compelling because of its mood and atmosphere.

Not to mention GD has more or at least equal amounts of builds and loot…

Might I ask, how many tribute points does it cost to purchase the devotion points from 51-55? I know the last tier from 41-50 Devotion Points costed 30 tribute points.

I would love to update my guide with this information :wink:

Disappointed that we got a regular human instead of some kind of undead fashionista. :rolleyes:

Cheers. :slight_smile:

Every major patch/release had only ever received 2-3 hotfixes, max. The expac is looking no different now. I’d say that having made the decision to work with what is essentially a small pool of testers (who are doing this free) that they’ve come out ahead on the deal with a large majority of bugs squashed. Better than many Triple A’s manage at any rate.

There is nothing to suspect we’ve known of it for a while now. Wouldn’t be surprised if their last 3 hires were brought on for that purpose.

I don’t think they are doing a KS this time tho. I think they made enough money with GD (and now the expac) to fund it themselves.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Cheers, but no update yet on steam here.

After a couple more xpaks this regular human will farm Korvaak, Empyrion and Chthon, not even mentioning small fries like the Three, Mogdrogen and Ravager :rolleyes:

Generally Sword n Board Cadence > 2h Cadence > DW cadence
2h Rifle Cadence > DW pistol cadence
2h Savagery > DW savagery
2h Firestrike and DW firestrike depend on your class choice
2h Bleed and SnB bleed both have big upsides, DW bleed is eh

I do agree that a fair number of spells are still lackluster. Totem elementalist and Meteor Sorc are the only amazing ones I’ve seen so far and they were here before xpac, new item support just improved them.

I don’t believe S/B cadence is better than the other two, if that were true you wouldn’t see 90% of the builds posted be DW. There used to be a lot of melee diversity in the posted builds now it’s just sad.

Also a little tired of cadence being so FOTM. We need viable melee alternatives. It’s not that cadence is OP it’s that things like savagery and primal strike can’t compete.

Cheers for the communication. Love what you guys are doing, keep up the good work!

Most of the dual wield builds that are posted on this site have:
a)bis gear that gives tons of health + resist and other defenses that make it possible to have a more offensive build
b)a focus on clearing speed over survivability

The dps gain of dual wield cadence when compared to s&b is far smaller then the amount of defenses you lose in return.
It would be quite unbalanced if a S&B could deal comparable damage to dual wield.
Franky I feel that the DPS of number of S&B builds (like cadence witchblade and tactician) are already too high.

Generally the SnB builds you see are tuned to farm crucible. It’s possible to skew a SnB build much more offensively than you tend to see them presented around here. One thing to remember with cadence is that the third hit only boosts your mainhand, dual wielders just get a small chance at swinging their offhand during cadence proc for another 100% weapon damage.

Savagery is doing great right now, the buffs to shaman make it a nice option for both sustained damage and DoT based builds. You just don’t see much of it because.
A. People are obsessing over DW purifier instead of thinking about 2h Vindicator
B. The people who gravitate towards melee don’t always like summoned supports, which hurts the popularity of elementalist (mines, wind devils, storm totem)
C. nobody has posted the silly Aether Primal Strike VoS build yet.

the aether love has not gone unnoticed… i’ve been curious about that, problem is GD is still a game where every decent toon is SOLDIER + [pick a class]

and i don’t think that’s because soldier is OP anymore, it’s had quite a few balance tweaks, but GD ultimate requires a lot of defense and that’s not easy to get without soldier.

A thing i might add in the “defense” of DW (lol, like i have to defend it :)) is that DW have much more frequent Cadence hits, not only because it has naturally higher attack speed, but because when it hits with both hands (by chance) on a regular attack it counts as 2 consecutive hits regarding charging up Cadence AFAIK.