Smoker fish-meat balance necessary for what?

Is there any practical use case for the smoker to disable one type of input food?
Right now i see there can be set ratio how much fish or meat to use.
In reality i think even if there is any use case for this - a simple checkbox what to prefer would be enough.
So if fish is set as priority for smoker, it should take fish if there is any, but also any other meat if there is no fish.

I think there is sometimes, because when smokehouse workers try to keep the ratio 1:1 they will sometimes take a long walk to fetch meat or fish, even though the other resource is still available.

So, for a smoker near a few fishing huts it could make sense to limit him to fish, so that he doesn’t try to get meat elsewhere.

I understand, that this ratio system is OK for bows and arrows where you actually need them both, but depending the arrow usage, want to keep steady supply of both. With the meat i think they should always take it from-to the nearest fisher-smoker and if there is no fish - why not go a bit further away to help with meat? Why should i control the fish-meat smoking ratio if all of it should get smoked anyway as efficiently as possible.