So, how to nerf them warlords

No intro. Just get down to it.

1. lose some of the armor
  • Field Command should softcap with 20-25% armor with the rest attainable in ultimate ranks where other classes go anyway for oa/da (and warlords don’t have to cause oa is there in PoV and Ascension, and da… it’s raining da for warlords wherever they go)

• Safeguard should receive some trimming. Thickness of its bonuses should migrate up to higher ranks (similarly to Field command) which will mostly affect the strongest warlords that is IT and retal. Might also affect oppressors, though…

• Hard to say what to do with Fervor not to hurt other oathkeeper classes. Maybe move some of the armor to the transmuter?

1. Overguard
  • Its dependability should be more contingent on the trasmuter. Increasing its total cooldown while buffing the transmuter is, I think, the way to go about it.

• Warlords in order to achieve their current levels of consistent tankability should be forced to choose stuff like Menhir relic. Not Doom for offensive power or Cerenity for building convenience

1. Aegis of Menhir is too powerful.
  • Octavius got a silly nerf to Aegis cdr which only affected how often it crits and slightly decreased the chance to stack high ticks quickly.

• Weapon damage should be looked at instead. Either nerfing the numbers for all or taking away some skill bonuses from the strongest Aegis builds. Or both. I consider the fact that it was S&B that got the strongest nuke in the game one of the biggest balance design blunders in the history of GD.

1. The hell and below should be buffed out of non-physical shields.

Looking forward to comments with some other ideas.

I guess you’ll be happy then?

Or unhappy depending on your point of view.

Neutral?

I basically think that the problem is Oathkeeper, but here I will talk about soldiers.

(1)
-I propose to replace something from Veterancy with Field Command +% Armor. Since WL basically lacks Skill points, separating +% Armor naturally suppresses the amount of +% Armor.

-I do not know about safe gurad. Since I do not emphasize this skill, I have never acquired more than 1p.

(2)
I think the problem with overguard is that Retal is not penalized by Markovian’s Defense. Markovian’s Defense should have -% Retal added. Other statistics do not seem to be a problem.

Other than that, I have no alternative. After seeing Crate’s balance correction, I will re-speak.

Yes,hard to nerf Warlords,without destroying weaker combos.And you’re proposing nerfs to your build:D,If I scream screw Aegis I will gimp my Shirldbreaker!Overguard proposal sounds reasonable.Soldiers gives defensive part and Ok,offensive for shield users.Is good to change scaling to some skills,cause WL is point hungry,also reduce skill bonuses on sets.Octavius for instance,combine with Pummeler means God mode for both Aegis and Forcewave,that’s absurd!Also retaliation added to attack is too strong,reduce it.

The easiest way would just be to nerf octavius and phys retaliation without touching the classes. Before FG no one complained about soldiers aside from it being boring. Now, no one complains about oathkeepers aside from warlords (and oppressor zucc but that’s just one Op item). Nerfing the classes themselves hits all soldier and OK combos. This isn’t like the case of inq where seal+censure carried everyone.

I don’t have an opinion about aegis cause I didn’t use it much due to clunkiness, but on the defensive side it would suck if it’s nerfed.

Nerfing octavius (the aegis part. You guys can just remove it completely) and retal, on the other hand only affects warlord (and to a lesser extent paladin on octavius and warder on retal) but that’s less buffs you need to do in order to rebalance the game rather than the countless things to fix due to all the soldiers and oathkeepers being worse.

I’m a player actually talking about nerfs while 99% feedback threads are requests for buffs. I’m as emotionally unbiased as it gets.

Then Veterancy at 1p will be a norm. Many classes lack points.

-I do not know about safe gurad. Since I do not emphasize this skill, I have never acquired more than 1p.

Even as a one pointer it gives a lot of armor.

I think the problem with overguard is that Retal is not penalized by Markovian’s Defense. Markovian’s Defense should have -% Retal added. Other statistics do not seem to be a problem.

That’s correct. I overlooked that. Since stacking total dmg bonuses isn’t an issue, total dmg penalties should apply to retal as well now that it’s such a powerful mechanic. And then go with my op suggestion. :slight_smile:

Slap anything on a warlord, Warborn, Markovian, etc. and it’s gonna be op. The problem is the masteries.

How about having cap for retaliation damage, and only other masteries besides soldier and oathkeeper have access to increase that cap, from item skills or mastery skills.

How OP does it get with warborn or markovian tho? The only non octavius, non retal I’ve seen was Kmk’s warborn and while he did show that it can do everything (naked cruci, sr, calla) I don’t see anything that’s OP with that, especially the cruci timer. 15 mins on sands with lag is probably around 10mins on dead without lag. Can you make it faster? Sure, but it will mean you lose on other areas, like calla or sr consistency. I have yet to see another warlord except retal or octavius that’s head and shoulders above everyone else.

Did you see my remake of that build in the comments?

You just made me dig up that thread, didn’t you?

I highly doubt nerfing masteries would do anything here. It’s all about the items, which give characters enormous power. The more Soldier-based items will buff armor, the stronger he’ll be, and Field Command was never an issue. Soldier was designed to be tanky, if the armor value will be lowered, well, why not just replace it instead? Also, let’s not kid ourselves, warlords in general are not OP or anything, physical retaliation is. The only thing aside of retaliation warlord that is too strong is Octavius, and that’s it. Nerfing all Warlords just like that is like reducing Devastation’s cooldown to 5 seconds because the skill looks cool.

I’m just saying… I didn’t really test it except the celestials (this was the op focus) but it felt like it could do crucible in pretty decent times (don’t forget we’re talking about NAKED crucible that only a few builds could do in 7.1 and only with somewhat experienced piloting; and now anyone can do it with any warlord). That on top of being able to facetank any celestial including Mog (!) without tweaks.

Just saying that Warborn is strong on warlords. Anything is strong on warlords. So it’s only logical to assume that the synergy between the masteries is the culprit.

Anything is strong on warlords.

coughs politely

I think both Bleeding Warlords I made are “okay”…“strong” needed to be tested, but I doubt it.

so basically, move some of that physical retaliation to lightning, (Return Warders to their former glory), shave off some RTA from the skills that are used, and kill off the stacking physical RR from celestial presence, and you have put a stop to the warlord clearspeed, improved mastery balance, and differentiated tanky warlords from damaging builds. Looks simple enough to me.

Can you elaborate? Just as with Wind Devil rr, the two guardians celestial prescence rr do not stack with each other so what do you mean? (also nerfing physical rr from celestial presence will hit hard on physical oppressors )

He probably meant to change -x% to x reduced or x% reduced.

ok, he meant “stackable”

Will still hit physical oppressors hard.

we could do that, since it’ll hurt oppressors a little less, or worst case, tweak the celestial presence physical -rr% to be in line with Curse of Frailty’s -25% at max rank, -35% at ultimate rank (which phys witchblades need to cast, interrupting their damage spree UNLIKE the passive property of celestial presence.), instead of -35% at max rank, -45% at max ultimate rank.

and yes, I know they don’t stack between guardians, the same reason two curses of frailty don’t stack. They are literally the same buff. (petskill_celestialguardian_celestialwrath1_buff)

Here are some interesting verification videos.

1. [li]Retal WL vs Ravager of Souls 1m15sec[/li]Retal WL(doping) vs Ravager of Souls 55sec
    grim tools

[li]Retal Paladin(doping) vs Ravager of Souls 55sec[/li]grim tools

[li]EoR Archon(doping) vs Ravager of Souls *lose[/li]grim tools
  2. Retal DE Oppressor(doping) vs Ravager of Souls 1m45sec
  3. Retal DE DK(doping) vs Ravager of Souls *lose

1 to 3 were presented in the Japanese community. I have not tried anything other than 4,5.
There is no dedicated setup.The Opp and DK battled unchanged with the SR specifications.
These results, but might not be appropriate as a basis for examination, it will be in one of the guidelines.
I have not tried in other builds that are considered OP. Can somebody try and record?

How can those videos be verification?

1. it is in chinease

2. can be a modded game