Soldier with some Pet Bonuses? What do you think?

As the title says, Soldier could be added as a class wich has Pet Bonuses. The class identity harmonizes pretty well with the concept of being a general who leads an army. Even the name of the skills fit very well. Obvious ideas pop into my mind:

• Fighting Spirit:
    All dmg% and OA for Pets

• Decorated Soldier:
    Phys dmd, Trauma, EleRes, SlowRes for Pets

• Scars of Battle:
    Bleed, Stun Freeze Res, Armor Absorption for Pets

Classes such as Witchblade, Warder and Death Knight would be much easier to be played as Pet Builds. :exploding_head::+1:

Concerning "Guardian of Death Gates"

Love this weapon as its one of the first legendaries dropped as i started playing, only to find out Death Knight with it is a bait. :sob:

Invert the conversion from Phys > Vit to Vit > Phys. We already have “Master of Spirits” and other items wich convert to Vit damage. With the recent changes to skellies it somehow makes sense, at least in my head. :thinking:

The weapon has Physical as base damage and would therefore enable Skeletons to have full Physical damage and it also fits with Warcry for flat RR. Remove flat RR from weapon. The thematical approach would be hilarious, Death Knight with Skeletons Build.

Give it 20-30% AS so its at least useable to hit some monsters and not just wield around for the styles (add +2 to Soldier too :wink:).

5 Likes

thematically, what would pet for soldier should be like? i don’t think skeletons or soldier ghosts like the ancestral soldiers skill from titan quest’s warfare & defense mastery & living shadow constellation’s nameless soldiers would fit. since they are much closer to necromancer as thematic summons.

what i had in mind was war dogs/bears. but physical focused summon position is already claimed by shaman’s briarthorn &primal guardian (which were comparable to bear/wolf summons).

maybe just giving more pet/allies related buffs to some soldier skills or items would be enough. i dunno.

Something alone those lines was suggested before, +1’ed that suggestion.

Will +1 this too :3

2 Likes

No pets, just some small add-ons for skills wich are suitable as described. The player buffing nature of soldier makes an active playstyle possible too. Imagine a Warder tanking alongside Briarthorn near a Totem and both dealing some damage. Maybe not viable for high-endgame but for MC for sure.

1 Like

While i like the idea of making Soldier (and Nightblade for that matter) more pet friendly in the past, it’s never happened despite how many times people have asked for it so I have to assume how they are now is Crate’s vision for them.

Don’t have any problems with putting support for the masteries on weapons like Guardian of Death Gates or Bane of the Winter King though.

+1. Physical damage to Field Command would also work really well as it would apply to other players and pets.

Would see stark competition with already present and established Physical 2-handers like Gutsmasher, Leviathan, Voldrak’s Crusher. If you’re taking the innate flat RR away then it loses a lot of it’s use/uniqueness on non-pet builds I’d say.

Wish the RR was part of an item granted skill or proc on the weapon rather than on the weapon itself. That way, you don’t need to worry about having to do weapon damage on a Pet build to benefit from it. Not sure how it would effect non pet builds using the weapon though.

It’s instant applied RR generally on your attacking skill so is prized for the same reasons as people like taking Oathkeeper for Celestial Presence versus something like Thermite Mines. On a pet user, i imagine you’d also be able to apply it in a wide area with a point in Bone Harvest and Dread for example.

The only non-pet build I recall that uses Guardian Gates for the baked in RR/ADCtH was thejabrixone’s Fire Forcewave Tactician from pre-FG. Nowadays though, more options exist with FG so it’s niche is less exploited.

1 Like

I was thinking of using it on Conjurer :stuck_out_tongue:

Could put points into Vine I suppose :thinking:
Or… yes Swarm is also there, but I hate using it for RR

Edit: Realized neither Vines nor Swarm has weapon dmg…

1 Like

Not amazing but certainly looks interesting for a rough sketch.

2 Likes

This weapons main design points towards the use in a Death Knight Pet Build, wich isnt possible at all. I love the idea behind it, but its kinda making me sad there isnt enough support to make it shine like it would be deserved on such a unique piece.

Do not think Nightblade should have any pet support as Assasins are a lonely breed. Doesnt fit for me that well. NBs can rely on player-scaled stuff.

But consider this for a moment:

1 Like

Witchhunter with Bysmiel set, wielding double Bysmiel’s Mindweaver? :joy: plz dont even think about it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Realizes that Pet WitchHunter was never officially made (I had a link somewhere)
Starts to make Pet WitchHunter

EDIT: Found the old GT actually :3. It is in here Booette - Pet Reaper
But sadly, it is not a DW Mindweaver witchhunter :frowning:

1 Like

Never, ever suggest a pet build idea to Maya and then tell her not to think about it. :rofl:

3 Likes

Currently Grimtooling one :zipper_mouth_face:
A bit scared cause i’m starting wanting it to play :rofl:

1 Like

Case in point: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2Em8482 (Witchhunter with Bysmiel set, wielding double Bysmiel’s Mindweaver)

Version 2 without the Beastcaller parts for Shoulder & Chest: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G1D4LZ

Version 3 with Cold Pets :3 https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2M1zn12

Version 4 with Lightning pets, but more RR: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXLg53N

Sadly, not much you can go for on NB for a Pet build atm. Now if any of those bonuses also applied to pets…

1 Like

:snowflake::swan::dagger::cold_face::dagger::swan::snowflake:

@Maya THIS IS THE BEST BUILD I VE EVER MADE :joy::joy::joy:

Edit2: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25myXo2

Dont open and gdstash it or you will play straight for a whole month :exploding_head:

:rofl:

2 Likes

image Pet Hybrid?

1 Like

grafik
Yep!

2 Likes

It works, kiting with blade barrier, pneumatic and BoD while birbs attack kills harder enemies. Difficult to pilot though. Got many deaths at the beginning (Iron Maiden huh). Petblade :blush:

2 Likes