Some Mythical items feel like a downgrade

Good day,
can someone tell me why certain mythical items feel like a downgrade compared to the non myth version?
Like Dreegal’anore non myth has this awesome guardian gaze ability, which the mythical version lacks.
Or Viperfang Grips non mythical have the on hit ability, but the mythical version doesn’t have it either.
Or Riftwarp Grasp, Voidrend talons…

I feel like the onhit abilities on items are a special defining aspect of grim dawn. Every other game instantly removes ability chains / autobomber chars.
So why are they missing on the endgame-item-versions?
Have a good one

Items usually don’t retain their procs if they gain Item Skill Modifiers on the Mythical version.

It was a conscious decision way back around the launch of Ashes of Malmouth years ago by the developers to reign in the number of gear procs on characters as they thought the amount was getting to be too much and the introduction of skill modifiers was a good time to do it as they can only be present on weapons, headgear, armguards, amulets and medals.

Since then, they have given some of the Mythicals that their proc back if it lost it initially when a good enough case is made by the community for why it is so meaningful and continue to do so on a case-by-case basis. One of the biggest ones I recall way back in the day as an example was Mythical Aethereach because of the supplemental AoE it gave to Aether AAR builds (before AAR got QoL changes like 100% pass through or increased turn speed).