Some New Ancient Ranged Weapons

Tags: 2 Handed Ranged weapon, Bleeding damage over time, physical damage, archaic weapon

With this weapon any ranged class willing to deal lots of bleeding damage over time and few physical damage on impact will now have a weapon for it. Most benefits for occultists as it provides them with a proper synergy with their tree. Get those bleeding spells and while they’re on cooldown do autoattack.

Drawback: weapon is a bit slow and is not recommended for elemental builds due to very small physical damage.

P.S.1 : I don’t know if there is something like this weapon type on game already. Ignore suggestion if its already on game.
P.S.2 : I’m moving to another thread as this is too much specific.

Item Category: Blowpipe(yellow)
Item Type: Ranged 2 Handed Weapon
Variations: One for Each Damage Over Time that has Instant Damage Type related to it
Common Stats: Very Low Physical Damage, Significative Amount of Physical Damage that may be converted to another Damage Type, Very High Damage Damage Over Time related to damage converted, Slow Attack Speed, Decent Armor Piercing, 1 Random Stat
Recipe Cost: Some Scrap and Iron Pieces

Variations Names:
Physical/Bleed: Mosquito
Fire/Burn: Firefly
Cold/Frostbite: Crab
Electricity/Eletrocute: Butterfly
Acid/Poison: Hornet
Vitality/Vitality Decay: Vermin

Story about those weapons: These are tribal weapons, common outside civilized world, where tribe folk doesn’t has a choice for firearms and instead use those archaic ranged tools of destruction. Be warned that those weapons are for stacking damage over time, not for burst damage per attack, and players should only opt for them if they plan to use more of damage over time on attacks rather than burst damage. An additional thing is those weapons can pierce armor but are slow, so don’t expect high damage per second from successive attacks as those hits are weak and slow. Some variations are useful for different classes, such as physical/bleed or acid/poison for occultists for example, try to find which skills synergizes with those 2 handed ranged weapons.

P.S.: I do not know if there are similar 2 handed ranged weapons for that specific role on game, weapons that prioritize stacking DoT and as such have very weak hits that are also slow. If there are, maybe we would not need that much those blowpipes.

Only problem with this idea, is even if the most blatantly OP weapon in the game was a blowpipe I’d refuse to use it because I’m not blowing anybody/anything.

Can you imagine Lokarr’s saucy dialogue if he spotted you using that thing?

Blowpipe is notorious from some of Caribean/South American Tribes, and while it doesn’t blow anything indeed it carries poison that kills, so is from where come this idea. Not a gun, of course, but a tribal ancient weapon to sting poison, or, in this case, any kind of DoT effect. And for such reason physical damage IS very low but DoT IS very high.
Do you understand now?

I’m not going to speak about this weapon stats since they’re almost same to Crossbow, except that Longbow in real life gambits some precision for more fire speed. The point is why there isn’t longbows yet on game even considering they came before crossbows on real life, are indeed much more popular, and are still in use nowadays on archery, just as same as crossbows?

Why devs ignored this weapon?

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=508427&post508427

The Dev’s answer for this question seen’s to be very “acceptable”.

Guns already fill the part of one handed weapons that fire fast, rendering longbows pointless.

More ranged weapons would be welcome, preferable one without piercing conversion on physical weapons.
If you compare the number of Legendary melee 1H with 1H ranged, ranged comes quite a bit short (the same could be said for both 2H melee and ranged).

Legendary Melee 1H: 75
Legendary “Caster” 1H : 59
Legendary Ranged 1H: 33
Legendary Melee 2H: 35
Legendary Ranged 2H: 32

I believe Crate stated that the reason why they haven’t done bows is to save on development. Rifles and crossbows use the same shooting animation. Bows would require a different animation.

Nevermind. I got my answer on another topic. Its not related to aesthetics as you said, but to development saving. Thanks.

Thinking about if i should make a suggestion about add some kind of Crossbow/Rifle/Pistol that is a lot weaker in physical damage but is a lot stronger in damage over time, making some utility from another thread about blowpipe without adding blowpipe anymore, as that Crossbow/Rifle/Pistol would cover that niche of weak physical damage ranged weapon with strong damage over time weapon plus possible physical damage conversion to other types. Something that builds based on stacking damage over time effects on enemies will be glad to have.

I believe that too.

Repeating Crossbow - Also known as Chinese crossbow/chokonu, should has similar stats as crossbow, with less physical damage dealt per attack but its a 1 handed weapon, on a somewhat different niche than pistols, maybe as fastest ranged weapon in the game as long bow are but with even lower physical damage.

Long bow - Well known worldwide, should has similar stats as crossbow, with less physical damage dealt per attack but more attacks per second, being the fastetst ranged weapon in the game, even faster than rifles are indeed.

Blowpipe - An exotic weapon from Caribean and South American tribes, should has similar stats as crossbow, with less physical damage dealt per attack but applies damage over time on hit.

Feedback needed for more weapons.

Mate, really?

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62738
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62743
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62910

This is like the fourth “Blowpipe/Bow” thread you’re making
If you’re confused then know this that devs don’t respond to every feedback thread but do read them. They don’t even respond to every Bug thread but do read them all

So you’re suggestion has probably been noted from the first thread itself, now its upto them to decide whether they want it in GD or not

As for my opinion on the matter, I like the idea of a Blowpipe type weapon it fits Nightblade theme imo

And as has been said in your previous threads, bows definitely no so just stop asking. I doubt the others will either, but making new threads to keep asking the same old thing won’t help your cause. You’ve made your request, now leave it alone.

There is 0 chance of new weapon types being added to Grim Dawn.

Opening new threads on the same topic every few weeks isn’t going to change that.

none of these are sufficiently different from what we have (stat wise) for them to make sense. A lot of work (animations, items) for nothing.

And you managed to get all your bows/blowpipe weapons threads merged into one. Well done. :smiley:

I had to ask my lady what blowpipe means. Hopefully she knew.