Part six of my controller friendly build series: Fire Flames of Ignaffar Purifier.
After the success of my Chaos FoI Mage hunter, I looked for other FoI avenues to pursue. Fire Purifier works, as it can clear SR75, so here are the pros and cons of the new build compared to my chaos FoI build:
- MI main weapon
- MI head
- MI medal
- MI chest
- MIs need good prefixes and affixes to make the build work. The ones on the grimtools link are just the best I happened to have, not theoretically optimal.
- MI main weapon pretty much needs a great casting speed roll, and is a pain to farm. The one I’m using is actually level 92, not 94, for that reason.
- Conduit of Runic whispers requires several attempts to get right prefix and a useable affix
- less raw damage
- less defense
- WAY less crit
- worse energy management
- has to cast thermite mine
- may be slightly easier to level
- more resist reduction (but not enough to offset the raw damage difference)
- Fire may be thematically preferable for some inquisitors.
So, with all that having been said, I’m going to make this build guide short, since I doubt many people will use it. Mostly I’m publishing this because it proves that Fire FoI is a viable option for purifiers, and it also proves that it’s not the best FoI build. I don’t doubt that it can clear higher SRs with better MIs, but my chaos FoI can definitely go beyond the SR80 that I tested it at.
In game stats:
Offense: make sure your enemy is on your thermite mines.
Defense (excerpt from my Chaos FoI): the most important thing is to keep casting FoI, since its lifesteal will quickly heal you to full. Be careful when casting Inquisitor Seal or Word of Pain, as they interrupt your healing. With only seven points in Inquisitor Seal, you don’t need to be in it. It’s just nice.
Controller: if you have FoI bound to “A”(xbox)/“X”(sony)) When you interrupt FoI by casting another spell, there will be a slight delay before restarting FoI. If FoI is on “A”, the game will initiate an auto attack before realizing that FoI is available, robbing you of damage and delaying your healing. If you bind FoI to another button, this should go away.
When levelling this build, you may struggle for healing. If you can get a Bloodsworn Sigil, that will help a ton. Otherwise, you have Vindictive Flame and Word of Renewal. Pay attention to your energy management in item and component choices, since it can easily get out of hand.