SPOILER ALERT: Lore Discussion

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it or not, but there seems to be an area prepared for an upcoming expansion. Strait South from Devils Crossing there is a road leading to a broken bridge (just like the one leading West). It looks to be a large-ish self contained region between two rivers. It would look to hold just about as much territory as Ashes Of Malmouth. I wonder what will be in store for us there? Unless it’s a red herring.

Old, OLD, red herring. We’re never going south over that bridge. There was a very early video of the Old Grove area many years ago, but nothing further was done with it and Zantai has said several times that it’s not a good camera angle for players heading that direction.

As you can see that thread is from 2010.

That area is called the “Old Grove” and it will not be a area that’s going to be used.

Aw medea beat me to it.

I do believe that the new upcoming roguelike dungeon is located at the “Maw Of Apesh”

no, it is not, Alexander the Great had that name way before Germany was a thing :wink: It is greek in origin…

speaking of secret empty area that seems ominous… there is a giant island temple in korvan city/eye of ulzuin. our route to enter the main korvaak temple encircles this secret empty area, but this area’s entrance is blocked by ruined pillar. it looks like the main temple of ulzuin, but i get a feeling that crate wants to make an ulzuin centered area there, but scrap that idea for whatever reason.

since the new fg roguelike dungeon will take place at mouth of apesh, i was hoping that this secret empty area i explained above will get future updates, similar to the hidden path of the 3 which wasn’t implemented in original campaign before a patch and grim misadventures added it.

And you know the quest for the rogue won’t take you into that area how? :wink: The only area we know for sure we’re going to be visiting is the Maw of Enaht.

24th May stream:

"Fragonarsh : Is the new dungeon in the maw in the desert? (the star wars creature)

It’s not in there, but you might end up in there … for some reason."

And

ya i know the new roguelike won’t be in the unaccessible empty areas in the middle of korvan city i previously mentioned. the maw of apesh (or is it enaht) are the ones explained by zantai. maybe it will include both maws. maw of apesh and that maw in the secret area that is being researched by a bysmiel cultist.

Could it be that the Messenger is actually Ulzaad?

The messenger feels way to weak to be anything close to a Herald of Korvaak. If he was indeed Ulzaad or even a weakened version of it then Kymon wouldn’t have gotten the Herald’s position\powers.

I am still wondering what Byscilla was actually doing to slow down the aetherials in Malmouth.

Might be a stretch but it is possible that she started a chain of events that lead to the aetherial attack on DC and also for the survivor chick (forgot her name) to reach DC and notify them about survivors in Malmouth. All was done to get the Taken to Malmouth.

More curiously about Mogdrogen on how he got ascended and his part in the war of the gods (besides beating Ravager).

I think he was already an ascendant when he beat the Ravager or maybe I am wrong. In Mog’s case it seems like the mutt ascended due to being worshipped by certain sect of people a.k.a the Rhowari.

Perhaps Korvaak let the Witch Gods win previously, just to test to see how they handle themselves as gods etc.

From the FG lore notes i’d say he puts even less thought than the Ravager into his actions so I very much doubt that.

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before, but I just finished FG and, at the Korvaak death, I’m sure I heard a voice say something like “balance must be maintained (…)” .
Does anyone know who this voice belongs to?

As Mauricius said it’s Dreeg.

Glorious Dawn

From the Aetherials POV it really is that.

speaking of secret empty area that seems ominous… there is a giant island temple in korvan city/eye of ulzuin. our route to enter the main korvaak temple encircles this secret empty area, but this area’s entrance is blocked by ruined pillar. it looks like the main temple of ulzuin, but i get a feeling that crate wants to make an ulzuin centered area there, but scrap that idea for whatever reason.

Any screenshot you can share to help me find this.

Maw of Enaht.

This is the part that I am looking forward to the most for some reason. It’s not even the new lore that might come our way but going inside a giant maggot to find my room key finds awesome as fuck.

Ominous%20blocked%20area%20in%20korvan%20city

Awesome, thanks for this mate. Yup I see what you mean there’s definitely something there. Around the bridge are of your image if you rotate the camera angle you will be able to make out a small door as well.

hopefully that hidden empty area will get the same update treatment like the hidden path quests and kra’vall.

I do not know if this can be considered important (or even useful), but Korvaak has a belly button.
Also, if he had shoes, he could lace both, simultaneously.
Here.

here? here what?

yugol has bigger belly button then (constellation image of yugol shows its belly button maw thingy).
yugol can tie the laces of innumerable shoes. because tentacles.

korvaak: i am become shoe worker, the destroyer of untied shoes.
yugol: ties every laced shoes in existence with black hole magic.

Hopefully we meet yugol in the new rogue dungeon in the upcoming patch but i doubt that

Well, you kind of meet a manifestation of Yugol in one of the special stages from the Shattered Realms.

1 Like

Oh really? I play shattered realm and i never saw him how does he look like?:joy:

It manifests in the form of three dark purple tentacled monster called Manifestations of the Hunger. They use a reskinned Loghorrean’s model. They appear in one of the anomaly stages of SR. It’s a random encounter.

Oh i think i know what you are talking about i actually met that guy before but never knew that was yugol anyways thx for explaining

Well, it’s more like a manifestation of Yugol’s hunger than Yugol itself. I imagine that Yugol being set free would be a very bad thing for Cairn and reality in general.

1 Like

What makes you think that Yugol is trapped? :wink: