SPOILER ALERT: Lore Discussion

Ceno already cleared that, it’s his Guardian hijacked by Cthonians.

Outcast isn’t a faction per se, it shows up as one in the faction list but Outcast refers only to the witch. She is the only one in that faction as far as i can tell. And she’s an aetherial defector (Judging from Lucius’ note, unless she planted that :rolleyes:)

Also, can someone post a screenshot of Anasteria’s boss form (after we kill her she can be fought in her boss form (wrath of Aether))?

Actually, the ones he fought are Cthonians who were heading east just as him to investigate the energy source. There is no Cthonian camp there, not anymore atleast since I am pretty sure Uro wiped them all out.

Holy shit! I found some notes in the localization files regarding the quest a Pledge to cairn, Outcast’s revenge, and a bunch of more stuff.

Thanks man.

P.S, yeah i don’t get these dialogue options as well

As it’s already been stated in this thread earlier on, and judging from Mog’s own dialogues we know he isn’t omniscient.

How do i change my profile picutre or upgrade forum status from “initiate”?

Question, I am not at nemesis with all the factions. So far only with Aetherials, Cthonians and Undead. Toughest enemy amongst them was the Aetherial nemesis (Vald…something? can’t remember the name). I have yet to fight Mogdrogen. My aim is to fight the toughest boss, should i go for nemesis with factions or fight Mog or fight Bourbon in Edge of Reality. Which is tougher?

Let’s reference the info only available in-game without fiddling with internal files.

Just think for a second, the avatar spawned from a honored-level quest doesn’t have problems admitting he pretty much set up the fall of Arkovia, but acknowledging Uroboruuk (which is closely related to Rhowari anyway) is too much. Besides, he speaks of him in the same arrogant tone he shittalks the player character, so I don’t know where the whole “defence” part come from.

The aetherial in the starting cutscene says they were here before people. But the whole Cairn is the unwilling creation of Ch’thon. In this context it doesn’t make sense they do the whole “body preparation and human cattle” thing when they could just wipe out everything akin to Ch’ton himself.

Zantai posted a comment a while ago in a thread like this about enjoying reading our (inaccurate) thoughts on the Lore.

Because, as a writer of scifi, I love plottwists.

If Grim Dawn has taught me one thing, it’s that no matter how defensive you build your character, you can be killed. This extends to Uroboruuk’s character build, though he’s probably cheating.

I won’t say I expect the Aetherials to be the ‘big bad’ of the Grim Dawn story, because I don’t. But I do expect them to pose a significant threat to mankind’s remnants, moreso than they have as of yet. I wouldn’t consider them inferior to Chthonians, so Chthon himself is likely more powerful than everything Aetherial in existence, being a God and all. Though, then again, perhaps he has been weakened as a God, having been left in a dying state for several eternities. Maybe as long as the Cult does not fulfill there dreams of returning blood to their master, the Aetherials have a shot at permanently ending Chthon’s continued aggression.

But, again, I don’t think Aetherials are the ‘big bad’. I just consider them equals to the Chthonians, implying that Chthon isn’t the ‘big bad’ either.

Mog is toughest.

Edit your pic via here: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar

You upgrade forum status from Initiate by postcount, generally. Praetorian titles designate playtesters for the game.

Nice! Yeah, i kinda want to kill him for that. But main reason i am not picking a fight is because last time i hastily attacked someone (Silas in fishing village, it ended in a tragedy. The only mistake i made. Even spared the fraud couple who staged hostage situation)

Does killing him make the Rovers our enemy? Or does it permanently banish him from the game? Or does it turn him into a permanent enemy. I mean whenever we’re near the dude would try to whack us. Will that happen? Or does it not do anything and the guy remains where he was when we restart the game after killing him?

It makes sense actually. Aetherials are agents of Gods. Well former, but they probably were used in battling Chthon (if that is what the war of Gods was about) and when the Gods won they banished them into the formless aether. Since, they lack physical bodies my guess is that they can’t access all their powers hence the whole human cattle thing. As for wiping out Chthon or anything akin to him, well that isn’t an easy task. The aetherials might be powerful but they (lore wise) seem inferior to Chthonians. I hope that made as much sense as it did inside my head.

Aside than mocking you if you fail to kill him or respecting you as a competent foe if you succeed in destroying his Avatar, no, there are no permanent repercussions for attacking him.

There is a broken bridge that you cannot pass yet if you head to the East Marsh area, so maybe Uroboruuk is on the other side somewhere and we’ll be able to repair that bridge on an expansion?

Also, it would be funny if the thing that Urboruuk is going after is Beronath, The Beast of Legend returned thanks to the Aetherials (maybe even possessed), because you DO fight it’s spawn nearby , so who knows?

Lol

A writer. Any books published?

He’s using the Hex editor, or maybe he’s paying Zantai to give him some unfair buff. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks

Possible, we have yet to see an Aetherial on the same level as Log. So it is possible if one does exist.

Well yeah, in my opinion. The Forgotten God/Korvaak/Empyrion/Kymon’s God would turn out to be the main string puller.

Personally, i wish we get to strike down big mouthed Mogdrogen for good. Seriously, we restore his shrine and he talks to us in a condescending manner.

Missive to Wightmire Bloodbound:

Two things:

I like how this refers to Aetherials (plural) as Aetherians. I wonder if that’s a typo or perhaps what the Chthonians actually do refer to them as when pluralized.

We still haven’t met Ulto Treig. Perhaps he is a potential follow-up to Thalonis when it comes to leading the remnants of the Cult. He is considered a ‘Grand Priest’ whereas Thalonis is the Bloodlord of the Cult. Would be interesting and cool to see a political shift of power.

Interesting, it is possible.

Btw which bridge?

Working on that.

Btw which bridge?
Maybe he’s referring to the very first bridge of the area? Keep following the main road, you’ll hit a dead end at a broken bridge. Pretty sure it doesn’t seem to lead anywhere, though.

How powerful can he be? Odds are his body would be end being used as a vessel for some major Chthonian after we put him down. Karroz is the best example (and the only one)

Good luck.

Probably did find it and ignored it can’t remember. I am interested in the Old Grove bridge though

As soon as you enter East Marsh, keep heading east and you should see a broken bridge, that seems to direct you towards northeast, a bit away from the entrance.

It seems he’s at least knowledgeable enough to bring Harbingers to Cairn. That’s on a level of Thalonis. If he continued his research, maybe he’d be able to summon Dreadguards or Obsidians. Leeches, too, though they seem to have an affinity to keeping strictly to the Void or staying very close to Void-tears in the world. I don’t imagine Leeches could exist very far away from the Void for too long.

I wonder if Salazar was a connection or liaison from Treig, given that Salazar could summon Harbingers and was stationed in the Wightmire area. If so, perhaps Treig could also be capable of Possession (like Salazar) which even Thalonis could not demonstrate.

I am sorry. Salazar, possession? I beat the guy 16 times (ah* refused to drop his blade) I know he Doom bolts, summons, slows us and uses Sigil. Never saw Possession

What also is intriguing is the description from the “Desecrated Ashes of Empyrion”

The corrupted ashes of Archon Barthollem, devout follower of a forgotten god