SPOILER ALERT: Lore Discussion

From Dust Covered Journal
“I often wonder if King Rhowan was deceived, that by abdicating his throne he brought about the very thing he wished to flee?”

Interesting possibility. But unlikely in my opinion if it was Mogdrogen who convinced Rhowan to leave since Mog doesn’t seem all that bright to me. Unless Mogdrogen himself was a pawn :rolleyes:INCEPTION SOUNDTRACK :rolleyes:

Also notice the blue flares/torches in the sanctum of Death’s Vigil and at the place where Uroboruuk lost his connection with his guardian. And the secret place with the ritual not completed.

Modrogen is just a fury who loves animals.

Nice. …/10 chars

@Ceno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liEZEfcyBh8

Judging from the fight i am guessing the quest is difficult because of the clones. But in one on one, The Actual Final Form of the Clone of John Bourbon doesn’t seem as tough as Mogdrogen (Or am i wrong?). Haven’t taken either of them on, toughest boss according to me Alkamos (i haven’t hit nemesis with all factions just 3 so far. I find alkamos tough cause i managed to atleast kite most people and didn’t die to anything major except mobs. But Alkamos’ SS is something else

Also, Ceno what the heck is your character made of? You barely died during that entire thing. Could you share your build details. Items, Pots (frequently used), Devotions, Skills, Masteries/class

Btw, why was he using Death ray, that thing is very inaccurate and hard to aim when the screen is being filled with shit. Or is it just me?

lol @ “pots” I don’t use any…ever. Probably should.

Wolf is essentially the master of Aether Ray. He’s got a ridiculous amount of time using it.

Even with the other clones I’d put Mog a little higher than John Bourbon. Mog’s spawns are devastating if you don’t have the dps to remove them quickly or the CC (via OFF) to negate their power.

RE: The Head. Not presently part of playable content (there is not a new game version) and I don’t consider it (or anything relating to it) as canonical lore from which we can make decisions. Anything related to it is still subject to change.

Lol same here. Don’t remember there being many pots in D2 (I remember something for H & E, Stamina (which i used early on), thawing potion(?) and something for curse/poison. I only used the Health and Energy mostly). But i noticed many players using pots, so i thought it’s a must

Not surprising since he’s been with arcanist since it was introduced. But was my assumption about Aether ray being relatively hard to aim correct or not?

Wow just wow.

Btw, that Gazer’s eye does it’s proc harm our own character like Chains of Anguish? Cause i am farming zones to get strong enough to get that item cause of 200%+ constitution

Can’t argue there

It’s not a proc, it’s a permanent (as long as the item is equipped) debuff to the character.

Bummer, oh well.

Another question. What is it with most builds using Nightblade? I mean i haven’t used all masteries yet. But on my second character. I carefully hovered over each skill and noticed the Commando seems much more of a better option. Mostly because He has the physical toughness of the Soldier and the AoE of Demolitionist

I could be wrong though.

For me, a matter of taste. Probably around 70% of builds I’ve made involve either Nightblade or Soldier (although, ironically, I despise Blademaster).

So about that lore, huh?

Dual-wielding, shadow striking assassin types are always going to be popular.

Blame Drizzt Do’Urden if you must.

Actually that was meant to be last question :stuck_out_tongue:

I noticed i had sidetracked from the main topic

clears throat

Well, if we ignore unreleased stuff that we found in localization. So far we know Aetherials are former agents of the deities. And will possibly turn into our allies

Korvaak is a primordial. He’s not a fan of Chthon, he’s using Kymon’s chosen to strengthen himself. Judging by Kymon’s dialogue it seems there are other Primordials who have it in for Chthon.

Mogdrogen’s reaction to Empyrion’s name indicates he did exist once and something tragic happened. Also, he knows Kymon unearthed remains of a Forgotten God. But he doesn’t mention Korvaak’s name to us. Only Empyrion is mentioned by him when talking about the order. My theory is Empyrion went insane and became Korvaak.

Dalia’s brother is dead. But the information he provided is invaluable. Uroboruuk was mortal once. Uro is old, he was probably around when Korvaak last walked amongst the mortals (I deduced this from his line “the details were lost to me” ) it is possible that he’s gone by many names over the centuries. I mean, since only two people (Uro and Solael) mentioned so far have sacrificed souls to obtain immortality. Either they’re separate or the same person.

Mogdrogen is responsible for Rhowan’s actions. We know Mog isn’t a primordial so maybe he was duped someone else (Empyrion maybe? Judging from his reaction to the mention of that name)

Uro and Chthonians have gone Northeast of Burwitch which is where the unearthed tomb of Korvaak has to be. Since the capital where the aetherial concentration seems to be high is north of Darkvale (got this from a note i found in the village)

Also, since Kymon mentions he destroyed what according to him was the only thing that could stop Korvaak. I am guessing Uro will play a major role in coming events.

Are there any other Primordials besides Chthon and Korvaak btw?

I also would like to know more about the Outcast. I have never killed her, but apparently doing so opens up the dungeon behind her. Are the monsters normal aetherial spawns? Or only possessed humans (cause that could indicate that there are other defectors like her)

Another idea that popped into my head is that we need Occultist(Followers of the three witch Gods), Demolitionist, Soldiers (Imperial army soldiers as mentioned in the lore. Though with the aether corruption it’s unlikely anyone survived) and Shaman NPCs/Enemies. We have enemy Nightblades (the Cronley’s nemesis spawn i guess. If not then add Nightblade to the list), Arcanist enemies

Funny story. Have no clue about D&D. Never got around to it.

Just to give you an idea, I just finished ultimate with a character whose more recent deaths where: 3 times to Anasteria, 2 times to Thalonis and 2 times to the Log. (just to give a measure of capability or lack thereof). Of course, I can’t beat Mogdrogen… in Normal. Not Veteran, Normal. So…

What about female gods ? Ch’ton had kids and ulzuin was betrayed by his wife.

Cronley’s ranks already have Occultists and Demolitionists, the former making sense since the occult was well-persecuted in Erulan.

Can’t be sure if Ulzuin was a primordial. And i think we should focus on Primordials. Since little is known about them, they have fewer worshipers as compared to the ascendants. With the exception of the Dead God of course

Huh…Now that i think about it you’re right.

Could you post a SC of what she looks like in her boss fight in the prison dungeon which only opens after we kill her?

What also intrigues me is the fact that the journal of Dravis father was protected by a self destructing rune. Why the effort of keeping a journal, i understand to protect it’s secret and thus keeping it in the chtonic rift. But how did Dravis survived the steps of torment and the rift ? Was he a ghost before the entered those places ?

From the first entry:

am confident that this letter will find its way to you. You cannot resist returning to this place; I know that the memories of that night still conjure nightmares in your sleep. The face you saw, that is the price one pays for learning the truth. Truth which you deny!

Self destructing rune?

He survived SoT because he had items that increased all his maximum resistances, augments & components to boost his resistances, 100k+ DPS, Some nice vitality drainers, reduced Poison/stun/freeze/bleeding durations, good retaliation gear. Don’t know if he was a ghost but he was surely invincible and it is unlikely that he was at nemesis with the undead so no Moosi for him to face