I did the full playthrough on my DM Trickster - starting from 18 CET and finished exactly at 1 AM CET - that is 6-7 hours including a few short breaks.
I think i found almost all Lore notes including the series of 4 hidden within hidden areas (pun intended) in the final area (still missing part 2 though).
Lots of secrets yet to find still (one celestial portal next to Grava ver2 among others).
Same here - i really dislike the false gods who stole another ones portfolio and all they do is scheme and do evil stuff all around. Maybe i am missing something but is there actually any proof that the Three are actually better for humanity than the Eldritch Sun?
Personally, I was lucky yesterday with a full day off after work. I did a full exploration of every map and completed the FG content (killing the final boss) in ~6 hours. Of course, I know there are many things I’ve missed like the giant Maw thing, whatever I have to do to power the alters (seen one in Korvan Plateau and another in one of the Korvan City Tombs), higher-rep quests, secrets, etc.
Nah, it’s okay - we all have different play styles. I like to take it slow and explore so that’s also hindering me apart from my lack of time.
I did notice the outpost seems to have an abundance of Solael cultists compared to the other two cults… odd. Though at least not all of them are power hungry maniacs. I liked the three new guys who liked to play fighting the forgotten god as kids and now are pretty powerful warriors and mages as adults.
Of course then there is also the creepy stalker dude… I at first thought he was enchanted by a love spell or something. So what happens if you lie to him?
Also, I just randomly ran into the Titanovore - odd that there was no lore or info about this thing being out there.
And yeah, found the Sarlacc. Best not tell Boba Fett about it!
Personally the Witch Gods are a much better deal than Korvaak, for one they don’t require mass human sacrifice like what was hinted with Korvaak and only Solael snacks on humans who first volunteer themselves. That and while they’ve done some damage to the world, unlike Korvaak they haven’t thrown a tanty in the past and done serious damage to a major city. Like what is hinted Korvaak did before the disaster that befell Korvan City. Amongst all the other horrible, more low level sh*t it’s hinted Korvaak did to his worshippers vis demands of “payment”.
And despite all the repression their cults have faced, TWG haven’t laid waste to the Erulan Empire either. Despite the fact they have the power to do so.
Though their failure to face Korvaak themselves is interesting, perhaps with Korvaak awaking their ability to draw power from the Eldritch Realm was greatly reduced?
[SPOILER]Lastly it seems no one else has twigged yet, but the leaders of the cults are very likely TWG’s themselves in human form, as they’ve been missing from the Eldritch Realm and then disappear once Korvaak’s banished. Oh and the leader of the Bysmael sect is a ringer for the description given of Bysmael when she seduced Ulzuin. That and all the cult leaders names start with the same letter as that of TWG themselves.
Add in the dialogue with the leader of the Dreeg cult when you ask if TWG’s are going to help and frankly the threads of fate coalesce on this theory quite nicely
Mind you, I’m half awake and badly sleep deprived at present, so fluff knows if I’m on the right track.[/spoiler]
EDIT: whoops! Guess it ate him and spit out the helm.
LOL the name… Fettan Mask
That’s an edit, right?
Eh, I don’t feel like that. Korvaak was a threat, and a pretty nasty god even back when he was in full power and had a realm to rule. He had to be stopped, and where was Mogdrogen? Playing gardener in the ancient grove. Whoops, correction, not even that, he had YOU prune his weeds…
In D&D terms I feel the witch gods are like some of the gods who came to power in Faerun after the Time of Troubles (when Ao the high god made all gods mortal for a while - some got killed and their portfolios were usurped by mortals). All three of them were power-hungry mortals, and it took them a while even after becoming deities to put aside their feuds and form the covenant. They are pretty young even compared to ascendant gods like Oleron, after all. But unlike Korvaak - or Ch’thon - they did not abuse their power to conquer Cairn or destroy the empire that was chasing them. Hell, they were far more lenient on the Luminari than Urboruuk was on the Arkovians, despite both doing the same, harassing and killing their followers.
I was also surprised how… nice the Dreeg cultists were. Yes some were pretty crazy but the guy who saved Aldritch’s daughter was a pretty kind-hearted soul. Not what I expected. Even Draellus is rather wise.
You get it, We are pawns in FG. There’s a reason the 3 leaders vanish after you are done killing KV. The way I hope GD plays out is us riding the world of all these gods and god wannabes setting humanity truly free.
Who knows tho, As long a the game keeps going. Amazing job. Also…
I envy you people with your separate pockets of time where regular time does not flow… Seriously, HOW??? I got the game update yesterday and I merely got to explore the Temple of Osyr before going to sleep. Just the conversations in the conclave took me an hour or more not to mention enjoying the scenery.
Don’t envy anyone, Enjoy the game at your own pace that’s what it’s about, I’ve had a ton of lols the last day with all the " I am world 1st " and " look at me I found this via the world editor now I am posting acting like I am legit " pointless and meaningless. Enjoy the game. Be a real gamer.
Hi guys. I’m not a new GD player but I’m new to the lore due to not paying attention to notes in my plays. I try to do some research about the Gods but find nothing more than those small pieces of Lore on Constellations. Is there any where I can learn about them?
Despite having throwing temper tantrums here and there (in many of the exemplified occassions - KV had the right to do what he did) i see Korvaak as a god who cares for course of the world as he wants to erradicate Chtons threat. He has build actually a prosperous empire (and maybe more in ancient times before Korvan as hinted in one of the lore notes) where people were happy and rejoicing. He has been even awarding his enemies with ascendancy out of respect and good will. When he punishes - its not because of vanity whim but just because humans are wretched creaturesTM@ and have to be looked after like small children. He sees this as his duty. For me Korvaaks story is a tragic one and i when i saw him chained, weak like a twig, beaten and humiliated by 3 deceptive and pathetic humans - on one hand its cool what WG achieved (though clearly through pure opportunity and deception) but for me they are much worse than KV.
I also share your view on the 3 Cult leaders being the WG`s - all your points are on spot and it was kind of obvious when they disappear once KV is banished.
I also share your view on the 3 Cult leaders being the WG`s - all your points are on spot and it was kind of obvious when they disappear once KV is banished.
I believe so. If you look at Byscilla loading screen, she has green eyes just like Bismyel when she is described in the lore note
[QUOTE=Glimpse;717737]Pfew cleared Ultimate looking at every nook and crany - final fight was as promised remarkable. Still i would have preffered to chat with the Witch Gods at least
Just to see if i have pieced the whole story together:
Whats with Uroborruuk’s beef with Korvaak? I find it strange that he was so desperate to stop the ritual
Yeah that felt a bit disjointed compared to everything else. Dont see his motivation apart from thinking KV will bring worse times in Cairn if re-awakened in full.
His reappearance felt rushed, like it was thrown in at the last minute. No build up. Literally one singular Uro note in FG beforehand would have done wonders to foreshadow.
How are people here advocating that Korvaak was a GOOD god for his people???
This guy makes the God of the Old Testament look chill and forgiving. I mean he at least told Abraham to NOT sacrifice his son.
Well there was also that possessed necromancer you had to kill to free one of the tomb robber brothers. I wonder what he was doing there…
Eh, I don’t feel that is the case. Yes they were using you to do their dirty work, but if you visited the Sanctum of the Three and received their gift previously from the Attendant, the Emissary even mentions this and that the witch gods are here to collect on their debt. It’s not like they tricked you.