[Spoiler] Solved! Dalia's SUPER SECRET QUEST

Wait where is this guitar coming from?! Honestly one of my favorite secrets of any game ever, wp crate wp :slight_smile: Was really worried about an actual actual final form :smiley: Now I have to kill the rest of these God forsaken clones…

So, are the locations for the quest items randomised?

I found the first note north of the Blood Grove rift, near Fort Haron, while getting mobbed by manticores… not near the Weeping Oak at all. I’m sure because I was checking my inventory regularly, and the purple quest item text actually flashed up on screen for a split second while fighting. I thought I’d dropped an Eye at first, but then discovered I had the note.

it is possible to kill the last boss?

No.

Yes

Yes. Where do you think I got the item?

Secondly, as to the randomized locations, it is possible I got the second one wrong, as I searched all over that area. If someone finds the EXACT spot please do tell

The way it works is you walk near the area, no breaking required. The spot is marked by a blue flame. The second one is located in the secret room of anguish.

Fixed /10chars

Whats the point of the item, it looks fake and not real. If this is a troll post, gg you wasted a few mins of my life

The graphic has a hat on it; but its chest only armor and you can see clearly you aint wearing a cowboy hat

TBH I dont like when games are ‘serious’ the whole way and then add in some weird items that dont seem to make any sense at all, seems to cheapen the ‘experience’.

Would of thought Ceno would be up in arms about this…doesnt fit the Cairn setting so much, unless you let us skin other mobs so we can wear a Flesh Hulk suit or something

Its like the best weapon in Dark Souls being a Lollipop or something…yeah…imagine that killing the Fume Knight with a Lollipop…immersion gone

Diablo had their fascination with Bovines but there was a story behind it and it carried on for a long time but it was kinda stupid killing a field of Cows going “moo moo moo” in a mans voice

Sounds like you may need to pull the stick out of your ass. This is a special secret - an easter egg. It’s not meant to be taken seriously. It’s just something cool to discover.

[SPOILER]Both the item and clone of john bourbon reference parts of development of the game.

Quite sure Gazer Man was in a Grim Misadventures while Clone of John Bourbon marked end points of content during development.[/spoiler]

Wow. You play dark souls?

Wouldn’t have thought you did considering your posts.

Edit: Then again you’re probably someone who played a spellcaster.

Just completed this.

Very cool secret, my only real complaint is that I kind of wanted more enemies on the way in the final area, maybe even put clones of some of the chapter bosses there? Also, the overall amount of loot felt a bit weak for such an encounter. Aside from that, I ran into two issues that should probably be looked at.

[SPOILER]

1. When teleporting to the final section/prison area, pets don’t always automatically port over with you.
  2. It’s possible for the “boss” or bosses to end up camping the prison teleport destination, and you can load into instant deaths.[/spoiler]

Wooo let me catch my breath!

[Spoiler]Congratulations on this ending Crate! :smiley:

The final fight was pretty fun and challenging, I died a good five times so I can understand people playing hardcore being a bit surprised. Regeneration potions made with Royal Jelly have never been that necessary!

The hunt itself was great too. Entries 1, 2, 3 are pretty straigthforward, then it gets twisted (the salt bag), then tricky.
Seriously I revisited half of Cairn with the last hint. I first went North of the Necropolis to visit “the calamity that now consumes the world” thinking it was this giant Chthonian rift denaturing everything around it. Nope, nothing.
Then, since it was adressed to Dalia, I went North of Homestead to the Conflagration thinking Aetherials were consuming the world. Still nothing.
I also went to Morton’s Claim because we’re speaking of immortal beings trapping souls so why not.

That was fun, thank you![/Spoiler]

PS: seeing the name of each clone, I totally expected a “Resistant John Bourbon’s Clone of Alacrity” to spawn.

have a few questions :

is it an ultimate only quest?
can i do it with a character that has already found the very first note (before b31)

the one near homestead i think

or do i have to take a character that have not found it?

thanks !

Thanks for the guide.[/spoiler] [SPOILER]I haven’t had the chance to proceed with the quest since B30 but I definitely will.

I also just want to test the spoiler tag.

Edit:[/spoiler] [SPOILER]It seems to work.

Wow! :smiley:

I thought this was fake at first. Man i was wrong.

This is awesome. i love how its “Devils crossing”, and how the different clones talk/react to you while progressing is great, made me laugh

Amazing job Crate

One of the best things in the entire game.

Now I just have to figure out how to beat it beyond throwing my corpse at the Bourbens.

Great work!

[SPOILER]Finally managed to do it with no deaths and no cheesing.

Maelstrom build is stronk.

Also the item has the potential to be really meta. If you have phys resist elsewhere you’re set.[/spoiler]

Yes and Yes.

Wind Devil - Maelstrom[/spoiler] or your DW Saboteur build [SPOILER]?