Nothing nothing nothing3

nothing nothing nothing

3 Likes

Maybe just don’t assume everyone plays around conversions? My phys retal Warlord only has physical retal sources and zero conversions. It could kill Calla in 5-6 minutes I believe, before 1.1.9.0 at least - haven’t tested it’s performance much after that.

So basically, strip you character off any elemental retal and see how it goes.

Upd: I found a record of Calla kill time in 1.1.9.0 - took me 6:15. Retal damage was like this:

He doesn’t/hasn’t played every build in existence. If he doesn’t know about it, he can’t nerf it properly, I can’t remember the last time I saw a Stoneguard build posted on these forums (or maybe it’s just that all the Phys Retal builds merge into a blur at a certain point…).

nothing nothing nothing

1 Like

nothing nothing nothing

1 Like

i don’t think (tho i could be wrong) Z is trying to balance retal/rata around multi MI setups, then just “happening to use stoneguard” on top, but is doing “overall” balancing for semi regular builds, meaning less green, for the more avg retal meta
if the intention were to stop “green real” from still working, 80% of the retal “nerfs” have been in the wrong places, as you also note in this post

nothing nothing nothing

Well, I don’t care much for retal, so I’ll leave it to those who are more savvy in it.

But like I said, my Warlord without conversions kills Calla in 6+ minutes. Compared to your 3 minutes it’s leagues away. So this probably means Stoneguard isn’t OP (not in damage department at least), it’s more how you manage your conversions and retal sources. So nerf them I guess.

nothing nothing nothing

No, not conversions. Although I’m not sure how to keep converted retal under control when it doesn’t come from Beronath, while not affecting more exotic retal archetypes like fire and lightning. I guess you can’t. But Stoneguard was already nerfed - maybe not as heavily, but still. The only OP part of it is it’s a 3-piece set which makes it pretty flexible.

Why posting EoR version though? I thought this topic is about Stoneguard? I mean, it should have lesser values since EoR is AoE and hits unlimited targets. It’s a completely different story.

2 Likes

nothing nothing nothing

Well, then, don’t abuse them? =) If Stoneguard was a 5-piece set with chest and shoulders, it would solve this dilemma, but it’s not. Not sure if -retal on such items would make much sense for the devs as well. So what I’m trying to say, nerfing Stoneguard itself because someone utilizes conversions to boost the crap out of retal would be a lazy move.

If I were someone that played the game, I might simply move the conversion on the Platemail of Octavius to the pauldrons, but I’ll have to check with some people that play the game first.

5 Likes

nothing nothing nothing

builds?

why not just type “builds”? its not a long word :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Kinda like how you were kidding here too, right?

4 Likes

It’s a Chinese thing. I don’t know if it’s specific to just GD but the Chinese members have always called them "BD"s. Just the way it is for them I guess.

1 Like

nothing nothing nothing

I guess the question also comes down to…what sort of performance should one expect from a build packing 5 fantasy greens? One might argue that something virtually unachievable through normal play warrants exceptional results.

Stoneguard inherently does not have values that fall wildly out of line of other items in those gear slots.

Something can also be said for the Honor relic, which provides significant single target burst on demand when paired with Retaliation damage.

10 Likes

nothing nothing nothing