Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.1

I’m fine with the retal nerfs and I like the element-specific % retaliation damage, but I think retal DoTs are getting inadvertently affected. For example, the trauma on Citadel won’t get boosted by Stoneguard anymore, and Mythical Divinesteel Shoulderguard’s % lightning doesn’t help the electrocute.

2 Likes

BM like a god now. And my warlord even cant kill a maga boss in short periods. So balance, amazing.

1 Like

tbf, my WL (to be specific, alkamos’ build) can kill superbosses in like under 2 mins, so its def strong, but its not realistic for people to be playing that build. it’s hard to make

Thank you for your update and hope you will continue to add new vitality to the game.

1 Like

def strong, but cant conter tons of dmg. Guess it, 2 Zantarin 1 ana 1 Aleksander, how can u conter it now? only 110k retaliation and very low added to attack. but bm can kill this combination very soon. BM can have 150K dmg on cadence easily without calculate the other dmg. But warlord limit now is 120K even less.

before 1.7.0 version, we have bomb sorcerer, aether ray, lightning ray and so on, all of them are T1. Now what we have on 1.9.1? BM! only blademaster on T1. thats funny.

3 Likes

nothing nothing nothing

6 Likes

59b8d21641affed6-goodbye-waving-tv-doctor-who-funny-gifs

5 Likes

It is an excuse and it should never be used to allow broken stuff. You don’t create all these stats, items, classes and so on only to have some builds outperforming much better than others, or outperforming well beyond what is intended by the developers.

Oh no, the clearly broken mechanic that got rightfully nerfed is being treated unfairily now.

You mean the super glassy build that kills very fast but a slight bump from an enemy will one shot it, requiring good piloting skills? Also needs a bunch of greens to achieve that damage? It’s not like previous iterations of retal builds couldn’t achieve similar damage while being near immortal. Yeah, good balance there.

3 Likes

imagine crying because retals are being nerfed so now you face tank calla for a 2min kill instead of 1 min without losing 20% hp.

9 Likes

Thanks for update.

Yes, I’ve tested it by successfully enabling God Mode in Crucible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oof. I didn’t even consider Cruc. Yeah, they’ll want to patch that up quick I imagine.

…wait, did they ship a dev build instead of a general public one by mistake?

why you think that?

Leave my Pets alone

Tbh, kind of need to retest my builds now. Been abusing something that just got fixed… Namely:

1 Like

I think this change is misplaced, even the old plunderer’s talisman doesnt have that bleed damage that this change is talking about.

I’ve done three Undergrowth + Ancient Grove runs and the change to Ugdenbloom drop rates seems very underwhelming. How much exactly were drops increased? Patch notes state Ugdenbog Golems have an increased chance of dropping flowers, but according to grimtools those don’t drop them in the first place (only the Mossflingers and Overgrowths do)

Maybe the real change in Ugdenbloom drop rates is in the dev console, I just need find the command to give them to me

Its not hard to make in GD stash :wink:

I can try my legit and realistic versions this weekend if I get time.

Anyway, I think it is fine that builds that require less “skill” to play, like retal/rata and pets, should not be as fast and builds that require skill. People are memeing about pets and retal/rata, not about say blademasters in general.

1 Like

Phew… None of my builds were impacted much. Some of them might benefit from a few changes but i need to think about a few item choices in some of them. I’m too noob to understand if the changes for the Stormserpent Armor are bad or good for my lightning savagery druid.

i think they legit imported the dev build, i boot up the game and i use the character ’ to open my inventory (next to 1 at least on my keyboard), and that makes it appear a screen to add some commands or something. Thats not anywhere on the options or keybinds because i checked it

These changes seem pretty solid. I just converted my HC warlord to retal last weekend (was waiting forever till it might be fully nerfed so it wouldn’t spoil other builds) and I don’t mind the nerfs here because it still seemed pretty ridiculous in HC from what I played.

I’m super pumped about the buff to Azraaka amulet and the stronghold HP increase since that’s what my paladin is rocking right now and I can feel a bit more confident pushing some SR with him.

1 Like