Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.1

Maybe possible to do some hybrid Hellhound pet now? Tbc. Or maybe it just fills out the hellhound better for pet builds.

In any case, good to see some more hellhound bonuses to overcap them.

1 Like

This will probably help slightly tone down the crazy fantasy pierce firestrike setup, but it was already the king of FS weapons for basically any elemental damage type. Not that I want to complain about a ranged AND elemental damage build buff but other than maybe high end dagallon and vortex of souls, it already runs circles around other guns.

i dont really see the point in nerfing retal into the ground when the game is just going into life support mode. just seems kinda silly to me. its not exactly everyone’s cup of tea, so im not seeing it being abused or anything…

6 Likes

Not excue, but fact. Now is extremely unfair to retaliation. Reduce from 1.4 until now 1.9.1. For balance, retaliation cant conter ground dmg, thats why the panel dmg looks very high, and gd have tons of maga boss, like anasteria.

And why not talk about blademaster, balance? Enhance again and again, is this a weak build?

2 Likes

Yeah, no. Crate doesn’t go around balancing builds with this kind of thinking/mindset - because that would be a ridiculous outlook.

Yes. That would be a bug or oversight of some kind. I’m sure that now that they are aware of it they will fix however that happened.

1 Like

lmao right? i tested MLs actual elessar BM build. its absurdly good

I’m fine with the retal nerfs and I like the element-specific % retaliation damage, but I think retal DoTs are getting inadvertently affected. For example, the trauma on Citadel won’t get boosted by Stoneguard anymore, and Mythical Divinesteel Shoulderguard’s % lightning doesn’t help the electrocute.

2 Likes

BM like a god now. And my warlord even cant kill a maga boss in short periods. So balance, amazing.

1 Like

tbf, my WL (to be specific, alkamos’ build) can kill superbosses in like under 2 mins, so its def strong, but its not realistic for people to be playing that build. it’s hard to make

Thank you for your update and hope you will continue to add new vitality to the game.

1 Like

def strong, but cant conter tons of dmg. Guess it, 2 Zantarin 1 ana 1 Aleksander, how can u conter it now? only 110k retaliation and very low added to attack. but bm can kill this combination very soon. BM can have 150K dmg on cadence easily without calculate the other dmg. But warlord limit now is 120K even less.

before 1.7.0 version, we have bomb sorcerer, aether ray, lightning ray and so on, all of them are T1. Now what we have on 1.9.1? BM! only blademaster on T1. thats funny.

3 Likes

nothing nothing nothing

6 Likes

59b8d21641affed6-goodbye-waving-tv-doctor-who-funny-gifs

5 Likes

It is an excuse and it should never be used to allow broken stuff. You don’t create all these stats, items, classes and so on only to have some builds outperforming much better than others, or outperforming well beyond what is intended by the developers.

Oh no, the clearly broken mechanic that got rightfully nerfed is being treated unfairily now.

You mean the super glassy build that kills very fast but a slight bump from an enemy will one shot it, requiring good piloting skills? Also needs a bunch of greens to achieve that damage? It’s not like previous iterations of retal builds couldn’t achieve similar damage while being near immortal. Yeah, good balance there.

3 Likes

imagine crying because retals are being nerfed so now you face tank calla for a 2min kill instead of 1 min without losing 20% hp.

9 Likes

Thanks for update.

Yes, I’ve tested it by successfully enabling God Mode in Crucible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oof. I didn’t even consider Cruc. Yeah, they’ll want to patch that up quick I imagine.

…wait, did they ship a dev build instead of a general public one by mistake?

why you think that?

Leave my Pets alone

Tbh, kind of need to retest my builds now. Been abusing something that just got fixed… Namely:

1 Like