Stop with the constant nerfs

You guys and your constant nerf crusades! Two major issues result from these:

1. Devs are distracted from doing really important work - fixing bugs. This game still has a lot issues, such as MP crashes, stash glitches, etc.
  2. People who come up with really creative builds prefer not to disclose those. I’m aware of at least 3 OP builds that our small HC community came up with in the last 6 months. All of them are kept secret for obvious reasons.

How is this good for the community and the game in the long run? Just because Pyran/Mortars show a bit more power than the Top Tier group of builds, we want the devs to drop everything and focus on rebalancing? This is not an online-only competitive game, like leagues of legends! A little OPness can’t hurt anyone, except maybe a few people locked on their fav builds as the ultimate reference point. From Diablo 2 to PoE to Diablo 3, the most epic and memorable moments for many players were related to OP builds. It’s boring when everything is perfectly balanced, when there are no unique synergies that [almost] break the game. I say, devs should add more skills/items/procs into the mix and let the game be for a while. Otherwise, only this handful of veterans and Praetorians will be all that is left of the player base…

3 Likes

Zantai is in charge of nerfs. And while he leads the GD team, he’s not the one who normally does bugfixes.

You mean OP creative builds? If you guys got the same OP criteria as the people discussing here, then those builds are gotta be using one of the items on the watchlist. They’re gonna be nerfed sooner or later as collateral damage.

The vast majority of players don’t get to care about endgame buffs and nerfs. They don’t even get to Ultimate!

For the record, I don’t want Pyran nerfed. Past a certain point the old ragtag mortar builds will become waaaaay better than the set of it’s nerfed enough. And that ragtag build is also a sub 6-min build btw.

If you want unique overpowered builds look to monster infrequents. Pyran’s and other shake and bake builds are all of equal low difficulty to assemble and are gradually being tuned accordingly.

That’s not my point. I’m not asking for OP builds. I’m asking @Zantai and the nerf group of Devs to leave this game alone for a while. I’m seeing a lot of frustration among our community members, mainly being unhappy about all this re-shuffling and re-balancing every few weeks. Remember, there are many casual and semi-causal players out there. Their pace is slow, but they too want to enjoy some very strong builds. They naturally gravitate towards OPness. Many never got to even try the retali warlord before it got slapped. Quite a few of our teammates actually uninstalled the game, after spending hundreds of hours trying to assemble the gear, just to see their dream destroyed right before they had any chance to get that OP feeling. Today there was another big debate on our GD discord server regarding the upcoming Pyran nerf and a couple more people decided to quit. Why? Because releasing a patch with broken/unintended mechanics/synergies and leaving it there for a few weeks before nerfing things is going to cause a lot of frustration among the players. There are many great games (with a much bigger player base than GD) where devs leave OPness alone for years and everyone wins in the end. Someone will always complain either way, so why cater to a small group of builders and their crazy pace, when you are losing a lot of customers in the process.

Bottom line, if Zantai is so obsessed with balance, - I encourage the testers to spend more time before releasing major updates, but once released, - leave the game alone till the next major patch!

Personally, I could care less, but some of my good friends are quitting just because of this ongoing practice, which is becoming very frustrating. I’m also annoyed by the fact that some of the top creative builders are upset and losing any interest to post strong builds in the future. To me, this is a serious issue and a sign of incorrect approach to game update cycles.

0.2 cents for what it’s worth

3 Likes

You’re not really wrong. The absolute obsession with balance and need to hotfix need everything is pretty absurd for a single player game with no official competitive aspects. Screams of devs being upset people aren’t playing the game exactly as they intended. Also, if it hurts you this much do better testing before releasing big patches.

Whatever nerfs do happen, I’m sure Mortar itself will be left alone while Storm Totem eats another round of nerfs.

/s???

1 Like

yeah nerfing storm totems and maelstrom has become quite the fashion these days

This isn’t a big patch. It’s a hotfix ffs. You don’t wanna wait for months for a “small patch”. I am indeed surprised that the patch is bigger than usual but nothing huge was really done this patch except for that bugfix on 2h weapons that weren’t updated. Crate just hasn’t achieved the balance they want just yet. If AoM is any indicator the next few patches (not hotfixes) will take 2-3 months.

Exactly! It’s a hotfix. And yet in this hotfix there are 100+ changes to items, classes and skills. Some of them render certain builds useless or nearly useless. Others force players to completely re-balance their gear and devotions. Changes like that with every hotfix? Really? If you live here, then for you it maybe fun, but to expect casual players, who spend 6 months to finish their fav build to have to work hard to respec now with every small hotfix?

2 Likes

This.
More casual and legit players that are trying to the best of their precious times will suffer waaaaaay more than the random GDstashing forum veteran that posts these 4 min cruci clear SR 200 builds…

3 Likes

Yes. this hotfix has been bigger than usual, but can you please cite anything that became unplayable after the patch? Everything I see here is just exaggeration.

1 Like

I think it’s not unplayable. But rather can’t achieve the same performance they want to achieve pre-nerf. Which is very disappointing by them.

For us builder we can just find another way and make another build, for them they can’t do such thing and depend solely on the builder. The new things made by the builders may also not be similar as that pre-nerf build and may not be in their preference.

That’s why like Glenn always said before in each patch. The one who is most hurting is the one in the middle, who work on making a build the builders have made.

Exactly this. Zantai has said several times to provide evidence where something has been changed that affects a build in a major way. The team can then look at it and decide what steps, if any, to take. They may make a change or they may not. Just complaining that a build is broken and/or dead doesn’t cut it and never will.

The thing is, the one who make that kind of report is the one who really passionate about this game like madlee and other regulars. The other will just rage quit, uninstall, and not looking back.

Even then, most of the time he usually get spurned by the Dev and praetorian instead… lol…

2 Likes

This is an exaggeration, too. :wink:

Most people, who play this game, will only see the QoL features and won´t see anything from nerfs/buffs because they don´t play the game that way. It isn´t noticeable for them or not so much as for all nerds like us.

1 Like

I am talking about the middle casual ppl, who are trying to make a serious build. Not ppl who just trying to beat the normal difficulty

1 Like

“Make” or “follow” a build? Huge difference. And what´s their goal? Beat campaign, farming Crucible/SR?
I have seen 1 build, which was nerfed to the ground and couldn´t perform in any way like before. Endgame and pre-Endgame. Dementia´s Dervish, very popular.

You know what happened. :wink:

Probably wont be able to add much value in here with saying you and your friends arent isolated cases - a lot of mid-class old timers (non-Praetorians/stashers) have gave up on the game due to the mantra “play the game how i want you to play”.
Even Superfluff (one of the few more vocal praetorians) have become silent/inactive.
And every time voices are raised they are crushed and ridiculed and little to nothing changes.

I would even dare to theoretize that so late in the games lifespan Crate isnt much interested to keep engaged and happy their passionate core player base- as these players are indeed a minority from statistics point of view.
Most new stuff is worked upon in light of the upcoming xbox release (since you cannot even dream to sell a copy to the console crowd without most of the features like auto loot etc).

Since FG launch every patch has been targeting to nerf melee (initially rightfully so in many cases) - however that didnt stop and now we have again Deathmarked set turned into garbage and having less stats than an Epic item.

Just reverse all the nerfs from last 5-6 patches and keep the as-is difficulty and things will be fine.

I definitely miss early and mid age Crate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rhylthar, I just want to said my piece, don’t want to start any argument, and don’t really care if someone get it or not. I am not as passionate as madlee.

In this game, I just want to make a build that hasn’t been made by others or using pieces, set, or skill that ppl deem useless. I could care less on this nerf fiesta on pyran, warlord, and whatnot. Though nerf on stormbox, wind devil, and storm totem tick me off.

1 Like

I know. :slight_smile:

I like your builds very much because they are different. If the nerfs are ticking you off…yeah, I can understand that. With my fixation on Bleeding builds I sigh at every nerf because of Shoot´s performance (:wink: ) and give feedback if I think it´s too much (you won´t see all my postings here, direct feedback).

1 Like

Yeah…and the buffs should stay? :rofl:

Or should they be gone, too? Would be fine indeed, with all the buffs to constellations (Physical Resistance anyone? RR on Revenant? Etc.), to sets (e. g. Bloodrager with Physical Resistance) and other things obliterated. And “Yes” please…don´t have a look a epic items Crate for the next patch…all was fine a few patches ago. :laughing: