Story feedback.

To be honest as much as I used to love to read I don’t read all that much anymore. It feels a bit hypocritical given how much I love to write. That said this games story has latched onto me and whenever I play now I can’t help but hope to pick up journals and notes so I can learn more about this setting. I haven’t been this invested in an arpg since Torchlight and Diablo II way before that. I think the lore is great and I love learning the history of this setting even if it is indeed quite grim.

I only have a few minor issues with it. The first is the lack of diversity among the characters. There don’t seem to be any non-white characters. Forgive me if I’ve missed any. I’m not expecting the setting to reflect real world cultures but a little variety would have been nice. The second is that while the overarching lore is great the individual characters feel a bit shallow. The lore is interesting and game play is great but there are few reasons for me to connect with the denizens I’m helping. I think part of that is because the writing leans on a few too many stereotypes-the woman who becomes a prostitute for survival’s stake and her male rescuer being a perfect example.

That brings me to my last and probably biggest issue-the way females are depicted in this game is via the use of some rather archaic tropes. Said desperate woman presents herself to her rescuer? It’s implied she sleeps with him. I couldn’t help groaning at that. There are a number of female characters and they all seem like either frail mothers or fallen maidens in need of rescue.

That sounds a bit harsh now that I look at it but yeah-you have great lore but the characters aren’t very deep and there are some groan worthy characterizations. I still think it’s pretty good all things considered. I just wish the characters were a bit more polished (and there weren’t as many repeated lines of dialogue). Again-I really love this game and think there’s far more good than bad. It’s just the stuff that’s not so good takes away from the rest a bit. Not a lot but enough I felt I should mention it.

Not sure what you’re on about - the females in GD are a lot more badass and tougher than any of the males, except for maybe Ulgrim.

Perhaps I’ve missed some. The only characters I’ve met so far are the ones in Devil’s Crossing. Care to explain who you mean? I don’t mind spoilers and would love to be proven wrong. Just please label it as such.

There’s Elsa, who goes out of her way to gain her independence and rid herself of a chivalrous/doting father figure. She’s not a bad sort, she’s just seems very competitive and wants to join the fight against the Aetherials.
There’s Captain Somer, leader of the Black Legion in Homestead. She’s basically a female grizzled warrior/general.
From lore there’s the Nightblade master Nidalla, whose methods were so effective that all Nightblades now consider her teachings part of their core training. The Arcanists have many female masters, from Iskandra to Olexra.

There’s basically a lot of important females in the Cairn, from all walks of life.

As for race, I was actually under the impression that everyone in Cairn was brown, in varying degrees.

Thanks for the feedback. From now on I’ll wait until I’ve met more of the characters before I go criticizing. As far as varying degrees of brown go-Heh fair enough? Again-this is an initial impression. I’m only level 30 and only just reached the ruins beneath old Arkova.

You’ve played very little of the game. Elsa is probably the first strong female lead you will meet and I wouldn’t be surprised if the devs have a special something planned for her in the expansion.

Then there’s Captain Somer in Homestead.

dbrs	sex	strs
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/gateguard01.dbr	Male	Rook - Gate Keeper
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/jailor01.dbr	Male	Hangman Jarvis
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_alex_01.dbr	Male	Alex
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_burrwitchhermit_01.dbr	Male	Harvey the Drifter
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_constance_01.dbr	Female	Constance
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_dcguard_idle_01.dbr	Female	Rose - Watchman
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_dcguard_idle_02.dbr	Male	Chester
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_jane_01.dbr	Female	Jane
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_lowercrossing_survivor01.dbr	Male	Faldis
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_lowercrossing_survivor01b.dbr	Male	Faldis
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_refugee_female01a.dbr	Female	Gertrude
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_refugee_female01b.dbr	Female	Gertrude
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_refugee_male01a.dbr	Male	Marcus
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_refugee_male01b.dbr	Male	Marcus
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_refugee_male02a.dbr	Male	Darian
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_refugee_male02b.dbr	Male	Darian
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_rovercamp_01.dbr	Male	Kuldo
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_roverjasper_01.dbr	Male	Jasper
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_roverprisoner_01.dbr	Male	Captive Rover
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_roverprisoner_02.dbr	Male	Captive Rover
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/devilscrossing/npc_spiritguide_01.dbr	Female	Sahdina
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/necro_champion_c01.dbr	Male	Death's Vigil ~ Dreadlord
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/necro_championf_c01.dbr	Female	Death's Vigil ~ Dreadlord
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_deathmark_01.dbr	Female	Deathmark Harra
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_guard_01.dbr	Male	Praetorian Zedlee
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_guard_02.dbr	Male	Black Legion ~ Footman
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_scout_01.dbr	Male	Renall Oberach
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_bloodharvest_male_01.dbr	Male	Neddie
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_bloodharvest_male_01rescued.dbr	Male	Neddie
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_bloodharvest_male_02.dbr	Male	Phil
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_bloodharvest_male_02rescued.dbr	Male	Phil
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_burnthetaken_female_01.dbr	Female	Bolvia 
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_burnthetaken_male_01.dbr	Male	Vaam
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_deanoldbarrow_01.dbr	Male	Dean Oldbarrow
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_dennyoldbarrow_01.dbr	Male	Denny Oldbarrow
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_homestead_chef_01.dbr	Male	Chef Brackham
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_homestead_child_01.dbr	Male	Lisa Thornsbury
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_homestead_female_01.dbr	Female	Daila Thornsbury
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_homestead_female_02.dbr	Female	Alex Elmsworth
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_infestedfield_farmer_01.dbr	Male	Oliver Thornsbury
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_infestedfield_farmer_02.dbr	Male	Henry Elmsworth
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_infestedfield_farmer_field01.dbr	Male	Oliver Thornsbury
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_infestedfield_farmer_field02.dbr	Male	Henry Elmsworth
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_infestedfield_farmer_field03.dbr	Male	Homestead Farmer
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_infestedfield_farmer_field04.dbr	Male	Homestead Farmer
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_josephinereddan_01.dbr	Female	Josephine Reddan
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_mariaoldbarrow_01.dbr	Female	Maria Oldbarrow
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_necro_female_01.dbr	Female	Laruka
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_necro_female_02.dbr	Female	Caaraka
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_necro_male_01.dbr	Male	Galarok
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_necro_male_02.dbr	Male	Ralukk
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_rover_female_01.dbr	Female	Dalla
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_rover_male_01.dbr	Male	Vig
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_01.dbr	Male	Rob Halloway
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_01hs.dbr	Male	Rob Halloway
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_02f.dbr	Female	Beatrice Summers
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_02fhs.dbr	Female	Beatrice Summers
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_03f.dbr	Female	Tricia Windborough
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_03fhs.dbr	Female	Tricia Windborough
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_04.dbr	Male	Taris Windborough
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_04hs.dbr	Male	Taris Windborough
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_05c.dbr	Male	Emily Larkson
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_smugglerpassrefugee_05chs.dbr	Male	Emily Larkson
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_trappedandalone_female_01.dbr	Female	Elara
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_trappedandalone_female_02.dbr	Female	Kaldara
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_trappedandalone_male_01.dbr	Male	Tarvic
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_trappedandalone_male_02.dbr	Male	Umkalo
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_zealot_female_01.dbr	Female	Sister Thaddia
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_zealot_male_01.dbr	Male	Brother Lector
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/npc_zealot_male_02.dbr	Male	Brother Ulnox
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/zealot_caster_b01.dbr	Male	Kymon's Chosen ~ Stormbearer
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdareac/zealot_championf_c01.dbr	Female	Kymon's Chosen ~ Blade Maiden
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdaread/npc_aldritchcaptive_01.dbr	Female	NULL
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/gdaread/npc_injuredsoldier_01.dbr	Male	Black Legion ~ Footman
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_elizabethskinner_01.dbr	Female	Elizabeth Skinner
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_elizabethskinner_02.dbr	Female	Elizabeth Skinner
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_fishingvillage_child_boy_01.dbr	Male	Oscar Jr.
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_fishingvillage_child_boy_02.dbr	Male	Oscar Jr.
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_fishingvillage_child_girl_01.dbr	Male	Judith
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_fishingvillage_child_girl_02.dbr	Male	Judith
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_fishingvillage_villager_01.dbr	Male	Jebediah
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_fishingvillage_villager_02.dbr	Male	Oscar
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_helenfletcher_01.dbr	Female	Helen Fletcher
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_helenfletcher_02.dbr	Female	Helen Fletcher
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_injuredrover_01.dbr	Male	Injured Rover
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_injuredrover_02.dbr	Male	Injured Rover
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_juliuscole_01.dbr	Male	Julius Cole
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_juliuscole_02.dbr	Male	Julius Cole
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_milahskinner_01.dbr	Female	Milah Skinner
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_milahskinner_02.dbr	Female	Milah Skinner
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_outlawdefector_01.dbr	Male	Horace
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_outlawdefector_02.dbr	Male	Frankie "The Knife"
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_outlawdefector_03.dbr	Male	Cronley's Gang Defector
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_outlawdefector_04.dbr	Male	Cronley's Gang Defector
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_rover_oldarkoviacamp_01.dbr	Female	Amkala
database/records/creatures/npcs/flavornpcs/homestead/npc_rover_twinfalls_01.dbr	Female	Palda
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_blacklegion_melee_female01.dbr	Female	Black Legion ~ Footman
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_blacklegion_melee01.dbr	Male	Black Legion ~ Footman
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_blacklegion_ranged_female01.dbr	Female	Black Legion ~ Marksman
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_blacklegion_ranged01.dbr	Male	Black Legion ~ Marksman
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_dc_melee01.dbr	Male	Brigs - Watchman
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_dc_melee02.dbr	Male	Oxley - Watchman
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_dc_melee03.dbr	Male	Chester - Watchman
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_dc_ranged01.dbr	Male	Mainard - Watchman
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_dc_ranged02.dbr	Female	Rose - Watchman
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_melee_female01.dbr	Female	Guardian
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_melee_female02.dbr	Female	Guardian
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_ranged_female01.dbr	Female	Ranger
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/guard_ranged_female02.dbr	Female	Ranger
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/roverguard_melee_stationarya01.dbr	Male	Rover Protector
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/roverguard_meleea01.dbr	Male	Rover Protector
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/roverguard_rangeda01.dbr	Male	Rover Protector
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/survivorguard_dcmeleea01.dbr	Male	Survivor ~ Defender
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/survivorguard_dcrangeda01.dbr	Male	Survivor ~ Scout
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/survivorguard_genericmeleea01.dbr	Male	Survivor ~ Defender
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/survivorguard_genericmeleeb01.dbr	Male	Survivor ~ Guardian
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/survivorguard_genericrangeda01.dbr	Male	Survivor ~ Scout
database/records/creatures/npcs/guard/survivorguard_genericrangedb01.dbr	Male	Survivor ~ Skirmisher
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/blacksmitha01.dbr	Male	Angrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/blacksmitha02.dbr	Male	Duncan
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/blacksmitha03.dbr	Male	Valdrick
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/blacksmitha04.dbr	Female	Hallena
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/blacksmithb01.dbr	Male	Horrus
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/blacksmithb02.dbr	Male	Etram Fald
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/bonusitems_01.dbr	Male	Kory the Keeper
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/caravana01.dbr	Male	Carlile
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/caravana02.dbr	Female	Hannah
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/caravana03.dbr	Male	Ogvald
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/inventora01.dbr	Female	Darlet
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchanta01.dbr	Male	Kerrick
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchanta02.dbr	Male	Luther Graves
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchanta03.dbr	Male	Isaiah Reddan
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchanta03b.dbr	Male	Isaiah Reddan
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchanta04.dbr	Female	Pavla
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantb01.dbr	Male	Benevald
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantb02.dbr	Male	Morris Burton
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantb03.dbr	Male	Brother Jarron
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantb04.dbr	Male	Palleor
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantc01.dbr	Male	Marris Kas
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantc02.dbr	Male	Karros Adal
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantc03.dbr	Male	NULL
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_blacklegion_01.dbr	Female	Thalia
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_blacklegion_02.dbr	Male	Klines
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_devilscrossing_01.dbr	Male	Ellis
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_exile_01.dbr	Male	Anasteria's Drudge
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_homestead_01.dbr	Male	Whitfield
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_kymonchosen_01.dbr	Male	Brother Mulven
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_kymonchosen_02.dbr	Male	Brother Adrius
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_orderdeathsvigil_01.dbr	Male	Keeper Malvor
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_orderdeathsvigil_02.dbr	Male	Keeper Poruuk
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantfaction_rovers_01.dbr	Male	Keeper Unkala
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/merchantt01.dbr	Male	Roving Merchant
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/reallocatora01.dbr	Female	Sahdina
database/records/creatures/npcs/merchants/testmerchantc02.dbr	Male	Luther Graves
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_alicia_01.dbr	Female	Alicia
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_alicia_02.dbr	Female	Alicia
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_avatarofmogdrogen_01.dbr	Male	Avatar of Mogdrogen
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_bernard_01.dbr	Male	Bernard
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_dariuscronley_01.dbr	Male	Darius Cronley
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_drewlarkin_01.dbr	Male	Drew Larkin
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_edmunddoyle_01.dbr	Male	Edmund "Shanks" Doyle
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_elsa_01.dbr	Female	Elsa
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_eva_01.dbr	Female	Eva
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_fishingvillage_child_boy.dbr	Male	Oscar Jr.
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_fishingvillage_child_girl.dbr	Male	Judith
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_ghost_minova_01.dbr	Female	Minova
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_greven_01.dbr	Male	Greven
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_hiram_01.dbr	Male	Hiram
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_hiram_02.dbr	Male	Hiram
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_isaiahreddan_01.dbr	Male	Isaiah Reddan
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_josephinereddan_01.dbr	Female	Josephine Reddan
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_mornay_01.dbr	Male	Mornay
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_necromancer_01.dbr	Male	Balvoruuk
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_necromancerghost_01.dbr	Male	Kalderos
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_quade_01.dbr	Male	Quade
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_roverelder_01.dbr	Male	Elder Mathias
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_silas_01.dbr	Male	Silas
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_stephenskinner_01.dbr	Male	Stephen Skinner
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareab/npc_stephenskinner_02.dbr	Male	Stephen Skinner
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_balvoruuk.dbr	Male	Balvoruuk
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_captain_01.dbr	Female	Captain Somer
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_deathmarkkadris_01.dbr	Male	Deathmark Kadris
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_deathmarkvallar_01.dbr	Male	Deathmark Vallar
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_scoutmasterlysell_01.dbr	Male	Scoutmaster Lysell
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_sergeant_01.dbr	Female	Sergeant Serriv
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_blacklegion_weaponsmaster_01.dbr	Male	Weapons Master Borrov
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_brotherelluvius_01.dbr	Male	Brother Elluvius
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_douglassoldbarrow_01.dbr	Male	Douglass Sullivan Oldbarrow
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_elsa_02.dbr	Female	Elsa
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_fatherkymon_01.dbr	Male	Father Kymon
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_inquisitorcreed_01.dbr	Male	Inquisitor Creed
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_isaiahreddan_02.dbr	Male	Isaiah Reddan
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_kalista_01.dbr	Male	Kalista
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_keeperoftomes.dbr	Female	The Keeper of Tomes
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_kymonemissary_01.dbr	Male	Brother Molltair
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_kymonemissary_02.dbr	Male	Brother Molltair
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_kymonsecret_01.dbr	Male	The Messenger
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_lisandra_01.dbr	Female	Lisandra Avery
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_lisandra_02.dbr	Female	Lisandra Avery
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_mastervaruuk.dbr	Male	Master Varuuk
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_mylafinegan_01.dbr	Female	Myla Finegan
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_mylafinegan_02.dbr	Female	Myla Finegan
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_nathaniel_01.dbr	Male	Nathaniel Thorn
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_necro_malkadarr_01.dbr	Male	Malkadarr, Champion of Death's Vigil
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_orderemissary_01.dbr	Male	Haruuv
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_orderemissary_02.dbr	Male	Haruuv
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_rallia_01.dbr	Female	Rallia
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_rallia_02.dbr	Female	Rallia
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_rallia_03.dbr	Female	Rallia
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_refugee_collin_01.dbr	Male	Collin Taverin
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_refugee_collin_02.dbr	Male	Collin Taverin
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_soulkeeper_01.dbr	Male	Soulkeeper Kaandris
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_soulkeeper_02.dbr	Male	Soulkeeper Kaandris
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_ulgrim_03.dbr	Male	Ulgrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_ulgrim_04.dbr	Male	Ulgrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdareac/npc_zealot_champion_01.dbr	Male	Archon Barthollem
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_battlemagemoira_01.dbr	Female	Spellbreaker Moira
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_captainreave_01.dbr	Male	Captain Reave
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_exile_01.dbr	Female	Anasteria
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_inquisitorcreed_02.dbr	Male	Inquisitor Creed
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_necro_malkadarr_02.dbr	Male	Malkadarr, Champion of Death's Vigil
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_quartermaster_01.dbr	Male	Weapons Master Edric
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_smithmaster_03.dbr	Male	Angrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_ulgrim_05.dbr	Male	Ulgrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_ulgrim_06.dbr	Male	Ulgrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/gdaread/npc_zealot_champion_02.dbr	Male	Archon Barthollem
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/bourboncloneguardian.dbr	Male	Flare Trap
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_bountytable_blacklegion_01.dbr	Male	Black Legion Bounty Table
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_bountytable_devilscrossing_01.dbr	Male	Devil's Crossing Bounty Table
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_bountytable_exile_01.dbr	Male	The Outcast's Bounty Table
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_bountytable_homestead_01.dbr	Male	Homestead Bounty Table
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_bountytable_kymonchosen_01.dbr	Male	Kymon's Chosen Bounty Table
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_bountytable_orderdeathsvigil_01.dbr	Male	Order of Death's Vigil Bounty Table
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_bountytable_rovers_01.dbr	Male	Rover Bounty Table
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_burrwitchbridge_01.dbr	Male	Burrwitch Bridge Repair Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_crystal_cronleysecret.dbr	Male	Aether Cluster
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_detonationsite_clearingtheway.dbr	Male	Detonation Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_detonationsite_conflagration.dbr	Male	Detonation Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_detonationsite_floodedpassageruin.dbr	Male	Detonation Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_detonationsite_fortikon.dbr	Male	Detonation Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_detonationsite_hiddenwealth.dbr	Male	Detonation Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_detonationsite_jaggedwastes.dbr	Male	Detonation Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_detonationsite_lowercrossing.dbr	Male	Detonation Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_detonationsite_oldarkovia.dbr	Male	Detonation Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_detonationsite_trappedandalone.dbr	Male	Detonation Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_endofareaplaceholder_01.dbr	Male	Captain John Bourbon
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_endofareaplaceholder_02.dbr	Male	Captain John Bourbon
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_endofareaplaceholder_03.dbr	Male	Captain John Bourbon
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_endofareaplaceholder_04.dbr	Male	Captain John Bourbon
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_endofareaplaceholder_05.dbr	Male	Captain John Bourbon
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_farmlandbridge_01.dbr	Male	Arkovian Foothills Bridge Repair Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_homesteadbridge_01.dbr	Male	Twin Falls Bridge Repair Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_lostarmaments_cannon.dbr	Male	Abandoned Cannon
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_necropolisbridge_01.dbr	Male	Necropolis Bridge Repair Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_oldgrovebridge_01.dbr	Male	Arkovian Foothills Bridge Repair Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_secretritual_01.dbr	Female	Bound Spirit
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/interactiveobjects/npc_wightmirebridge_01.dbr	Male	Wightmire Bridge Repair Site
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_barnabas_01.dbr	Male	Barnabas
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_captiveinventor.dbr	Female	Darlet
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_caravanmerchant.dbr	Male	Luther Graves
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_direni_01.dbr	Male	Direni
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_direni_02.dbr	Male	Direni
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_edwin_01.dbr	Male	Edwin
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_edwin_02.dbr	Male	Edwin
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_harmond_01.dbr	Male	Harmond
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_isaac_01.dbr	Male	Isaac
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_johnbourbon_01.dbr	Male	Captain John Bourbon
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_kasparov_01.dbr	Male	Kasparov
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_rescuedinventor.dbr	Female	Darlet
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_rescuedmerchant.dbr	Male	Luther Graves
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_rovermarcellus_01.dbr	Male	Torven
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_smithapprentice_01.dbr	Male	Duncan
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_smithapprentice_02.dbr	Male	Duncan
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_smithmaster_01.dbr	Male	Angrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_smithmaster_02.dbr	Male	Angrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_tomhart_01.dbr	Female	Sybil Hart
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_ulgrim_01.dbr	Male	Ulgrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_ulgrim_02.dbr	Male	Ulgrim
database/records/creatures/npcs/questnpcs/npc_witchgod.dbr	Male	The Attendant

I agree with Ceno, I think you missed a lot of the power-females.

I’d like to add anasteria to this. Even though she’s posessed, an Aetherial’s power depends a lot on that of it’s host. Besides she’s just cool.

AND also Kymon’s dual weilding Maidens and the Iron maiden Nemesis. Not interactive NPC’s but still, very bad ass

Umm, no

I wouldn’t call them bad ass, but rather a pain in the ass. Bitch doesn’t let you run away at all :mad:

Agreed on the Outcast, most helpful NPC in the game

That’s all very well and good, but I’m still appalled at the lack of gender diversity in Detonation and Bridge Repair Sites. :mad:

In all seriousness though, I think lack of diversity in Cairn is pretty much a non-issue - if there were even any minorities in the first place, they’d be even harder to find now that 99% of them are dead. :stuck_out_tongue: Then again, stuff like this has never bothered me much - I’d rather have a solid artistic vision than one catered towards appeasing the hot minority of the week. That said, I do like me a good strong female character, so I’m glad we ended up with a bunch of 'em (not that strong females are a minority anyway, but y’know).

…and yeah, everybody is so dirty-looking you can pretty much imagine them to have any skin colour you want anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s easy for the majority to be represented in the vast amounts of games that exist. Too bad, they feel that game companies are appeasing people by trying to get what any person wants - characters that represent them (the player). To see oneself in a character in a game, book, movie, etc. is a wonderful and powerful thing.

Too bad people in majority can’t empathize with that, or understand it. :frowning:

Having said that, these types of issues should fit within the storyline and not be shoe horned in. It should make logical and creative sense.

Do I think Cairn needs a more diverse group of people? I don’t know, it’s never crossed my mind. I play the game to help the people of Cairn and try to find a solution to the issue at hand - how to get rid of the Cthonians and the Aetherials. Seems top priority! :slight_smile:

Amongst the supporting characters are also numerous women: Darlet (DC), Dahlia (sort of ;); Mountain Deeps) and Daila (Homestead), and names not starting with D :stuck_out_tongue: Sahdina (DC), Alicia (New Harbor), Lisandra (Homestead) and Rallia (Blood Grove).

If anything I feel human females are underrepresented in the enemy factions. Not saying there aren’t any, but they are scarce.

It’s a well known fact that black guys die first. What did you expect?

No, no, no! It’s the red shirts! They die first! Then the characters without a name.

99% of the lore exists in the Notes you find

So unless and until you’ve read them you haven’t read the lore imo

I’m a minority myself, so I definitely understand the feeling - but as you say, it shouldn’t be forced in where it doesn’t belong. Considering how Grim Dawn has more or less avoided such topics so far, I don’t want to enter Act 5 and suddenly be greeted by the black trans leader of the local Ugdenbog cult and her racially-varied selection of gay best friends. :stuck_out_tongue: The final(?) act of a game about dropping meteors on monsters’ heads isn’t really the best place for that, and I suspect Crate know this too. I’m happy with the way things are now, and if there are ever to be any based-on-real-life minority characters in the game I’d rather they only have as much or as little attention brought to them as any other NPC in the game would.

There is a whole lot of appeasement going on, across the board in movies and TV and other areas. I’m fine with “diversity”, just don’t so obviously cram it down my throat coughJessica Jonescough 24/7. And then you get the ones that want to tell me I’m bad because I happen to be in the majority and should be ashamed of that little fact?

Anyway, that’s my thought on that particular issue. I’ll cut myself short before the cuss words start streaming out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I’m not sure about Jessica Jones and how anything was crammed down anyone’s throat. Any specifics there?

The only cramming I saw was the sex scene between her and Luke Cage. :wink:

My post doesn’t talk about if people should feel shame or what not. It expressed a sense that certain people don’t seem to have much empathy or understanding from those who are not like them.

The lesbian love scene between whats her name (chick from the matrix) in the very beginning of the very first episode. It was obvious to me what they were really doing there.

Anyway, I think there’s a bit too much empathy happening these days. A symptom of the Everybody Wins ideology. Except in the real world not everyone wins.

Don’t mind me. I have “feelings” about the topic. Not all of them nice or PC.

As for GD, yeah… Too late I feel to be adding it in without it being forced tho they could technically add in a new “people” in the expansion just fine I would think if they really felt it added to the world.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk