Story feedback.

Well Zidders, like some people already said, you should play the game a bit more. Only because you need to rescue the assistance of a mad scientist from a cellar full of things that shouldn’t be there, doesn’t mean that every single female will be a dansel in distress.

Although I do see and respect where this concern comes from. I’ve been gaming since the 90’s and I can say this is a real issue in the gaming scene. But if you put every female to be a badass it also become absurd, as well as all males being basass, and so on… Balance is the keyword here, and from my experience, Grim Dawn wins in that aspect.

Anyway, I will take the opportunity and give my personal feedback on the story though: Even if not all characters in general are that unique they are not bad either, and the world they created is good (well, actually it’s not good to live there unless you’re a badass, but you guys get my point). My problem though is that the last boss fight was a bit anticlimatic because it lacked a boss theme, and the story ends in a cliffhanger.

But then again, Diablo 2 also ended in a cliffhanger and only had a conclusion in Lord of Destruction, so I will await and see what the devs are cooking for the expansion…

And speaking of cooking…

trying to make a TTS Kaldor Draigo impression

I WILL AVENGE YOU, ULGRIIIIIM!!!

It’s nice to see I’m not the only one who thinks that last battle really needs epic fight music and a more elaborate cutscene.

Sure it will probably cause a lot of new players to lose their cool (combination of being too pumped up + a really intimidating boss/battlefield) and die more than a few times as a result, but at least they’ll go down in style.
Something to consider that’s not high on the priority additions wishlist.

the whole game (atleast most of the areas need music and there is even a whole soundtrack for GD which arent even being used right now… :frowning: GD soundtrack ) needs more music :stuck_out_tongue:

they atleast should make more :smiley:

I will bet they will make at least a few more tracks for the expansion, and maybe it will have some tribal-themed songs judging by the screenshots on the Illusionist reveal.

But not every place needs songs on my opinion. The Bastion of Chaos and The Steps of Torment are fine with just creepy ambient sounds, for example.

Indeed it seems so. I stand corrected and apologize for my ignorance. The last thing I’d ever want to do is make you folks feel like you’re doing something wrong when you’re not. :frowning:

I’m all for artistic visions. I just think it’s possible to have them AND be inclusive. That said as has been pointed out this game is fine as far as gender goes. That and it’s a fictional setting. I shouldn’t expect it to reflect reality, anyways.

Agreed. Sometimes forcing it can do more harm than good. It’s a tricky thing to do and appreciate the developers trying to be true to their setting.

Oh, you.

Good point. Also-Hi!

Upon reflection I agree.

Um nobody here is saying that (I know I haven’t). I see how it’s sort of relevant but I can’t help feel you’re projecting a bit much.

Again-not really relevant. I would like to point out though that LGBT folk like me have had to deal with decades of having straight love scenes shoved down our throats. Most of us manage to accept it. I’m sure you’ll survive. :slight_smile:

Thank you for this post. I agree with it 100%

I also thank Crate for being patient with my post and with my unfairness towards them. I apologize for misjudging your game. I also thank (most of at least) the community for being respectful.

Agreed.

Hello zidders. This is powbam’s ghost “projecting” his vengeance from beyond the grave. WoooOoOoOo! That’s right… A random lesbian love scene finally got me. Everyone said it couldn’t happen but as you can plainly “see”

they were wrong. I don’t want to go into details of what I was doing when it happened but lets just say I thought it would be a lot more fun than it was.

As the new El Presidente’ of Ghostly Projections Against Rando Lesbian Love Scenes On TV or GPARLLSOT (for short) I would urge all members of the GD forums to vigorously avoid rando lesbo love scenes. Please heed my warning. Keep your pants guard up. I let mine down and look at me now :frowning:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

And with that the mods can feel free to close this puppy up. Thanks for the convo, everybody!