[Suggestion] Can we get Chaos Damage Converted to Cold Damage added to Olexra's Chill?

After playing around and further refining my Cold/Acid ABB Witch Hunter I noticed that there is a noticeable shortage of Chaos Damage Converted to Cold Damage among all equipment, but particularly if you go for melee Witch Hunter. I wanted to see what other players did with the Chaos Damage from SWF and Possession, so I searched the forum and here are the only two builds I could find:

Both builds have no way to convert that flat Chaos they get from SWF/Possession, whereas my build converts up to 30% to Acid, but none to Cold.

By going for Cold ABB as a WH you have few options to use, so it’s no surprise with the use of Olexra’s Chill. Here are some options I have for this weapon to gain conversion:

1. Since Olexra’s Chill only supports 3 skills currently and have modifiers to 2, there could be an additional skill to support such as SWF (or maybe BoD). I think something like this would work:

• +3 to Solael’s Witchfire
    • 20 Cold Damage to Solael’s Witchfire
    • +50% Cold Damage to Solael’s Witchfire
    • 100% Chaos Damage Converted to Cold Damage to Solael’s Witchfire
  2. The other (easier) option would just be to give Olexra’s Chill a global 50% Chaos to Cold conversion. This would force you to use 2 if you want the full conversion though and your Attack Speed suffers as a result…

Seeing that Olexra’s Chill has no Attack Speed, I think the first option is the better of the two as it will make the slower strikes you make hit harder from the added flat and % Cold. Having the conversion for SWF at 100% seems reasonable as it’s only for Occultist-based class combos.

What do you all think? Any other options or equipment you can think of to get more of this conversion?

3 Likes

I agree with both suggestions, though I have one more:
add some attack speed to the weapon (maybe instead of %OA or sth like that).
weapon really needs it.
also mods to ABB could get some lifting as pure cold ABB (on WH at least) is kinda weak today.

in addition, though, I wanna point out that OFF mods of the weapon is kinda useless.
OFF is just a CC-skill, not a damaging one. And if you want to do some overkills, you’d rather take green mace for extra sec duration instead of some flat damage.

2 Likes

Cool idea, might lead to cooldown cold ABB+ Phantasmal Blades Witch Hunter(alternative to reaper or spellbreaker), though I doubt that it will be overpowered or something so any chaos>cold conversion is welcome.

1 Like

I think the reason why global Chaos->Cold conversion is so hard to get is because they don’t want you to fully convert Nether Edge. I guess that changed with Galeslice’s Mark, Saboteur has been getting a lot of love as of late.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.