[Suggestion] Hybrid Combination Skill tree

In this game when combining 2 classes you achieve just name like

Combining the Necromancer with another Mastery forms the following hybrid classes:

Apostate (+ Inquisitor)
Cabalist (+ Occultist)
Death Knight (+Soldier)
Defiler (+ Demolitionist)
Reaper (+ Nightblade)
Ritualist (+ Shaman)
Spellbinder (+ Arcanist)

My idea consist of giving each of this hybrid classes special skill tree
(sort like idea we have seen in zenith mod).

Different skill tree is unnecessary work but special bonuses would be good.

And this or a similar idea has already been made a while ago. Zantai’s said not altering/adding/playing around with the masteries, level cap is staying the same as is the devotion cap.

So, make the game more of a nightmare to balance? Yeah, Zantai wants that. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the hybrid skill tree having to account for pretty much every possible build with that class.

I mean, the fact that you can pick and choose skills from two different masteries is a hybrid system in itself, isn’t it? I like when that kind of thing is left up to the player rather than being explicitly spelled out, and I don’t think any benefit from doing the latter is worth the sheer effort it needed to do it well.

I think having unique modifiers selectable similar to the unique affixes on the “conduit amulets” would not be game breaking at all. Just increases diversity further.

Commando
300 burn damage over 3 seconds to Blade Arc
100% bleeding damage converted to burn damage to Blade Arc

Increases dueation of Menhir’s Will by 5 seconds
+5% DA to Menhir’s Will

Increases Maxed resistances by 5% to Menhir’s Bulwark etc

These are modifiers only selectable with certain combinations. Rather than have everything from items etc

This is how hybrid class was done in Runes of Magic.

They have unique skills for hybrid class and a primary and secondary class build. For example, a priest + knight is a divine incarnation but a knight + priest is a paladin. Skill of each class is seperated into general skill and class specific skills. General skills can be accessed by player all the time no matter the class is a primary class or secondary class while class specific skills can only be accessed while the class is selected as primary class. Anytime players can switch in between both combo and fulfill different role.

Recyling my reponse from last month… :wink:

Maybe you could do this in a different game, where each mastery has a smaller skill tree.

On the other hand we might already have something similar in place through item sets and other build defining gear.[/QUOTE][/INDENT]