Grim Misadventure #142: A Shattering Revelation

Newbie hereā€¦ I jist wish there is an exclusive skill tab for classesā€¦ Like blademaster having its own akills tab or maybe modifying skills like shadow strike into having diffrent effects depending on classā€¦ But thiS new game mode is soooooo cooolll

I think this covers a lot of what roguelike dungeons offer, but stay tuned for some cool changes coming to roguelike dungeons in a future update. :wink:

As neat as that would be, weā€™re talking about 28 possible combinations already. :eek:

Ikrā€¦ But damn that would be like ground breakingā€¦ But i still love this game never thought id play a game this hard thanksā€¦ Cant wait for FG

Ikrā€¦ But damn that would be like ground breakingā€¦ But i still love this game never thought id play a game this hard thanksā€¦ Cant wait for FG

so something like Paragon levels from D3 ? ugh, no thanks, I like my char being complete instead of having an ever-shrinking carrot dangled in front of me

Oddly enough this is a somewhat popular request. I even asked for it way back. If you want to browser the recent discussions, see these threads from March, April and May. :wink:

This reminds me of GRifts from Diablo 3.

That being said PLEASE DO NOT! DO NOT! Make it like the skeleton dungeons where you cannot come back to it. Itā€™s a good challenge but man it makes things frustrating.

I would like it that you can come back.

The expulsion should be done only AND ONLY IF the timer is out. Like a crucible thing but with the time limit being the only expulsion mechanism. If you die before the timer expires then you should be able to make a rift to come back to that spot.

That being mentioned. Another mod to fill in the other mods of the new expansion culminating logically into a new long play of Grim Dawn.

You will be able to re-enter an active dungeon. Missing the timer does not kick you out either.

You will also have the option of abandoning a dungeon and starting over if you find yourself overwhelmed (at the cost of all that sweet sweet loot!).

Nice nod to the Neverending Story!

Falkor is the final boss :cool:

Final boss is obviously gonna be Artax.

Will enemies still drop loot or will we only get the loot from the reward chests?

(Iā€™m used to not being honored with a reply from you, but maybe it helps if I just keep throwing questions at you. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I feel like that is the missing part hereā€¦ Anyways still looking 4wardā€¦ FG hope its not the last

So basically, randomized dungeons using ā€œfamiliar but notā€ parts of areas? Just wanting to know for sure if its that, or going to be from a set pool of generated areasā€¦ hoping for randomized layouts each time is all, as opposed to the same crucible layouts, etc(not bashing at all, it fits for that mode :slight_smile: ). Just hoping for lots of variety. :smiley:

Beating a dead horse? :eek:

The puns are real

That would be awesome, and the fight will take place in the swamp, where ironically Artax will try to push you toward sinking muddy pools of death.

Artax lives forever!!!

looks promising! :slight_smile:

Race against the clock for more loot? Feel bad for those playing with super tanky builds that donā€™t one-shot everything and anything ;/
Otherwise, a really cool and welcome and wanted addition :slight_smile:

ā€¦
ā€¦

• Skipping trash and running to the boss? hurah for mobility augments with lowest cd?
  • Shard? Chunk? So chunks have set/random amount of shards/zones and upon completing a chunk/all chunks something happens? Or is it an indicator for difficulty? Or both?
  • Is the timer really needed? same for mutatorsā€¦ We have a crucible already.
  • Please no dynamic blockades :frowning: the thought of blood grove 2.0 makes me cry :cry: please? :cry:

Iā€™m just itching to learn more and feel like more than half details were left out:D

Reading it once again iā€™m a bit worried about this " clocking" thing. Iā€™m not a big fan of those rushy modes where you have to skip everything and just strife ahead. Hope it wonā€™t be too pushy.