[Suggestion] New 2 hand class?

oathkeeper has 2hand wps too. necro gets 2h exclusive transmuter for its bone wave attack. inquisitor has 2h exclusive transmuter for its buff word of power.

simply put, crate has already put a great selection of gears and skills for 2 handed melee/ranged build. if anyone wants a new mastery in gd, they shouldn’t hope for it. since crate only release new mastery bundled with a major expansion, which is very unlikely to be made at this point. since crate seems want to continue the gd main plot in a sequel.

Not to mention more masteries makes it harder for each mastery to stand out from each other, thematically and playstyle-wise.

So can we stop with these new masteries threads already?

Thanks all. As I said, still it feels lacking in my opinion and. I did not buy the game yesterday :smiley: I have spent some time with every class (from pure to combos and still playing)

I should have checked that they are not going to release anymore expansions.

I like to enjoy the progress not end-game (I am enjoying with the current game anyway) But I must remember what ever game it is, its just numbers in the background with any functions and should not expect more. Some people like to crack it to maximize, I like to connect with the character.

You can delete the post to reduce cluttering

CHeers and Thanks again

Could you elaborate please? What class would you like to see, how would it look? What do you mean by “end game boils down to few builds” when there are hundreds viable builds in the forum? I would say you could take Occultist and combine it with any other class and make a successful 2h build and in multiple ways but maybe you just don’t know how.

Have you read builds people make on a daily basis? I can assure you they immersed themselves in the created characters. They search for portraits, make illusions, often write back stories… I feel like you’d like classes that perfectly match your chosen archetypes (bad boi 2-hander kinda class) but Grim Dawn is by design not like that, classes are flexible/blurred/templates but if you make an effort and use of thousands of existing items, illusions and imagination, you can create an incredible number of characters that you can easily connect to and role-play.

Sorry for rumbling and maybe incorrectly assuming what you mean. It’s just hard for me to understand your point, too little specifics too much waffle in my opinion. What you think is missing in GD I think actually carries this game to this day. I also see the possibility I’m wrong because I’m not an incredibly experienced player and what I’ve written is more an impression than a fact.

A proud member of the Defenders of Cairn - a group of easily triggered GD fanboys defending the game on various message boards with blinders on

1 Like

in 2handed melee niche, i can imagine gd has roughly these selection of archetypes i’ve remembered seeing around the build sections. such as:

-knightly chivalrous 2handed inquisitor/soldier/oathkeeper with physical/fire/elemental 2h sword/hammer
-dark warrior handed necro/nightblade/occultist/shaman like you suggest with chaos/physical obsidian juggernaut or cold/vitality/piercing 2h scythe grim reaper, or dreeg’s 2h melee acid/poison witch hunter (rancour 2h sword or something), or conjurer/ritualist with chaos set that transform primal strike into chaos damage thus.
-wildly berserking beastly 2handed shaman/soldier/occultist/inquisitor/necro like primal titan of lightning 2h ultos warder/vindicator or physical/internal trauma/bleeding warder.
-heavy swordsman/assassin 2handed nightblade/shaman/soldier with pierce/bleed/cold nidalla 2h sword or some 2h bleeding axe wielder (not sword i know, but it make things bleed)
-battlemage 2handed arcanist/inquisitor/necro/nightblade/soldier with some exotic 2h melee weapons focusing on elemental or some other magical damage. i don’t know much.

well, those are what i remember when thinking about 2h melee archetypes. and all of them of course has builds that shows how are their capabilities when handling end tier content. i listed those rough list to give op some choices on what kind of 2h melee (i assume op want melee) builds grim dawn can offer, that will satisfy op’s aesthetic preference.

the 2h archetypes can also be simplfied as knight of light, knight of darkness, assassin, berserker, or battlemage.

most of them will have a dark vibe (its grim dawn…), but if you want some righteous noble vibe, look at soldier/inquisitor/oathkeeper 2handed melee builds.

2 Likes

Personally, although everyone ive read has limited this weapon to Forcewave builds, on the back burner of my many many build ideas I have yet to experiment with is a 2 handed defense based support style build rocking This thing

Even though Inquisitor Seal is a sorta clunky skill, I really like the idea of extending their lifespan and theoretically enabling the ability to multi-layer seal upon seal.

2 Likes

If you want to experiment with classes etc play a mod like grimmilion or dawn of mastery’s which has loads of classes.As for the standard game i actually like it as it is.If there’s a new expansion then maybe dev team will add another class or maybe not.

I don’t think FG are the last expantion.There’s a big open world that eks to be filled.All in dew time but even with that being said.It doesn’t mean there will be new classes

Maybe, but more likely to be a sequel than another expansion.

"powbam: and this pretty much confirms GD expansions are for sure done. Even tho ive already felt that.

Zantai: I thought I’ve been pretty blunt about a possibility of a gdx3, hah. All things considered, FG did very well, but it just doesn’t make sense for the team and for the game to bloat things with a third expansion. A 10th mastery would just blow up items."

Thats what I feel there is. Shaman has plenty 2 hand melee skills, while others have one-two transmuters. I dont know what to say in general, I always avoided 2 hand builds because of this but I will try a few and see.

Thanks for the tips,

I am already trying most of these. I was lost in chaos damage ones (and in the end I will end up with the Conjurer that doesnt conjure anything :P)

1 Like

I noticed somethings that did not make sense so I edited my post. Sorry about that. Too much thesis stress lately :slight_smile:

Dont worry buddy, it may have sounded like complaint but its not.

This 2 hand i have in mind if it was something between shaman-soldier in its essence with emphasis on physical/bleed or something like that, would be nice.

What I especially mean by limited feeling of 2 handed melee class is ;

There is dual-wield Nightblade

Shaman 2 handed melee (physical-lightning) (in my case Conjurer as class is confusing. It will not use summons. Ofcouse I should not be bothered with it ) I mean occultist-shaman feels like its meant for summoning and boosting pets.

Inquisitor dual-wield ranged

I am doing all the stuff you mentioned other than checking peoples builds :slight_smile: I tweak the char on the go etc.

In the end I am going to build all the combinations anyway its just Conjurer will be double :smiley:

1 Like

try to look at devouring swarm (shaman skill that summon swarm of bug to debuff & damage enemies) as conjured summons. sure, they aren’t pets. but they are certainly conjured beings. fitting with the shaman’s wilderness & darkish magic vibe. devouring swarm is also one of the best skill to debuff enemy vitality & bleed resistance. its a must skill for vitality/bleed builds that has shaman as mastery.

also, shaman’s wendigo totem that heals and gives your attack some lifesteal can be considered conjuring summons. since you place a totem that summons a wendigo evil spirit that gives you the power of vampire.

summons are not always what player can direct to move and attack enemies with their own intelligence. i even view dealing DoT damage on enemies (burn, electrocute, bleed, etc) as using temporary summon to attack enemies. since the DoT stick to the enemies for awhile and giving player opportunities to do something else like kiting or using different skill combos (just like how summoner playstyle are played).

my final thoughts on conjurer is that conjurer can also be used as caster/dps builds other than as summoner. there are many great conjurer builds out there.

i hope you can have a great time playing your builds to alleviate your thesis stress.

1 Like

Thats true, sometimes it doesnt go in your way. I have a build that I managed to get life steal to 50-60% if im not mistaken with Reaper, but to survive I have to hit to increase survivability I was using pneumatic breath and blade trap (back off a bit and come back, also has life steal) which was not I had in mind but it works. Just some of my resistaces are low keeping me from progressing in ultimate. Need some farming.

I’m curious here but have you not seen the sheer number of endgame builds here on the forum? People don’t play GD because it has a lack of builds - no matter if its endgame or everything in between.

Its not about the forum, its from the people I played with. Their suggestion did not have much in it, and I dont check builds, I build myself thats how I entertain myself. Maybe it was a wording mistake. But I know you can have 44 (With different weapon choices 144 possibilities as far as I can guess Im sure there is more) builds. For sure not all of the mare viable or lacks synergy but still playable to some point.

My point is totally off from the beginings. I asked if there is going to be a new class that has 2 hand focus. I stated my opinion and thats all. I will edit it out. just to not to confuse someone interested in the game. Its really not what I wanted to say. I just dont like relying on other peoples builds. I observed something I had someting in mind and stated it. The chaos builds did not satisfy me thats all. No complaints no nothing I love the game as it is

2 Likes

I also enjoy developing my own builds, and most of them are never end game viable, but when they happen to be even half viable in the end game boy does that feel great!

I would also caution you against not looking at other people’s builds, and suggest reading through a few of the guides every now and then, about other people’s builds, because you will wind up getting ideas from it in one way or another, often times not even related to that build at all, but rather specifically related to maybe an item or a skill, the mechanics and how it works, or how everyone’s using it and how it could be used differently! These are all really fun things to explore.

3 Likes

I don’t often find ones I think are super interesting, because I like weird stuff and my enjoyment comes from the journey of level 10 to level 75. Which is usually when I jump to another idea.

One of the more interesting and honestly really fun builds for farming the campaign is This one. It’s a 2 hand build, and a very interesting and flexible one, made by @Contragor. Its focused on immortal minions, but you can really play around and make it how you want. I got a lot of great ideas from playing it! Highly recommend it!

2 Likes

Exactly how I do :smiley: sometimes ideas are so much, I have to stay away from the game for a while get back to real life :smiley: Thank you so much for the suggestion. I started building oppressor, this blade spirit idea seems great.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.