[Suggestion] Please remove CD from Pestilence of Dreeg Plague skills

Having used Pestilence of Dreeg for a bit both with my Acid/Vitality DW Gunslinging Dark One Sentinel that I am in the process of updating as well as a new Vitality DW Gargabol Dark One Pyromancer I will be posting in the next few days, I can safely say that the 6 sec/6 sec Duration/CD with the Plague skills needs to be updated and improved.

Using the skill should be more like Bloody Pox or Aether Corruption (from Seal of Corruption) where it has no CD so you can reapply it with much greater ease. It’s quite frustrating to not be able to reapply the Plague if something goes wrong the first time you use it, not due to the loss of -10% RR to any relevant type, but that you cannot reliably use it to proc Devotion skills.

If outright removal of the CD is too much, then something like a 1 or 2 second CD would be so much easier to work with.

2 Likes

I would just add something else - change also CD/duration on Ravager’s Deatgaze to be the same and perhaps increase the range. The skill is not great to use.

Honestly, I haven’t noticed the Plague spread from corpses like Bloody Pox. Maybe that’s why the Plagues are terribad? 6sec CD and doesn’t spread when dead? :thinking:

I’ve noticed it spreads when the target is alive, but not when they’re dead. Perhaps the spread chance and radius is low?

Doesn’t that depend on that if you have corpses allowed in options?

Yup, usually Gore needs to be off. Mine always is since I love my some Occultist and Bloody Pox spreads fine, but Plague does not appear to. I’m going to look at the game files to see if there’s something I can find.

1 Like

So looking at the game files, it appears that Bloody Pox has a much faster spread and triple the # of max hops (0.7 interval/15 max spread versus 1.5 interval/5 max spread). So the much higher interval is what makes it seems to not appear to spread around…

To compete or at least be viable, the Plagues need to have the spread dropped and targets increased to be more in line with the contagion spread of Aether Corruption (0.7 interval/10 max spread).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.