[Suggestion] Support for Acid Soldier

IIRC you actually can, it’s just a design decision on Crate’s part to avoid confusion.

1 Like

RR mods to Guardian apply to Celestial Presence and not the pet itself. So yeah, skill mods can apply to mastery skill nodes outside of the main one.

Now if can apply to nodes like Deadly Momentum and Lethal Assault since they are temporary buffs, that’s another thing.

Because cold BM got a specific amulet that converts Cadence damage into cold

Yes but that is only on the third hit not the other two. The same is true for aether. Acid also has this option. If there is no global conversion then DM is not converted for the other two hits.

I tried these two versions of cold Cadence
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EmRBP2
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkQgglV

and what made the difference is more RR and that aura (phys res mainly) on Bane even though Alkamos’ Sword has higher WD and global phys to cold conversion.

iirc it converts all hits not just cadence hit

@Stupid_Dragon, can you confirm or am I wrong?

I have read many times on the forum that it only changes the third one. But it would be nice if it is all. Who really understands Cadence…

I think that the mechanics is such that DM is a global bonus and therefore it is converted only with global conversion but if Cadence has conversion then for the third hit that damage is converted because it is added as flat for that Cadence hit. Seen somebody somewhere say this (even many times).

I found the discussion about it here.

I believe modifiers on cadence only convert flats on Cadence hit, so, in basic attack that prepares next cadence, DM buff will be only converted by global conversion. Tooltip doesn’t show probably because it shows the single hit cadence damage. But never tried a build with Cadence modifier before so can’t be sure.(oh except crimson claws; same applies there aswell.)

Didn’t test it personally but as far as I know all Cadence skill mods apply only on discharge.

3 Likes

Agree. I tried acid cadence DK in AoM and it was not great, so you have +1 from me too.

4 Likes

lol, it’s like me saying I tried Fire Reaper, it was not great but atleast that build had some level of RR.

2 Likes

Well from RR point of view Fire Reaper is better compared to some Battle Mage builds with no RR support in masteries. :wink:

1 Like

You’re under arrest.

com-gif-maker

10 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Can’t say there’s a lot of room to maneuver in gear these days to squeeze in more stats or skill bonuses, but we’ll investigate.

I can see Slithbane having conversion and +2 to Soldier instead of +4 to Cadence though.

Let me give the community a quick run down of what a bug is, since there seems to be some confusion…

A bug…something the game does that contradicts expected function due to an error in the code or database. The way armor is calculated relative to flat damage sources is not a bug. It is the way all damage was coded to function since the ancient mythological times (read: TQ). The game was balanced around this behavior.

Now…if we want to get into bugs, the closest thing would be how converted Physical damage ignores this armor interaction…since it comes up so often. :wink:

That mechanic in itself is not a bug either due to the order of events on the backend. But if there were any aforementioned “bugs” we’d be fixing, I know which one I would address…

I almost had to like my first forum post. Barely dodged that one.

8 Likes

Probably the best solution, pleases both cadence and BA.

Apart from MQC, Slithbane and this coven pendant i can think of some niche MI’s such as:

• Basilisk Mark, RoS mod in particular - after MI mace was introduced it kind-a became redundant, and it even has +3 to NJE for some reason
  • Korvan Gaze (it misses level 94 version for some reason) - it’s fine for levelling… and that’s it. MI helmets, except for Magi’s one are inferior to purple or epic ones.

and Venomancer’s Guile - the conversion is fine, mods duplicate venomblade’s hood.

/>Looking at Warborn set bonuses, Markovian Pieces, Rebuke, Safe Shield, Oleron’s hand, Temper, Physical Augments and 100 other things that i couldn’t remembered from the top of my head

/> okay…

What about them?

Other than none of you seem to understand how that armor interaction works.

Genuinly don’t know what can be wrong about them:

Thanks for zooming in on it for me, eyesight’s not what it used to be now that I’m in my 30s.

3 Likes

Please don’t be offended by grey’s zooming tendencies, he was born this way:

Click me indicates it’s getting worse.

3 Likes