Suggestion to add Tonic of Devotion

Currently, when you’re at level 80+, you probably farm items. The price of legendary item is about 3k iron bits. Wouldn’t be cool if there would be a purpose to actually break (dismantle) them for reliable source of some materials (the only source, actually). So this topic is about adding to the game a new item – Tonic of Devotion – about crafting it, materials needed and the use of Inventor’ Dismantle feature.

Also, here i suggest how to improve existing Dismantle UI – Suggestion to improve Dismantle UI

The Tonic of Devotion can be used at any level, it’s a consumable item which grants a Devotion point in case the user has not reached maximum devotion points yet.

The tonic is not easy to get (and not hard, just time-consuming) and if you want to gain 55 points with your new character which just got access to Item Transfer Stash, well sure, all you need is to have 55 such potions. Basically, the idea is to make it possible to get at max level, if you have a lot of legendary items and have a lot of dynamites, you can convert it into these tonics.

Now, how we do it? Glad you asked. Here is my idea/suggestion:

1. When the player dismantles a legendary item, depending on its level, it will drop X amount of Devotion Shards. The higher the level of the legendary item, the more shards drop, for example:

• 50-59 legendary item drops 1-2 shards
    • 60-69 leg drops 1-3 shards
    • 70-79 leg drops 2-4 shards
    • 80-89 leg drops 3-5 shards
    • 90+ leg drops 4-6 shards

When breaking any legendary item, there is a constant 5% chance to have critical success, which results in triple the amount of shards. The “Devotion Shard” itself is a 1x1 inventory cell item, stacks up to 1000.

1. The crafting of a single Tonic of Devotion requires 100 Devotion Shards. The crafting itself can be implemented differently, here are some suggestions:

• The crafter is a NPC at some Fangs of Asterkarn location (cave, cellar etc.) or dungeon. I do like such approach the most.
    • The crafting recipe can be purchased in Revered tab of main Fangs of Asterkarn’ faction quartermaster (for iron bits).
    • The crafting is immediately available at Fangs of Asterkarn’ smith (just like crafting of Dynamite is available at Homestead’ smith)

So, with this approach, to craft the single Tonic of Devotion player needs:

• about 20 x 90+ level legs
  • about 20 x dynamites

Thank you for reading and for any feedback :slight_smile:

you mean how it’s already one of the best sources of rare/violet crafting materials (hearts/brains/bloods etc) ?

i don’t mind the suggested addition, as long as it doesn’t impact the current system, since that would be a severe downgrade for something that only minor benefits alt chars

1 Like

Too much unnecessary complexity. Both in code and to explain to new players. Just make this tonic a very rare, random drop from dismantling if you really must.