Suggestion with Education, School and Experience for citizens

Hello!

I’ve been playing the game for a few hours already and I loved it, really nice work. I’m a very experienced player in strategy games of this kind and while playing I felt like the education sistem is almost non-existing. You just need education for 2 jobs, you get your first by random and you just build a school and everything is over, no fun.

Before explaining my suggestion I want to apologize for my english, I’m spanish so I’ll do my best.

So here comes my idea:

Job experience for every citizen for different groups of jobs. Example: A lovely citizen works doing shoes so he gains experience on it. But that would be “Crafting” experience so that citizen can work on doing shirts with the same level.
So you could have job groups like “Wood related” “Mine related” “Farming” “Crafting” Etc…
So with this experience, citizens could work on the School to educate other people on theyr same job group. This way you really need to be aware of what’s going on in School and about the education of your citizens.
Another idea coming from this is to add a minimum level of experience for different kind of jobs. For example: Is not the same working in the mine gathering iron than working on the forge. Both would be “Mine related or Ore related” jobs but mine gathering doesn’t require any experience while the forge does. So for example : mining lvl 0, forge lvl 1 and blacksmith lvl 2 of required experience. Adding this education would become something crucial in the management of the town.

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

This is a really cool idea. It would also force a tradeoff between putting everyone in a new job every year to minimize commute vs. keeping them in the same job over time to increase productivity.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.