Suggestions: In Game Tutorials, and Micro Map

So I found this game over the weekend and can’t believe how addictive it is!!

The graphics are beautiful, and the game itself is fairly organic and sometimes infuriating (I’m only on Pacifist.)

Two things I would like to see are:

• In game tutorials to learn the basics. I found I spent a lot of time restarting after figuring something out, or stopping to try and find a YouTube video.

Also, a micro map would be nice, coupled with a cheap way to permanently remove the “fog of war.”

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are already tutorials in the game for many things. You click on the production window and guides about it will come up, etc.

Which basics are you struggling with that you feel should have a tutorial?

I Suggested add Preview generated map
As temporary solution App can be used.

WOW, I’m impressed that someone from the game actually in on these forums. :slight_smile:

Okay, background on me:
I play Age of Empires 4, Cossacks 3, Hearts of Iron 4

I bought FF on Saturday and have already played 26 hours - luckily it is my birthday weekend, so the wife didn’t kill me. :smiley:

FF is different in is execution from these. I’ve been watching YouTube videos by Farthest Frontier Builder, and Kysen - there are a lot of little things in FF that would be good to know about - if that makes sense?

For Example, I would never have thought to, or known I can transplant Blue Berries if it wasn’t for Kysen’s video.

I haven’t even looked yet, but I’m curious how combat works.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Oh, you might say he’s around now and then. :wink:

Zantai’s effectively Crate’s community manager so yes, you will see him posting quite often especially here in Ideas & Feedback and also in the Bug Reporting sections of the forums.

1 Like

So that’s an example of a non-essential mechanic. Since it’s not required to build an effective town, we let players discover it on their own.

Combat does have tutorials for the basics, but since Frontier is not an RTS, you will not find the same detailed controls that you have in games like Age of Empires.

Is there anything else?

Nope, thank you for taking the time to reply. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.