Taking Advantage of Crit Damage!

So I decided to stack as much OA as I could on a build in order to take advantage of all the crit damage I had. 4k OA with Ascension (around 3600 without it up) and 98% crit dmg. Lots of beautiful crits. :yum: :yum: Not sure how practical it was but it was fun! (And cunning dump on a lightning build, yuck. :joy:)

4 Likes

Funny, I was doing the same exercise today! :smiley:

1 Like

Only 3.6 k OA? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Noice! Frankly, orange and red crits are one of the funnest things I have experienced in this game.

May I ask tho, how do you make use of Upheaval with a PS build? White attacks?

1 Like

Yes, I’m using the cooldown version of primal strike with a sizeable cooldown reduction from the gun and amulet (it’s down to about 1.25 seconds). I figured if I’m getting big crits, I might as well get the biggest possible numbers on screens :grin:
And at 20/10, upheaval is just as good as spam PS, so I like to think it evens out.

1 Like

Yeah, but with 115% crit damage, 165% on PS :smiley:

1 Like

That’s diiirty right there!

1 Like

So funny! I am also doing the same thing. This is on a deceiver: Deceiver, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator . 149% Crit on DEE. It is a blast.

3 Likes

Just for fun, I’ve tried to make the build with the highest crit damage possible, regardless of if it made any sense.

I settled on Rune of Hagarrad, as inquisitor has a lot of bonus crit damage, and I could use 2 chillflame evokers.

with deadly aim active, inside a seal, it gets 144% crit bonus, 216% on RoH :rofl:

It might actually work… it’s probably way too glassy, but dat DPS : :chef’s kiss:

2 Likes

I made something crazy unintentionally, mainly focusing on Primal Strike, and got around 147% critical in it.

2 Likes

This is so cool :slight_smile:

Have you tried going Sentinel instead and specing into Divine mandate ?
You’d get the same RR with guardians, but a bit more crit damage, and I think better tankiness.

Edit: Kinda like this: Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (I only changed the relic and moved some points from physique to cunning)

2 Likes

I would likely die each minute at least once with this guy - but templar fire aether ray also can stack a bit critical damage Templar, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

2 Likes

I like to go non-meta. Seal is kinda hard to beat for tankiness as well. that coupled with the reduced damage done from censure makes the build surprisingly resilient.

2 Likes

Alright, I think I have something:

253% crit damage on Flames of Ignafar

And it actually looks decent :rofl:

2 Likes

Test that out!

3 Likes

Just did: It’s … alright

Obviously some dubious choices were made to get that much crit bonus, so the results are a bit meh.

For example, Aura of Censure would probably net more damage than Divine mandate, and I’ve spent 2-3 prefixes boosting it to 22/12. That’s saying nothing of the very pedestrian sustain and tankiness.

But as it is, it’s pretty fun, and things melt VERY fast. The dummy resets in about 10-11 seconds.

I think the place where crit damage abuse would net the best results would be in a DoT-focused build, as a big crit will keep going until done, unless overridden by an even bigger one.

4 Likes

What were testing grounds? SR? CR? MC? I feel like glass cannon builds do much better in CR than SR. So probably the top runners could get some very nice times with some of these builds.

2 Likes

Main campaign

If a top runner wants to take it and give it a shot, I’m all for it.
I don’t think it’s anything special though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s another one, a bit toned down on the crit side, but since it’s a DoT damage type (bleed) we could be seeing great results.

161% crit damage on ring of steel, usable every 0.5 seconds.

2 Likes

Well, it didn’t pan out.

Survival is actually better than I thought, but the damage output is just not there for some reason.
I struggled to finish SR50

Back to the drawing board

2 Likes

Don’t worry bruh, that happens like 50/50 chance when I plan on building something out.

2 Likes