Talking about quality of life but...

Still not additional stash…

that is about 5-6 month i didn’t played grim dawn (i have more than 1000 hour playing before that) and i saw your last patch, talking about quality of life. Then i wanted to play a little.

And big surprise, my add-on stash manager has vanished from my computer with all save (i really don’t know why). And now i lost about 1000 hour playing time just because you just don’t listen to player who ask more stash (as i asked many time here before using stash manager) And now, i’m ver, very angry cause my english is low but i took time to ask this stash as many other player and you did nothing, really nothing and now you talk about quality of life??? Then wake up or shut up please, if you want talk about quality of life you should begin by adding stash, cause all player are using add on or are tired to create many character to stock item…

Really, i know i’m not lucky and it’s surely rare to loose all save from stach manager, but what can i do now??? First i don’t have the love to play the game again (+1000 hour of farming lost…) as i always waited for expansion i’m now wondering if i’ll buy it cause like i said i’m very angry. Maybe you don’t care about this cause if i’m not alone there is probably no more than 100 people thinking that but if you really care about quality of life wake up. i expect an answer for this message even if my english is poor, it’s the less you can do for my 1000hour of farm i lost.

play another 1000 hours and wait for the expansion, its just a game…

with the expansion the stash is going to be increased not sure by how much exactly

Use GDStash, http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23414, it allows you to store your stuff, craft items, and edit your character.

/10characters

Do we try to fix the problem or is this just the end for you?

I am really not sure what happened, but depending on the stash manager you were using, there might be backup files somewhere. It sounds like you took a break, I suspect that the save file format has changed since you last played. Did you uodate the stash manager too? I am pretty sure most of them work with the new save format already.

Anyway, if you are looking for help, there are people here that will try. If you just need to vent, I understand.

There is also GDSidekick project, which would replenish your hoard of gear very quickky.

I think the more obvious train of thought here is HOW you lost your stash manager and all your saves and then go from that to blaming Crate as being the cause (only in a roundabout, “hey guys we just pushed a patch” blaming kinda way). Pure rubbish and poor logic to say the least.

Anyway, moving on to the more important matter-at-hand, clearly you updated your game to the new version thus the maintainer of your stash manager needs to update their tool to work with the new game version. Presto… that’s where your stash went that you supposedly lost. Quite likely it’s sitting on your computer right wherever your manager keeps the stash files.

Back to the game update and now your saves… same thing as above. You sure the game just didn’t simply toggle the cloudsave feature on ya? /shrugs we all know GD does this to people on updates. Nothing new here.

If it truly wasn’t either of those and by some odd black magic miracle you simultaneously managed to lose both your saves and stashes then maybe karma is kicking you in the nuts (or you are neglecting to inform us about that huge data-munching crash you had just prior) or perhaps you just need to learn to navigate your PC and learn where things are stored (hmmm about that latest update)… see where I’m going here?

***taking $100 bets from all takers everything is still there on his computer. Lets do this. Fire up that Remote Desktop and hit record for maximum fun.

I want more stash but I found my own solution. It works with basic game but with Crucible DLC you can eliminate the Reanimator quest to access stash for each mule.

Then I use a idea I got from the Library system where I am ‘the Dewey Decimal system’. But I don’t use numbers so don’t need to use 10 categories further subdivided.

But the Dewey Decimal first number is 0 General 1 Philosophy 2 Religion 3 Social 4 Language 5 Science 6 Technology 7 Art 8 Literature 9 History and Geography

And then next number divides more as different categories of the 1st number…

So in Grim Dawn I make a character name Mule Chest Piece… Now if I have too many Chest Piece that the Mule is full I make Mule Chest Piece Spirit stat… and that holds only chest piece with the highest stat spirit…

So you can subdivide Mules who are “too full”. But don’t bother to make a new mule until there is a need or you might do labor that you don’t use.

But I also would like more stash. And it would still work with my existent Mule system. It would just make each mule have more space and more space as a transfer window.

Also believe it or not Titan Quest didn’t have any shared stash! Until the Immortal Throne expansion gave like 1 small window! I’ve used Titan Quest vault and I prefer my mules in GD because it is in game and with crucible it is as ‘fast’ to use (for me) as vault was.

Edit: also I will note that I only collect epic, legendary, certain consumables, and ‘starter’ items which are generally useful double affix greens that can equip level 12-14 or so. If I find a good green that suits a character I already have exist then I transfer it to them but I don’t save greens even double prefix special ones for a future character. I would save a ‘Super Green’ which I consider maybe a monster infrequent with prefix/suffix that all synergies well together or generally useful. But haven’t found that yet haha :slight_smile: When I get to ultimate I plan to farm some Cronley rings or Gollus rings or things like that but I don’t bother farming for normal/elite other than epic/legendary

I’d just like to be able to name the tabs, I.e “chaos-cold” or “pyro-grenado”

you lost that because you paid no attention and deleted it, the same could have happened with your in-game stash. Do not blame the game for your mistakes.

Really, i know i’m not lucky and it’s surely rare to loose all save from stach manager, but what can i do now???

you can download most uniques in the item collection GDSidekick, or download GD Stash to create them

I actually organize by gear slot first. Head, wrist, tomes, other caster offhand, Shield, two hand etc… Because I might only twink out a certain slot that I am weak in. So I will be looking for a need to fill that slot. Other slots I might not bother. If I have a storage “fire” that could be a very big category and would be subdivided too much to where it is wiser to divide by slot and then if that slot (or tab like you say) is full e.g. 1 handed no pierce items is full then make a 1 handed no pierce fire slot or tab (which is a pretty small category)

But the first division for me is logically into gear slots because I am not going to ‘twink’ my whole gear slots for 1-85 levels just if I really like certain items or have a weak gear slot then I take the time to look in my magic wardrobe.

Edit: and actually looking at this I might in the future make mace/sword/axe distinction between mules because if a character has a axe constellations etc…

It only took D3… How many years? Since the first suggestion, for them to make an armory. Maybe GD can cut down on that time with Stash improvements.

you lost that because you paid no attention and deleted it, the same could have happened with your in-game stash. Do not blame the game for your mistakes.

I think it’s my “AVG clean up”, or not…One thing is sure it’s that i didn’t delete it manualy, when i read your mssage (and other one) it’s like if you think i’m defective. But if one day you have the same problem you’ll weep here like me. I never said Crate is directly responsible of that, but they did nothing for player who have 200-300 hour of playing and many item to stock. If i tookk stash manager it’s only cause the stash in game is maladjusted and you can’t say i’m wrong on this cause i think you are all using this.
But if the only answer from comunity is spit on my message there’s really no sense, cause no one of you in same situation could said “i lost everythin but i don’t care, i’ll just play 1000 hour again”.

And if crate didn’t talk many time about quality of life i think my message could be very diferent, but they are talking about, and as i ever post about stash before my problem, now i think it’s really legitimate to be angry.

The first question has to be which stash program you were using if not the in-game stash only. As said there are ways to get the stuff back, but without knowing which stash we can’t help much.

Second is Crate have said there will be more storage available when the expansion comes out. Still a few months away, but it is coming.

The first question has to be which stash program you were using if not the in-game stash only.

Stash manager, then it left me only one stash (the one which is switch into game saving) and i lost about 10 stash (all purple item, all rare item, all set and more…) I lost all save that were on stash manager file.

Second is Crate have said there will be more storage available when the expansion comes out. Still a few months away, but it is coming.

Better late than never, but i hope it will be enough and not less than the nomber of new unique item…

I can udnerstand medierra’s point about not wanting to have a dozen copies of the same item laid out. but making enough space to hold all epic/legendary item and some MI’s at least once would make for suitable stash size imo. then again I am someone that has 8-10 of each item in the game so that its possible to select the one i want depending on build.

Then post in the stash manager thread to find out what you can do get it back.

I doubt in-game stashes will ever be enough for us packrats. :smiley: Which is why having something like Grim Dawn Item Assistant or GD Stash is so useful, especially as they can be used while playing GD, unlike the old TQVault which can only be used out of game or you screw everything up.

Then post in the stash manager thread to find out what you can do get it back.

I doubt in-game stashes will ever be enough for us packrats. Which is why having something like Grim Dawn Item Assistant or GD Stash is so useful, especially as they can be used while playing GD, unlike the old TQVault which can only be used out of game or you screw everything up.

I appreciat your help, and i’ll see what i can do even if it’s always difficult to me to do that kind of post as my english is very low. That’s also why i don’t like add-on like stash manager, cause they are in english. But yeah the game can have enough stash if crates wants, or at least it can have more to talk about this famous “quality of life” On path of exile you can get as much as you want (even if it’s not free, but the game have his server…).

^ This. Exactly what i think. The stash should be able to hold all epic / legendaries in the game (1 copy of each) + materia. There were good ol’ times when we used 3rd party software or manually managed our items or used mules but really this isn’t 90s it is 2017. Players don’t need to get drowned in routine.

But what about all those MIs and other nice greenies? And I like to keep some yellows for early game play too.

I think I’ve got about 100 vaults in good old TQVault and still haven’t stopped collecting. :smiley:

Out of game storage is fine for me and probably easier than anything in-game. At least with TVault I can make and label my Vaults to hold certain stuff, not sure that would be possible with an in-game system. It would just be all jumbled together.

What a hoarder you are m8 :smiley: Me too though. Ok let the devs add +2-3 tabs for MI’s and good greenies )) Personally , I 'm not sure how it could be implemented UI wise.