Terraforming Needs Some Kind Of Work

Tried to place a market after terraforming over and over.

Market Denied.

Game play can get pretty annoying sometimes.

4 Likes

Do a single 4x4 flatten terrain order where you want the building to go, should work.

that flatting earth is my worst nightmare, never fix a thing. the more I try to fix, the more I mess it up. after 600+ hours still haven’t improved. lololol the best advice I could give you is to play on flat land map. enjoy your game ^_+

1 Like

I hope they make a 2D version of this game - like the good old ones with flat tiles. Right now its like 78% of the game time to think and draw the next flattening area. And it is easier to just create a whole new 10m of hillside than completely flat almost flat land… Seems like there is higher focus on adding more stuff into the game rather than making some old stuff to work in a decent level.

I have the same issue with a sand pit on the side of a mountain. Keep thinking why would sand be on the side of a mountain? Let me know if the 4x4 works please.

4x4 made no difference. It is apparent that on some maps you can terraform forever but slope too large still reports.

Oh my gosh, yes! Trying to put a sand pit on a mountain or flatten a deep rock mine is an absolute nightmare. The terraforming just makes no sense to me, even after playing for over a year now.

(Yes, I know I can watch YouTube videos on it from people who claim to have figured it out, and I have, but they still don’t make sense to me. It’s not intuitive!)

1 Like

Even a 2x2 for a gold mine is proving to be difficult on the map I am currently working. Now having to terraform down the side of the mountain to be able to get a road to connect, but yet the ox wagon will be completely vertical going down the side when I don’t want him to and to take the road.

Im not sure how the flattening algorithm works, and I agree it does need to be tuned up. What has helped me the most is flattening just the amount you need to put the building on. Tends to be good to go after 1-2 flattens.

That works for the most part and even had my sand pit make a ‘shelf’ in the side of the mountain. Good thing it didn’t have to be rotated for the arrow to line up with the road. We know tunneling was around in at least the 15th century which jives with this time frame, so why are they not tunnels?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.