Thank you for participating in the v1.2.1 playtest!

Another lengthy playtest lies behind us. The cycle will begin anew with a smaller v1.2.1.1 playtest, which will begin later this Summer, but this marks the end of major changes to the game prior to the Fangs of Asterkarn expansion. Thank you all, as always, for reporting bugs and helping expand the game’s viable builds!

The final patch notes are now available, and a new build will likely go up in playtest for the weekend before going live for everyone next Wednesday.

Keep your eyes peeled for our regular development updates as we will likely open up the doors to the esteemed ranks of the Praetorians later this year in order to replenish their depleted numbers ahead of our closed FoA playtesting. We will be seeking active members of Grim Dawn’s community who are a positive influence. Expertise in cutting edge endgame is not required!

18 Likes

still has phys res on current build

and some other mistakes

no Wraithbound on armor, but accessories.

should be pet Phys Res.

the duration is already longer than 150%. Perhaps 250%.

text error, actually Summon Familiar and Summon Blight Fiend +4

still +3

Oh, these have been quickly repaired.

Did the 2 summon skills you mentioned also receive +4?

It is only a text error in patch notes. The bonuses are always Bird and Blight, in v1.2.1 and in previous versions, and correatly become +4.

Playtest for hotfix? :thinking:

9.0-9.8 wasn’t just hotfixes so .1 version increments can be real/standalone patches :grin:

A person who doesn’t understand sarcasm? :thinking:

/grinemote

A little bit too fast new update haha. Anyway it’s inspiring to see something new. And I’m interested to be a pioneer. Some suggestions:

Could we have some components only for two-hand weapons, just like those augments? Builds using two-hand weapons lack a whole components on birth, and two-hand augments have given a possible solution.

Could ranged weapons have a bit higher base damage? Maybe 10%-15%, or not so much, 5%-10%. Too many ranged weapons have so low base damage that they are of no use at all.

The skill Dreeg’s Evil Eye(only with Fevered Rage) has been having a bug. If it’s given damage conversion modifier, the damage bonus modifier it gains will take effect twice. For example, with the off-hand Mythical Tomb of Atonement, total damage modified, fire damage, burn damage and chaos damage from Mythical Tomb of Atonement and Ember’s Calling Set to Dreeg’s Evil Eye will all take twice effect.
Blackwater Cocktail(only with High Potency) have similar bug.
Yet it’s not hard to notice that even with such an appalling bug, builds with DEE(FR) or BC(HP) are still not very powerful(maybe T1-T2). If this bug is fixed, these two skills will be too weak. You’d better consider what compensation you should offer. Maybe double those modifiers’ figure?

A setting option could be added to decide whether equipments in storages can be used to forge. Sometimes we have prepared one in our bag, yet accidentally ones in storages are used. That can be destructive.

Another setting option could be added that pressing certain key to show equipments’ value range, just like the new added Ctrl. It’s inconvenient to search on grimtools once and once again. And many D-likes have this function.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly on their previous livestream, they said they weren’t going to add new components. One thing I can think of is the component doubling the component’s bonus instead if it is placed on a two handed weapon (work would be hard though since they’d have to compile lots of code).

Agree.

1 Like

Or at least make it clear what the algorithm is for deciding what gets used and in what order. A week or so ago I thought I was clever, moving a lesser-roll Troll Bonecrusher into my inventory, only to have the blacksmith grab one out of the shared stash. If it is not made clear how to tell what is used in crafting, I am going to have to start emptying out everyone’s pockets and stashes and throwing all the stuff to preserve on the ground first before any crafting is attempted!

1 Like

that’s weird
the blacksmith should always pull from player inventory first, stash second, afaik :thinking:

Support!
Two-hand weapons which only can use one components, not only for the numerical data, but also limit the build a lot. For example, the component Seal of the void, which grants the weapon attack technique by 16%, can be doubly used by one-hand weapons or shields (32%), but only can be used once on two-hand weapons. Thus, it is difficult to make the weapon attack tech 100% for some two-hand builds. :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

Fangs of Asterkarn has teaser revealed we get WPS% increase modifiers for items, so hopefully that should fix most 2hand builds low on wps
i dont’ remember if Zantai had rejected it again for FoA re 2hand components, but it’s been a longtime stance/frequent rejection to change components to increase effect for 2handers

In the early days of Grim Dawn there were no two-handed weapons, and when they were added their implicit value in place of extra components was they did a ton of damage.

That’s not a valid argument. I picked GD, because it was different than popular D-likes.

So glad to hear that 1.2.1.1 will be the last update before the Fangs of Asterkarn expansion, which means that Fangs of Asterkarn will soon arrive in autumn or winter? It’s really exciting.

I still hope to give all Health Restored enemies in SR a clear logo so that players can easily recognize them, as I mentioned in another thread.

I often encounter situations like : a Nemesis only has a small health left, but suddenly receives a large mouthful of health from the inconspicuous Health Restored enemies next to it, which is really frustrating.

Other monsters with unique threats all have special symbols, such as Arcanes, Shielded, or Timewarped. As a monster type that unique and cannot be ignored, having a clear logo is both reasonable and necessary for Health Restored Enemies.

This is not a feedback thread, guys…It’s going to get purged when the playtest forum is wiped.

Every thread eventually turns into a feedback thread