The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Yo Maya,have you ever tried making a warlock with gate of many worlds,focusing on birb dmg with bysmiel? if not you think it would be viable somewhat?

I tried exactly that but the truth is… conjuer or even necro is far superior despite a huge elemental boost from IEE.

There’s a lot of information in here … too much for my small brain to process.

From what I can see both Ritualist and Conjurer builds are OP. Since I’m shockingly lazy I haven’t yet looked at those build details but how many buttons do I have to play - if it’s 2 I can cope with. If I have to have the skillsets of a concert pianist, not so much. I don’t care which pets are involved, I just want them to smash everything while I treat myself to ice cream while they do the dirty work, including getting rid of those pesky Celestials, without drinking potion after potion

So … based on that flimsy criteria, what so I be playing ? Here’s my payment to Maya - if you are still eating ice cream and not on a diet :ice_cream: :ice_cream: :icecream: :icecream: :ice_cream:

1 Like

To answer your question, The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer :3 would be the best option. It does have 4 skills in total if you count the medal augment movement rune as well, but…

• You can skip using Wendigo Totem for the most part unless it is a superboss.
  • Movement Rune skill is completely optional and same for Evade (unless fighting a superboss like say, Crate of Entertainment).
  • That leaves you with Curse of Frailty and Blood of Dreeg as the only “active” skills you have to press every now and then.

Thanks Maya. That sounds good to me. If I go supreme lazy I can always use GDAutocaster from TqFan. If I do that then I guess I could go with any of the pet builds.

1 Like

There is also this one – Mnemosyne - Pet Conjurer

But it struggles a bit vs crate sadly :frowning:

@GSAsylum made one - Warlock, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

It can kill cally, ravager, etc just fine. Not as strong as conjurer, but definitely viable.

You rock,but my entire point was making it around Gate to Many Worlds - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database :smiling_face_with_tear:

Simply swap the off-hand, account for skill point changes and you are good to go :stuck_out_tongue:

(yes, you lose the chaos > lightning conversion for doggo, but should still work more or less the same, just less damage)

1 Like

The world gate proc i would asume makes up for the dmg,also its flashier

Sadly it doesn’t. That is why most builders aren’t going for it.
I myself wanted to use it for my Fluffy Squishy initially, but even without investing in Hellhound, Stormbringer was a much better option for damage.

Sadface /10char

Maya, Maya, hello!
How objective is killing a dummy?
The crux of the matter is this:

With the Yeti Talisman, the dummy dies faster than with the Sand King’s Amulet. Bleeding was so humiliated.

Previously, I carried out tests by killing each celestial 10-15 times and finding the average time, but now I’m lazy.
Or rather, it’s not even laziness, but just complete frustration. I used to facetank Ravager and Callagadra and the time was 45/60 seconds, but now it’s 60/90, and they also kill me sometimes.
The crucible remained as it was for 6 minutes. I didn’t notice any acceleration even in AoE kills.

Now, I’m trying to change something in the assembly in order to get at least some benefit from the update.

Dummy kill is completely irrelevant.

Also that build doesn’t make any sense :sweat_smile:

Get rid of Wind Devil. It is useless here since your pets are not doing any elemental damage anymore.

Also get rid of Blood Orb Off-hand since you are not going for Chaos pet build. Take the Briarthorn Off-hand instead (Bloodsworn Codex)

There is no need to have both Manticore and Bysmiel’s Bonds devotions.

If you are going for Vitality damage, switch one of the rings to Spiritbinder ring if you want full Elemental to Vitality conversion for pets (optional since you are focusing on Briarthorns).

Get rid of points from Hellfire. No need to invest more than 1 point there.

You want to 12/12 Aspect of the guardian and 10/10 Oak Skin for the Resistances they give both to you and your pets.

Since you are converting both Physical and Elemental to Vitality (gloves and belt), take Rattosh devotion.

You can remove Huntress devotion if you wish, since build is no longer bleed focused.

Oh, no, what are you talking about?

1. 2 points to the winds purely for the more frequent proc of the constellation (which I put on them).
    For the same reason, manticore + Bysmiel. Yes, these resistor cutters do not add up, but it’s better to have them all the time than half the time.
  2. The acid damage in this build is greater than the elemental damage (hound of bonds + blood of Dreeg). The blood sphere comes in very handy. Acid turns into health. The Codex (including the hound’s archive for the cabalist) and Zaria’s necklace are trash (I apologize if it’s rude, but I judge by the speed of killing celestials - if you need to pay attention to some other aspects, then tell me which ones). Spirit Captor (ring) is also worse than current rings.
  3. When the hound’s aura is removed, the group’s DPS drops by 15% (instead of 1kk+, 800-850k remains - I see the numbers through DPYes). Of the skills, I would only max out the Mogdrogen Rite, but I don’t know where to snatch the points from.
  4. I don’t need more resistance, all resistance (both mine and my pets) except physical is to the maximum. I feel sorry for spending a skill point for +1 to physical resistance.
  5. I have just enough constellation points to take Wolf Mogdrogen. To take Rattosh and keep the Wolf, I would have to give up a lot of pet bonuses. It’s a pity.
  6. I do not dispute your experience as a pet breeder, so I will be happy to test your suggestions, but you should not only tell me what to change, but also what to change for what (of course, if I have not already carried out these tests earlier), because in my opinion I Now doubt it because of the amulet only.
  1. Like I sad, you don’t need manticore (same type of RR as Bysmiel Bonds, so they don’t stack), so you are wasting skill and devotion points.

2. I disagree and Briarthorn Codex, not Hellhound one. I did not say anything about necklace.

3. Hellfire is irrelevant here.

4. Yes you do since your pet acid res (and a few others as well) is not overcapped either and enemies have RR.

5. You can easily take both.

6. The problem with your tests is the base build, which is not built to benefit from Bleed necklace. I have already mentioned what to change and what to take. The decision ofcourse is yours.

Here is an example build from playtest -

1 Like

Figured I’d ask here.

Suppose I spec into Blight fiend, and take unstable anomaly (Which reduces cooldown by 13 seconds). I’m also wearing Rotdrinker crest and circlet of the great serpent, which reduced cooldown by 4 seconds.
I’d be able to summon 1 blight fiend every second, and maintain 3 at all time.

Given how DOTs stack if they are form different sources, Meaning every blight fiend, and each of their 2 attacks, plus their on-death attack each counts as a different source (Plus rotting fumes aura)

And given that devotion procs DoT also stack if they are from different sources…

If I was to summon a new blight fiend every second, giving each about 3 seconds to perform each of their 2 attacks at least once, and hoping that they die within that time to trigger their on-death attack, all the while proccing Scorpion sting every 1.5 second, each time from a different source…

…I would have at least 12 concurent poison attacks ticking simultaneously, right ?
I could also completely ignore pet defense, resistance and health, since it’s actually beneficial for them to die very quickly… and just concentrate on damage.

…Would that work ?
And how would you build it ?

Sorry for the late reply, was busy with irl stuff :sweat_smile: .

Yes, it would work and you can also simply resummon the pet to trigger its on death attack. So, no need to wait for it to die on its own.

Regarding how to build, a rough cabalist setup - Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.2.1.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
(not certain on which tier 3 devo route would be best atm, will need to test to be sure)

1 Like

Wonderful, was hoping it would work like that (Unlike certain runes I could mention)

Connex question: do devotions damage scale with pet damage if they are bound to a pet ? (Otherwise, trying to leverage Scorpion sting is not gonna work very well)

I will start with that, thanks!

1 Like

They do, also works for damage conversion. Anything bound to a pet takes that individual pet’s stats and conversions to calculate the damage.

1 Like