The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Bleed Pet Conjurer coming soonTM

(As soon as GT comes back up that is)

Will O Wisp will be getting another update too.

EDIT: Also, Ret Warlord is going to make a comeback too, even lazier than before :stuck_out_tongue:

Added a new bleed based pet Conjurer to the list :blush:

What should I expect from a budget build like Dodo? Can it run SR 60-66 as recommended, or he meant to farm troves and some other easier stuff?

They can all run 65-66 on Normal.

1 Like

Just to prove viability - I’ve finished Elite vanilla+AoM+FG with zero deaths (jeez, I should have run HC), Conjurer 84 lvl atm. I’m aiming at Fluffy Squishy since I have M.Beastcaller hat recipe already and more or less enough of resources to transmute for the full set (I miss 3 of 4 pieces of Birbs’ set anyway so probably should complete M.Beastcaller for now). Yet another question: the main reason of using Cataclysm’s Eye offhand is a combo of +1 to all skills, chunk of hps and chaos res? Diviner’s Codex looks good damage-wise but it’s probably deceptive being only offensive.
Oh, and should I post grimtools link to my toon, just to provide some basic look on a leveling for those who might be interested/sceptical?

Btw, this is also a viable option: Sanguine Lupus - Pet Conjurer
(Bleed based offensive oriented Beastcaller pet conjurer without Bys Trinkets)

Cat’s Eye provides that +1, chaos res and also Stun res. I am not a fan of Diviner’s codex, even on Diviner builds :stuck_out_tongue:

My other choice would probably be a well rolled Bound Wraith or M. Channeling Orb

And feel free to link your build, we must spread the glory of Pets to all corners of Cairn by any means necessary image

Ok, this is how it looks in the end of Elite with all major quests closed:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYdlmJZ lvl 85
The rings was hanging there since Veteran, I’m kinda lazy to switch. The only “costly” thing was helmet… well, ok, the relic probably too. Augments is a mess. Imbued Silver and Purified Salt was used keeping in mind the Ultimate penalty. Overall it’s a hobo outfit but it works.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25oQByZ lvl 93
Not much changed on Ultimate since I’m going to do the full Dodo switch at 94 then farm some. While Lupus is no question possible I’d still stick with Dodo - how could I trade Bysmiel’s sweet Bonds for some Moggy’s doggo howl?! Sacrilege.

1 Like

1 Like

So… a bit of a change to the Top 3.

Pet Deceiver is out (it is still in top 4 tho) & Bleed Pet Conjurer is in.

Also the builds section of the guide needs some updating. I will get around to it when I am not feeling so lazy.
Might even write down the skills, devos, items and stuff so that you won’t need GT for stuff, but that is a big “Might” since it is the opposite of Lazy (for me that is).

Well, I’m very close to 100 lvl now, did some post-94 equipment changes https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25ogjmZ. Not a “classic” Dodo 'cause I had some stuff from/for “true endgame” Fluffy Squishy. Crafting eats Ugdenblooms like the cookies so I’m using Diviner for now.
Right after 94 I went to SR and made it to 45 on Vet without any troubles, lvl 99 1/2 and 0 deaths. Well, there was like two moments when my pets was totally wiped out for a moment, but it was such a mess I can’t really tell who the hell AoEed them and with what. Nothing really dropped there except hi-end relic recipe (Korvaak iirc) and Mythical Bane of the Winter King, which I’m guessing is useless in any pristine pet build anyway.
Build works wonders, this is golden.

Not much use going Vet SR if your goal is to farm for items. Normal will be faster and easier for the same amount of loot and thus more efficient.

Also, now that you have Bys Grasp you can shift points from Hellhound into Raging Tempest for more RR and get Bonds of Bysmiel to 12/12 so that pets last longer. While Hound will be weaker if you do this, overall it should still be an improvement for both DPS and Survivability.

Also, obligatory

Can you add a section for pets from item, skill, devotion, … not just mastery?

But I already have though?

Ok, Guide has been updated and I will be making a few more changes to formatting in the coming centuries.

But the forum version had to be deleted since I don’t think I can maintain that separately anymore. It was already at word limit and with the stuff I have planned, the numbers of words are only going to increase.

So it is either online pdf or the offline version. Speaking of which, current host is only Zippyshare, but I will provide another if needed upon request.

You mean I’d have to press four buttons now?! This is getting ridiculous, I’m very disappointed :roll_eyes:
On serious note, I’ll definitely respec into Tempest, the woofer dies first anyway (#BuffWoofPlz :service_dog:) and has no useful buffs. Reached SR 60 on Normal, I did Vet just for a bit more xp pushing to lvl 100. So now I’m going to run SR 65 to 66, it’d take like 8 mins top, if the portals would open somewhere far away and the bosses combined would be ugly.
Maybe I’m gonna test out your take on Ritualist some time later, looks like he’s a bit different toon.

1 Like

Actually, the extra button was one of the reasons why Wind Devil was absent from the Budget Version. Never underestimate my Laziness :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, Doggo needs buffs!

And yeah, Ritualist plays very differently from the usual pet builds. Same goes for my Rawr God Cabalist. Those are both centered around exploding Blight Fiends :nauseated_face:

1 Like

All right, I admit, 65-66 is doable but scary and not a farming at all. I lean to think I’m a clumsy driver than blame bad mutator combo, troublesome bosses stack or weakness of toon itself, so I just toned down to 55-56 and it doesn’t look like I’m missing something. Celestial lotus? Check. Rare recipes? Check. Mystical legendaries? Heck yeah. Fast and safely? Yup. Fun? You bet it is. I could swear I saw the birb one-shotted Kaisan somewhere at SR 55, and this is without any special stuff in equipment.

Nearly collected all I’d need for ritualist, the only thing I miss is a recipe for Ghol’s chest, then I’m good to go. The sad thing is the RRs for Posion/Acid is somehow scattered, we can’t convert Briarthorn and/or Wraiths to acid 100%.

Now it’s heavily depends on what will drop first, the Ghol’s recipe or Bysmiel’s Trinket(s). Anyway, damn, I’m having fun.

You can convert Briarthorn and BlightFiends to Acid 100% > Scorpius Pummeler

Also, you have more poison RR than you think.

• The Ghol’s Malice set for eg, adds -20% to Swarm and 28 flat RR to Mog’s Pact.
    (If going with a Cabalist instead of a Ritualist, you only get the -30% from Vulnerability though and might need to take Manticore Devotion if you want extra RR)

• Then the Pet from Ghol’s Set Eldritch Talon has an -10% Aura with a 10m radius.

• Then you have Murmur devotion for another -30%

• Also you will notice that I am using Plaguebearer which also gives -12%. While whether it is better than Scorpius Pummeler is debatable, it works pretty well against single targets like Callagadra or Ravager.

• All in all 100 Acid & Poison RR.

There aren’t any dangerous highly poison resistant bosses (well except for superbosses who have 103%), so it should be more than enough for all content.

So… new patch disguised as hotfix rolled out image

No changes to any of the builds. So carry on image

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about, the ritualist’s RRs is scattered between 5 sources (Swarm, Pact, new doggo, Murmur and Plaguebearer) while pristine conjurer (Fluffy Squishy) has only 3 iirc (CoF, Crown, Wind Devils). The choice between Plaguebearer and a Scorpius Pummeler is gonna be in favour of the first since big stinky is the main damaging skill, so it’s like we don’t really have phys-acid conversion for Briarthorn in late game (not to mention Wraiths who looks a bit off overall). Not saying it’s a big loss but a loss anyway.
Well, and if even you didn’t made Ritualist in your top 3 powerfuls, there’s some flaw in this class combo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The SR just dropped M.Chausses of Barbaross and M.Reaver’s Claw. That’s sooo far away from what I’m doing… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: